SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Go to google, find google translate, enter the url and have them translate from Norwegian to English. It works really well most of the time. The translation is a little rough, but you get the gist of it.

Bina comes to Oilers from Las Vegas Wrangler, where he was this season has been the team's best defenseman. He was taken out to play All-Star game in the ECHL next week and was selected to start the match for his team. He is a player back with the right mount that is expected to take an important role in the Oilers their power play and also be a driving force for the offensive game.

Bina previously played college hockey at North Dakota Fighting Sioux, where he was a teammate with the following NHL players: Jonathan Toews (Captein in Chigaco Blackhawks and Canada's Olympic team), TJ Oshie (St. Louis Blues and the USA's Olympic team ) and Zach Parise (New Jersey and the USA's Olympic team). North Dakota is annually one of the best schools in ice hockey.

- We've got a player back with the right composure. It was important for us and gives us more opportunities for variety in our majority stake. We hope he can put his mark on our team as he has done in the teams he has played in the U.S., "said Petter Thoresen.

Makes this old man wonder why Robbie jumped across the pond. He was a league all-star playing in Lost Wages. Did the Norwegians pay him significantly more money, or what?

Since I was once told that European Elite leagues pay more than the AHL, I'm guessing that the wages in Bina's new league can beat the ECHL's wages.

The only question I have is why didn't he jump after the ECHL All Star game and not before?

*I received this information in an e-mail from The Ralph.

Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the 2000 Championship

Join us February 19-20 during the men's hockey series vs. Duluth, as we recognize the 2000 Fighting Sioux men's hockey National Championship team!

Don't miss the 2000 National Championship team pre-game autograph session!

Saturday, February 20 at 5:30 PM:

-REA Northeast entrance

-Autograph cards will be provided. Limit one per person. No outside items allowed.

One of the greatest Sioux players to ever wear #7, Troy Murray, is being honored tonight by the Blackhawks for his contributions as a player and as the Blackhawks radio color commentator for years.

1980-82 55g 74a 129pts

One of the stories involving Troy was a game in which he lost the faceoff in the Wisconsin's zone and a Wisconsin player shot it down the length of the ice and it got by goaltender Jon Casey ala Frazee. the story goes that when Murray got back to the bench his comment was, "Guess I should've won the faceoff." :(

Here's another great quote from Troy by Blackhawks team historian Verdi...

"By the time the ambulance took me from the rink to the hospital, I had stopped gagging and could breathe again," he (Muray) recalls . "But I still didn

Parise is seriously going medieval on the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight . . . but he's only got 2 goals so far. He's had about 4 grade A chances for the hattie, so let's keep those fingers crossed.

He finished w/ 2 goals, 2 assists and a +2.

Zajac 1 goal, 3 assists and a +2 (game winning goal in OT.)

They looked GREAT with Zubrus on the line, as 31-9 said, Parise could have had 5 or 6 goals easily in this one.