SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Zajac with another goal tonight as well as an assist.

Parise with two assists . . . and rumor is he maybe possibly was selected for the All Star game; the Devs radio guy mentioned it in his post-game interview, rosters officially announced tomorrow.

Parise with two assists . . . and rumor is he maybe possibly was selected for the All Star game; the Devs radio guy mentioned it in his post-game interview, rosters officially announced tomorrow.

He gives a good interview. Not alot of "Ahh's", and you can understand him. ;) Zach said he didn't know the selections were announced tomorrow, and if he doesn't get picked, he'll take a vacation.

Where he hasn't been too hot as of late, it's a crime if he isn't selected to the team. When others weren't scoring about a month ago, Zach was caring this team on his shoulders. He hasn't had that great of a month, this past month, but he's still 11 points ahead of his next teammate in scoring.

Brian Lee is currently 24th in the AHL in scoring among defencemen and has the lowest plus/minus of any defencemen for the Binghampton Senators so their might be a little bit of draft status playing into his selection.

That really is pretty good. Maybe Brian will get a chance at the NHL this season.

Where he hasn't been too hot as of late, it's a crime if he isn't selected to the team. When others weren't scoring about a month ago, Zach was caring this team on his shoulders. He hasn't had that great of a month, this past month, but he's still 11 points ahead of his next teammate in scoring.

Anyone else see that hit Parise took last night. Took a face dive into the boards. If that took place in college it would have been a game misconduct.

I didn't want to start my own thread but....

For you Sioux trivia buffs, I have a question:

When (and who) was the last time a defenseman scored a hat trick for the Sioux (if ever)?

I'm just curious. ;)

I'll take a guess and say Nick Naumenko.

EDIT: I'll scratch that guess and go with Travis Roche. I'm pretty sure he had one.

I'll take a guess and say Nick Naumenko.

EDIT: I'll scratch that guess and go with Travis Roche. I'm pretty sure he had one.

I have yet to find a game where Travis had a hat trick (I thought it might be him too). I know he had 6 points against the Gophers, but it didn't include a hat trick.

doesnt look like zpar made the east all star, maybe he will if someone cant go or something. oh well. great first half so far for zach. i have a feeling he and toews will be representing the sioux for a while in years to come in the all star games. malkin left off as well with 48 points. zach has 40 points as it seems all star teams go a lot by name and stats

i would put malkin first then zach over gomez

east

west

Amazing the amount of pro players wish they would have stayed in college, when looking in hindsight. It's a magical time of life, regardless of if you're an athlete or not, and people should experience it before moving on to life and all the challenges it throws at you.