SiouxSports.com Forum

Early prediction

OETKB

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone want to take bets on the chances that Rick will make up an even more lame excuse as to why the Sioux are better if and when the Gophs do win the "all important" WCHA and NC in the same season.

My guess is he will pull out the "Your title doesnt mean as much because you didnt win it with a midget goalie" card :glare:

I just had a conversation with a former co-worker and was saying I could do without the 3-peat talk. I think everyone agrees UM has the talent on paper, but what the hell is that worth in June? How many people had CC picked to win the WCHA last year? Or Denver the year prior?

I'd rather see people picking against the Gophers - put a chip on their shoulder so to speak - then they can dare everyone to knock it off a la that dude from Black Sheep. Although that was a battery, but it works the same. :angry:

Last year I said the Sioux would not finish in the top 3 of the WCHA - this year they will. Out on a limb with that one, uh? :glare:

It's the rest of the WCHA I have question marks about. I think MSUM has lost too much on O and their D was horrible last year. Unless they make great strides in the defensive zone, they will have a first round road series.

SCSU will travel, as will UW, MTU and UAA. UMD, CC and DU round out the top 5.

Not to mention that MSU-M couldn't score a goal even handed. I think UND will go forward and Minny will drop off a bit. You heard it here first UofM will not win the NCAA title a third time in a row. I think UND and others are going to have a thing or two to say about that...

Not to mention that MSU-M couldn't score a goal even handed. I think UND will go forward and Minny will drop off a bit. You heard it here first UofM will not win the NCAA title a third time in a row. I think UND and others are going to have a thing or two to say about that...

Wow, a pretty bold move picking the field for the NCAA tourney champ! As for UND moving up, where else do they have to go? As for the Gophers dropping, not out of the WCHA top three.

If the Gophers or UND can get to Boston, I like either of their chances. The trick as stated above will be to avoid the Grand Rapids regional. Maybe UND can move all the way to the top of the WCHA and try for the "ultimate"!! :glare:

• 6 months later...
1. UND

2. Minnesota

3. Denver

4. CC

5. UMD

6. Mankato

7. St. Cloud/Wisconsin

9. Michigan Tech

10. Alaska-Anchorage

Minnesota has not won the league title the last 2 years, so I do not expect that this year. The Sioux are going to be very good. Denver has talent and every other year competes. CC loses a lot, but had good freshmen last year and a good recruiting class. UMD has some good young talent, but not great depth and may be a bit overrated. The wild cards are Mankato and Wisconsin. Was Mankato a fluke that took everyone by surprise? Can they replace Stevenson? Is Backes an impact freshman? Does Wisconsin's great freshman class produce this year?

Time to revive this thread. These were my preseason predictions. I had UMD too low, as they look like a top 4 team, perhaps 2 or 3. Wisconsin is also low, although I expected them to be better, just not this fast.

Wow, a pretty bold move picking the field for the NCAA tourney champ! As for UND moving up, where else do they have to go? As for the Gophers dropping, not out of the WCHA top three.

If the Gophers or UND can get to Boston, I like either of their chances. The trick as stated above will be to avoid the Grand Rapids regional. Maybe UND can move all the way to the top of the WCHA and try for the "ultimate"!! :glare:

I was hoping for UNH to come back. That way if UND plays them in the NC game, everyone scores! Parise gets a hatty... and I mean JORDAN! :lol:

As for predictions, one step at a time. Right now I predict UND to make the NCAA Regionals and they will be the team to beat in the WCHA tourney. Who wins? Dunno. The urge to get ahead of myself is there though. :huh: