SiouxSports.com Forum

Disappointing...

siouxnami

Disappointing...

For the 3rd straight frozen four we didn't get any goaltending when we needed it most.

But what a run for the senior class. 4 Frozen Fours. Congrats Seniors and Juniors that will be moving on. Here is to reloading and trying it again next season...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing...

For the 3rd straight frozen four we didn't get any goaltending when we needed it most.

But what a run for the senior class. 4 Frozen Fours. Congrats Seniors and Juniors that will be moving on. Here is to reloading and trying it again next season...

Disappointing... yes indeed.

But man... how many teams/players can we say have done what the Sioux have done these last four years? Yes, they haven't been able to get the prize, but they've taken their fans close and always for a crazy and exicitng ride. I'll take the last four years versus never even getting the chance.

Good luck and godspeed for those departing players. We'll be watching you in the pros and we'll be watching the Fighting Sioux next year taking us on another crazy ride!

Go Sioux!!

I heard a saying that fits this team and the seniors . . . the team took us to the mountain, and while we didn't get to the peak, we got to enjoy the view above the clouds.

Thanks to the seniors and best of luck to those moving on. For those coming back, lick your wounds and then it's time to look ahead to October.

I heard a saying that fits this team and the seniors . . . the team took us to the mountain, and while we didn't get to the peak, we got to enjoy the view above the clouds.

That's beautiful man... very true!

Disappointing... yes indeed.

But man... how many teams/players can we say have done what the Sioux have done these last four years? Yes, they haven't been able to get the prize, but they've taken their fans close and always for a crazy and exicitng ride. I'll take the last four years versus never even getting the chance.

Good luck and godspeed for those departing players. We'll be watching you in the pros and we'll be watching the Fighting Sioux next year taking us on another crazy ride!

Go Sioux!!

What? Losing when we were supposed to win, 4 years in a row? C'mon man?

I am not sure how everyone is so positive...

What a joke...

This one is gonna sting for a while...

This one doesn't sting me because I've already seen the Sioux get spanked by the hands of BC twice before this one. Seeing it happen again didn't really sting me as much since I've been familiar and accustomed to see the Sioux get throttled by BC in the national semifinals.

You wanna talk about stinging? The 1-0 loss to Denver University in 2004 still stings me to this day whenever I think about it. If we ever had the best chance to win a championship it was then. :D

This one doesn't sting me because I've already seen the Sioux get spanked by the hands of BC twice before this one. Seeing it happen again didn't really sting me as much since I've been familiar and accustomed to see the Sioux get throttled by BC in the national semifinals.

Exactly. This team is not as good as the previous 2 years. That combined with the results of the last 2 years made me think that a loss was likely or at the least very possible. I just didn't expect it to be this bad. Although, when it is this bad, all you can do is laugh.

We lost a game in the Frozen Four. Any way you put it.... 1-0, 12-0, 3-2, OT, whatever, it's going to sting.

What makes a fan a true fan is how they handle the loss.

Right now, a lot of "fans" aren't showing themselves in a classy manner.

What? Losing when we were supposed to win, 4 years in a row? C'mon man?

I hear what you're saying and I agree that we "should've" won. But shoulda, woulda, coulda... Everytime the Sioux lost, we lost to a better team that night.

In the past I probably would've been cussing and swearing, throwing things around, dumping on the coach, team and whoever else I thought was to blame and would've said bull$%!# about the other team being losers, etc. But I guess having kids brought me some opportunity to be a little more introspective on things. As a result, while I'm pissed off, I realize there more to it than just the loss. While Hakstol hasn't gotten the National Championship yet (and it's the whole team, not just the coach) he'll (along with everyone else on the team) get us there.

We still have made it further that so many other teams and there are probably plenty of fans that would like to have a team like the Sioux that gets them that far.

I'm as disappointed as much as any other Sioux fan but like Upper Deck said, "...they took us to the mountain and while we didn't get to the peak, we got to enjoy the view above the clouds." For me... that sums it up.

But everyone has their opinion...

We lost a game in the Frozen Four. Any way you put it.... 1-0, 12-0, 3-2, OT, whatever, it's going to sting.

What makes a fan a true fan is how they handle the loss.

Right now, a lot of "fans" aren't showing themselves in a classy manner.

Well then you can be happy with no championships as an elite team in 4 straight appearances in the Frozen Four

I hear what you're saying and I agree that we "should've" won. But shoulda, woulda, coulda... Everytime the Sioux lost, we lost to a better team that night.

In the past I probably would've been cussing and swearing, throwing things around, dumping on the coach, team and whoever else I thought was to blame and would've said bull$%!# about the other team being losers, etc. But I guess having kids brought me some opportunity to be a little more introspective on things. As a result, while I'm pissed off, I realize there more to it than just the loss. While Hakstol hasn't gotten the National Championship yet (and it's the whole team, not just the coach) he'll (along with everyone else on the team) get us there.

We still have made it further that so many other teams and there are probably plenty of fans that would like to have a team like the Sioux that gets them that far.

I'm as disappointed as much as any other Sioux fan but like Upper Deck said, "...they took us to the mountain and while we didn't get to the peak, we got to enjoy the view above the clouds." For me... that sums it up.

But everyone has their opinion...

Allright, I like your perspective! I am young and a senoir this year and just wanted one while I was here. I wanted it really bad, as we have been to the Frozen Four all 4 years I have been here. All 4 years we have lost when we were so close.

Well then you can be happy with no championships as an elite team in 4 straight appearances in the Frozen Four

You don't have to be happy, but you don't have to fly off the handle either.

Flying off the handle includes:

1. Scapegoating - Any time you blame an entire team's problem in a loss on one or two players, that's scapegoating. Please don't take offense to this, but anyone (not meaning you specifically) who scapegoats is retarded and not a true fan.

2. Calling for administrative changes - The coach can only do so much. He didn't cause Genoway to make mistakes, or the Sioux to play so poorly. The team played like crap. Not Hakstol's fault. He set up the game plan and trained them according to what SHOULD have been able to put the Sioux in position to win. The fact that the team let down the game plan isn't his fault.

Allright, I like your perspective! I am young and a senoir this year and just wanted one while I was here. I wanted it really bad, as we have been to the Frozen Four all 4 years I have been here. All 4 years we have lost when we were so close.

You might live 80 more years and not see the Sioux make the Frozen Four 4 consecutive years again. Enjoy that accomplishment. It is disappointing to lose, but the nice thing is we will be in the mix again and eventually get the title.

I can respect that FULLY.

Any word on how Taylor Chorney is doing? He has been a great Sioux player. I hope he was not hurt too badly.

That was an amazing play. Apparently both BC and UND thought it was a penalty. The officials decided not to call one.

I mean, the BC player who hit Chorney even stopped playing!

Was it a penalty? Hopefully someone who was at the game will chime in because there wasn't a good camera angle on it. It could have been a knee to knee or a knee to thigh or a knee to groin or a stick to any of those places. I couldn't catch it. It was barely on camera.

YOU wanted it really bad? I'm sure the players wanted it 50 times more than some senior college student sitting in the stands.

Tell ya what, jerkweed, I went to school from 1988-1992 and times got lean then. From 1992-1995 they were even worse. And you know what? I stuck by the team because I bleed Sioux green. What gives you the right to think you're somehow entitled to a national championship. They've won 7 in the history of the program, yet you were somehow DENIED a title? Appreciate the fact that this team went as far as its did and you had a wonderful four years watching them. You could have spent four years watching Bowling Green, Lake Superior State, Providence, or any other half-assed program. Instead, you were treated to four quality years of hockey.

Go Fighting Sioux. Forever.

I hear ya... we all wanted it bad (not taking away from your perspective at all). But, in the end... we are just fans. But look who we're fans of? The best college hockey team on earth! (Actually, I'm started to sound awfully frickin' sappy... but it is the way I feel)

Go Sioux!

I'm sad too from the outcome of the game, but I think many fans have gotten spoiled over the years with the playoff success and getting to the Frozen Four. We always want more which has led to many to start pointing fingers and playing the blame game. Right now I'm very thankful for:

A university with a great hockey tradition, a faithful fan base that travels well with the team during the season, the best venue to watch a hockey game in, and yes, getting to still be playing in April while so many teams and fans hung up their jerseys many weeks ago. There are many, many teams that have never made the NCAA tourney much less won a game in it or have made the Frozen 4. My advice is to reflect on some of the positives we have going for us.

Although the Sioux made it to the frozen four, it appears this is a team that doesn't have much heart. Sioux teams of the past would have fought back after being down 2-3 goals, but this team didn't seem to want to win. That sums it up for me.