SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild Preseason

octupus99

Does anyone know if the Wild are going to actually play a preseason game in the Ralph this year? I noticed that September 30 is listing Chicago and the Wild, but no arena is mentioned. The Ralph never writes me back about it, so I don't know. Anyone know anything?

• 1 year later...
XM Radio 204 (NHL Home Ice) will have an hour devoted to the Wild today from 4-5 pm central. Head Coach Todd Richards will be a live guest at 4:05.

On the Wild's website they just list:

Tuesday Sept. 15, 2009 @ St. Louis Blues 7 p.m. Scottrade Center

Friday Sept. 18, 2009 Columbus Blue Jackets 7 p.m. Xcel Energy Center

Sunday Sept. 20, 2009 Chicago Blackhawks 5 p.m. Xcel Energy Center

Monday Sept. 21, 2009 @ Columbus Blue Jackets 6 p.m. Nationwide Arena

Thursday Sept. 24, 2009 St. Louis Blues 7 p.m. Xcel Energy Center

Friday Sept. 25, 2009 @ Chicago Blackhawks 7:30 pm United Center

Tuesday Sept. 29, 2009 @ Philadelphia Flyers 6 p.m. Wachovia Center

In the past they have announced the game in GF later for some reason. Likely a marketing reason.

Does anyone know if the Wild are going to actually play a preseason game in the Ralph this year? I noticed that September 30 is listing Chicago and the Wild, but no arena is mentioned. The Ralph never writes me back about it, so I don't know. Anyone know anything?

Not likely going to happen this season, they probably would have announced it already. It's too bad because I loved going to the one that was between the Sabres and the Wild.

I hate all there other jerseys, but these new alternates are actually awesome in my opinion.

The angle of the lettering is too steep.

You notice the glove more than the sweater.

There's nothing unique or eye-catching about it.

The Maple Leafs have more going on on their sweaters.

Are we sure this isn't really just a new practice target jersey?

The only way it could be worse is if it said "Michigan State" on front.

This looks more like a throw-back (that should be thrown back) to an era they never had.

So, be careful, I might not hold back and tell you what I really think about it. :lol:

If you have a team crest wear it out there.

If I want script lettering on the chest I'll look at baseball teams.

The angle of the lettering is too steep.

You notice the glove more than the sweater.

There's nothing unique or eye-catching about it.

The Maple Leafs have more going on on their sweaters.

Are we sure this isn't really just a new practice target jersey?

The only way it could be worse is if it said "Michigan State" on front.

This looks more like a throw-back (that should be thrown back) to an era they never had.

So, be careful, I might not hold back and tell you what I really think about it. :lol:

If you have a team crest wear it out there.

If I want script lettering on the chest I'll look at baseball teams.

I think it serves its purpose well. It's an alternate jersey. Alternates generate more revenue through additional jersey sales. What it also does is give fans who don't like the other jerseys a completely new look, instead of a tweaked version of one of the other ones. Too much green and red combined looked goofy, and I like the toned down red with a vintage look. Much cleaner and it doesn't scream Christmas.

I think it serves its purpose well. It's an alternate jersey. Alternates generate more revenue through additional jersey sales. What it also does is give fans who don't like the other jerseys a completely new look, instead of a tweaked version of one of the other ones. Too much green and red combined looked goofy, and I like the toned down red with a vintage look. Much cleaner and it doesn't scream Christmas.

I dont care for the new 3rd jersey....not very creative...

Looks like the Minn 3rd jersey was designed by the same unimaginative people who designed the the current (and terrible) Dallas Stars sweaters. The Stars give us throwback jerseys even though Dallas has no hockey history to throw back too (so to speak). They do not evoke any nostalgic feelings in the native Texans who have become hockey fans. To us they look like pajama tops. Then again, anything is better than the stupid "fallopian tube logo" 3rd jerseys we had a few years back.

Oh, and the Wings suck! There's about a million of those failed Michigan Yankee bastards in Dallas now. Every time the Wings come to town half the people in our arena wear red. If only we could deport them...

I admit they did suck this year failing epically against a team that has Bettman's BJ fantasy on it and an overrated goaltender. Then again... no one was more overrated this year than Osgood.... maybe Huet but in the big picture... Osgood outsucked Turco this past season!

"Osgood outsucked Turco this past season!"

Now that is saying something because Turco was terrrrrrrrirrrble most of the season. Some buddies and I take a trip up north about every other year to follow the Stars around for a few games. We usually focus on the Canadian teams. Last trip we took was to Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. We also try to see any minor/junior league games on the off days so we saw a Calgary Hitmen game too. One of the guys suggested this year that we catch a game at Joe Louis but I don't think I could take an entire arena decked out in Red Wings paraphernalia. I'm lobbying against it with offers of free drinks at the first game in Canada.

"Osgood outsucked Turco this past season!"

Now that is saying something because Turco was terrrrrrrrirrrble most of the season. Some buddies and I take a trip up north about every other year to follow the Stars around for a few games. We usually focus on the Canadian teams. Last trip we took was to Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. We also try to see any minor/junior league games on the off days so we saw a Calgary Hitmen game too. One of the guys suggested this year that we catch a game at Joe Louis but I don't think I could take an entire arena decked out in Red Wings paraphernalia. I'm lobbying against it with offers of free drinks at the first game in Canada.

Turco was terrible last season, especially for the first half.

However, if you look at stats towards the end of the regular season, Osgood actually had WORSE stats!

I guess, though, overally, I'd say Huet is the most overrated of those mentioned. I mean... Turco has been good at times and done so over a number of seasons. Osgood has Stanley Cup rings. Huet was good for one season and is now "the man" in Chicago. He is just terrible.

Oh well.

And better to be a Wings fan than watch the sheer boredom watching Lemaire's Wild. Well... I love ZPar and TZajac, but I fear that it's going to be the Devils being the most boring NHL team next season. Though maybe Lou will pull the plug early like he has a number of times the past 10 years. One can only hope.

A few times last season Turco would string a few brilliant games together and then crap himself for weeks. It was excruciating to watch. This is his final contract year and he's 34 so he better play lights out this season. This is also Modano's final season so I hope Turco helps him make one more run at a cup.

A few times last season Turco would string a few brilliant games together and then crap himself for weeks. It was excruciating to watch. This is his final contract year and he's 34 so he better play lights out this season. This is also Modano's final season so I hope Turco helps him make one more run at a cup.

The Wild jerseys are pretty weak. But the Bruins 3rd is sweet.

I wish UW would get a new alternate jersey.