SiouxSports.com Forum

Any word if anyone has decided to leave?

4-H 97-98

I'm just as big of a Sioux fan if not bigger than anyone on here. I am not however someone who believes every single player that puts that jersey on is Wayne Gretzky either. Kozek reminds me a lot of another former draftee by the name of James Massen who accumulated 15 goals and 20 assists in 42 games his sophomore year. His junior and senior year he had thirteen points combined in 59 games. Massen had one of the best snap/wrist shots on those teams. Do you think the Devils were more interested in James after his sophomore year or his senior year? I would love to watch Kozek shoot the puck for two more years at REA, but from a business stand point he might want to take his cash while he can get it.

--Breakin face "A nice fellow once you get to know him"

I certainly don't take issue with you having that opinion, but do take issue with the facts you seem to be basing that opinion on such as...

This year Kozek was able to get open playing on a line with TJ Oshie and Ryan Duncan. There is a reason his numbers stalled when he was taken off that line chief. I don't see him being as successful on a line with guys like Vande and Trupp, or Frattin and Watkins.

As was pointed out he scored the majority of his goals BEFORE he played on the Oshie Duncan line and with those exact players you say he can't do it with.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, the guy just stated his opinion with a little attitude and a bunch of folks all fired up over nothing.

Kozek had a good year and if he and Atlanta worked something out it might be a good idea for him to take the offer. He could have nice year at UND again but there is no gaurntee. You know what they say about a bird in hand.

I know I would like to see him back.

When did I tell you you were wrong? I have been told my wife was yelling out Kozek's name in bed, I think that's more offensive than anything I've said on here. You all need to lighten up a bit, I've been here for two days said I don't see Kozek having another year like this year, and you treat me like Jeff Paukovich?

--Breakin Face "The Victim of Society's Ways"

Fine, you never said that I personally was wrong. I will lighten up. However, I will state that I do take offense to people telling me that they are a bigger Sioux fan than me. I agree that you are probably just as big of a Sioux fan as I am, but bigger? that would be for people who know both of us personally to decide. And if I was going to treat you like Geoff Paukovich, I would knee you in the balls, but you haven't done anything to deserve that, so I will only have disagreements with you.

I do not think that every player to put on a Sioux Jersey is going to be the next Wayne Gretzky. I realize that every player is different and that they will do what they can. I also realize that team general managers and coaches in the NHL know way more than I do over whether or not a player is ready, so if they think that Andrew should stay another year or if they think he should sign I trust them. I also trust Hak and that he would recruit the best player for the Sioux to play for us.

I cannot believe how much Kosek has improved this year!!!

That being said, it is my belief that even as as good as he seems this past year, he should remain another year with the Sioux. Even talking to his mom the other day, she didnt even know what he was doing. I told her how impressed I was by him this year and how far he had come from last year, I hoped that he was staying another year.

My thinking is.....he is a good academic student, good street smarts and a good hockey player. He would do well playing in the NCAA for another year.

I cannot believe how much Kosek has improved this year!!!

That being said, it is my belief that even as as good as he seems this past year, he should remain another year with the Sioux. Even talking to his mom the other day, she didnt even know what he was doing. I told her how impressed I was by him this year and how far he had come from last year, I hoped that he was staying another year.

My thinking is.....he is a good academic student, good street smarts and a good hockey player. He would do well playing in the NCAA for another year.

And Kozek's dad was overheard at the F4 saying, "He's not going pro yet. I just bought him a damn house!" :silly:

I don't need Jim Dahl to tell me when I lead the forum in posts, I came in with a resounding 19 yesterday, blowing away Sioux-CIA by 7 posts.

Is there a posting contest that I don't know about? Nevermind, posting for the express purpose of being #1 poster is not appealing to me. If there is a contest, I don't want to participate!

Is there a posting contest that I don't know about? Nevermind, posting for the express purpose of being #1 poster is not appealing to me. If there is a contest, I don't want to participate!

Yes!! Sioux-cia if your out that brings me one spot closer to the top.

Who cares about the sox, after all we have a way cooler manager, we have a way cooler field, better neighborhood, better everything, and after this year we will be the team with bragging rights, Go Cubs Go!!

I realized last night after watching the game on ESPN though there is nothing like a WGN Broadcast, ESPN didn't play the stretch or the victory song after the game. :silly::D Both make me feel so at home when in ND

Who cares about the sox, after all we have a way cooler manager, we have a way cooler field, better neighborhood, better everything, and after this year we will be the team with bragging rights, Go Cubs Go!!

I realized last night after watching the game on ESPN though there is nothing like a WGN Broadcast, ESPN didn't play the stretch or the victory song after the game. :silly::D Both make me feel so at home when in ND

Go Cubs Go, Cubs are going to win today.... :0