SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

After two weeks of tweaking and salary-cap manipulations, Hawks general manager Stan Bowman completed identical five-year deals for forwards Kane and Toews worth a reported $31.5 million each, while defenseman Keith inked a 13-year, $72 million contract.

They have a lot of money tied into Hossa as well.

I'm glad the 'Hawks are actually spending money on young, talented players with a good upside. Much better than the days of "Dollar Bill" Wirtz, and unlike a few other teams who fork over tons of money to players who were "great" last decade ... *cough* Rangers *cough* ;):D

i won't go as far as to say kane doesn't deserve his contract, because he is a hell of a hockey player, and being a di@k to a cabbie doesn't change that fact... but i can't say i didn't think last summer that management might use this incident to their advantage to sign him for a little less, who wants some spoiled kid who beats up a cabbie over a dollar, but i think they understand how important kane and toews are to the future of that franchise, and hope that this was a one time mistake, im sure management has had plenty of conversations with him to ensure it doesn't happen again. not sure if this affected his contract negotiations at all, which considering they gave him and toews identical ones, i would have to say it had no bearing whatsoever. heck, tiger woods has been screwing around on his wife for years, and not only are all of his sponsors backing him... he's now getting new sponsorship offers?? its the world we live in.

i didn't think last summer that management might use this incident to their advantage to sign him for a little less, who wants some spoiled kid who beats up a cabbie over a dollar, but i think they understand how important kane and toews are to the future of that franchise, and hope that this was a one time mistake, im sure management has had plenty of conversations with him to ensure it doesn't happen again. not sure if this affected his contract negotiations at all, which

That is kind of how I would see it, tell him he is on double secret probation. Kane is an amazing player and should be conpenated for his efforts.

I'm glad the 'Hawks are actually spending money on young, talented players with a good upside. Much better than the days of "Dollar Bill" Wirtz, and unlike a few other teams who fork over tons of money to players who were "great" last decade ... *cough* Rangers *cough* ;)???

Huh... where did I hear that GM styling?

Oh yeah... Chicago Cubs (1990s)....Minnesota Twins....

Wirtz was just as bad as McCombs (Vikings), Pohlad (Twins), and a few others...

But I do agree. Spending money on guys in their prime or entering it is a GOOD idea even though you will probably spend more.

Cheating Sioux strike again! :glare:

Yes, but Parise's quote in one of the local newspapers was: "... I didn't do it blatently." :)

I would also like to add that if Ryan Miller didn't reach out to smack Parise in the ass, he probably would've made the save on the Devils' 3rd goal. Just sayin.

I heard it said somewhere that during a recent game they were interviewing Steve Yzerman about the Canadian Olympic camp (or naming the team or whatever) coming up and he was asked if he could come back as a current NHL player, who would he come back as.

His answer?

Zach Parise

Yes, but Parise's quote in one of the local newspapers was: "... I didn't do it blatently." ???

I would also like to add that if Ryan Miller didn't reach out to smack Parise in the ass, he probably would've made the save on the Devils' 3rd goal. Just sayin.

Parise may want to request NOT to room with him at the Olympics! ???