SiouxSports.com Forum

Overtime

dmksioux

I've noticed that the Overtime Bar and Grill sign says closed and that the doors have been boarded up. I have also heard that the restaurant is being sold. Has anyone heard anything as to what is going to happen to the restaurant?

Isn't that the old 42nd street eatery?

Apparently, it has been bought, and the new owner is making a few changes before they reopen. Not sure what it will be called.

Yep...used to be 42nd street eatery and before that it was Toppers. Any idea if they are keeping the volleyball leagues?

Apparently, it has been bought, and the new owner is making a few changes before they reopen. Not sure what it will be called.

Don't think it's been bought unless it just hasn't closed yet. Since this is your first post you might have more of an in than I do. But at the price they were asking all I can say is WOW if it was sold. I've often wondered why it's hard to work at that location even with the 700 units with in a block. To go back even farther..does anyone remember when it was "Toppers"? Now...that was teh best burger you could ever get!!

Don't think it's been bought unless it just hasn't closed yet. Since this is your first post you might have more of an in than I do. But at the price they were asking all I can say is WOW if it was sold. I've often wondered why it's hard to work at that location even with the 700 units with in a block. To go back even farther..does anyone remember when it was "Toppers"? Now...that was teh best burger you could ever get!!

AND the best shakes!! Mmmm...

Wasn't the same Toppers there though...even though same owner. That guy also owned the eating place on South Washington and maybe 20th Avenue. Both ended up going out of business at the same time I think. That might have been one of the first sports bars in GF...specialized in italian food?? What was the called??

Wasn't the same Toppers there though...even though same owner. That guy also owned the eating place on South Washington and maybe 20th Avenue. Both ended up going out of business at the same time I think. That might have been one of the first sports bars in GF...specialized in italian food?? What was the called??

Players.

To go back further still, its original occupant was a burger place called The Red Barn. That was back in about 1977 or 1978.

After it was Toppers I think it was called BLB's Pit Barbeque or something like that. That only lasted a short time though.

J [something] B's (or maybe it was BJB's), as in (Big???) John Borman, the owner of Players, Village Inn's, Toppers. He still might be involved in the Village Inn out by Holiday Inn Express on 32nd.

J [something] B's (or maybe it was BJB's), as in (Big???) John Borman, the owner of Players, Village Inn's, Toppers. He still might be involved in the Village Inn out by Holiday Inn Express on 32nd.

I don't think Borman is around GF anymore. The Village Inn on 32nd Ave. S. is owned by some people from Minot.

Does this look about right for the history of the Overtime building?:

1. Red Barn

2. Toppers

3. BBQ place

4. 42nd St. Eatery

5. Dagwoods

6. Overtime

The staff at Overtime mentioned that someone from Fargo had bought the place. Other than that, I have no idea. I also heard a rumor that they were going to allow smoking again, whenever they reopen.

I've heard that reopening might not be an option. Land possibly redeveloped and the building drastically made over. Pretty good source, we'll see.