SiouxSports.com Forum

Are you in Denver?

richthorpe

To Anyone:

Are you in Denver? So you made it there ok,

So what is the atmosphere like? Any Sioux Player sightings?

How was the skate around? Did you watch practice?

Was Trupp skating around? Do you have anything else to add?

This Post is for Any SS.com member who is in Denver and can help us on SS.com who could not make the trip...

Have fun, and Go Sioux...

Rich T

I live in Denver and will be at all three games.

I hope none of you NoDak folks are thinking you are getting a break from bad weather. We've got 7 inches of snow coming to the metro area overnight and through Thursday!

Bring a coat!

I hope none of you NoDak folks are thinking you are getting a break from bad weather. We've got 7 inches of snow coming to the metro area overnight and through Thursday!

Bring a coat!

that's bad weather? a light dusting is what we call it in North Dakota

that's bad weather? a light dusting is what we call it in North Dakota

I spent the first 24 years of my life in North Dakota..I know bad weather. From a ND perspective, 7in of snow isn't much.

Now...put 2 million people on the road (seemingly half from California and Texas) and see what happens when the roads get slick.

Watch out folks.

I spent the first 24 years of my life in North Dakota..I know bad weather. From a ND perspective, 7in of snow isn't much.

Now...put 2 million people on the road (seemingly half from California and Texas) and see what happens when the roads get slick.

Watch out folks.

That and people in the metro area think they are invincible and fly down the roads when they are slick.

one group that left last night should be there, my other group left 7 am today from g forks and have cracked a nice cold one, sources say :lol:

my buddy and i will be leaving 7 pm tonight, we have a 5 pm departure from our local bar then will be hitting the feeways to the airport

1 more flying from g forks today and 2 from chicago, i think most all drivers left tis morning or will be leaving later today from grand forks, not many left yesterday, drive safe

Watch out folks.

Have you ever been to Watkins? Great bar there a few years ago called LuLus. Just wondering if it is still open. Great place and you cooked your own steak out back.

Bring a coat!

Hmmmm. I guess I'll actually have to go out and buy a winter coat! :lol:

Watch out folks.

Not all 2 million will be driving! :D

but yeah anyway I am glad I don't have to do any driving in denver.

We left Devils Lake at 7PM. Drove all night. Had breakfast in Cheyenne, WY and got into Denver at about 10:30AM. It looks like we are in the hotel that Michigan is staying in.

We found our rooms and had a nap. :D Now we are ready to go. We missed the practice; the nap sounded better at the time. The roads were good, but people all along the route were telling us a spring storm was coming. It was pretty foggy in Wyoming and that slowed us down a bit. I hit one pheasant and we dodged 2 or 3 deer.

Sioux/bufan and I made it to Denver this morning and watched the team skate - so we've had lots of Sioux player and fan sightings... It's been great so far, and the weather has been very pleasant. No snow or rain yet. We had all sorts of BC fans on the plane, so it's nice to be around fellow Sioux fans, finally!

To Anyone:

Are you in Denver? So you made it there ok,

So what is the atmosphere like? Any Sioux Player sightings?

How was the skate around? Did you watch practice?

Was Trupp skating around? Do you have anything else to add?

This Post is for Any SS.com member who is in Denver and can help us on SS.com who could not make the trip...

Have fun, and Go Sioux...

Rich T

I am here in Denver and was at both the BC and the UND practices,

my takes on the practices:

BC - They looked surprisingly slow for such a fast team the intensity was not there and they seemed to be frustrated with passes not sticking and shots missing. i also noticed that BC's shots were very weak, i think the lack of size of their forward unit results in soft shots but some of them have great puck handling skills.

UND - Looked great, the tempo was high lots of intensity and the passing was great. shots were a lot stronger than BC (was the first thing i noticed). the Sioux looked a lot faster than BC which totally took me by surprise as BC is supposed to be sooo quick.

Duncan Oshie and Kozek were on the line together so that will make a lot of people happy. second line was kaip frattin and watkins, third was vandevelde, watkins and martens, fourth line was radke, zajac and malone, and the scratched line was trupp, forney and i think Davidson .

i didnt catch Notre Dame practice but i did see Michigan, and i tell you what, they look GOOD. their passing is unreal they made a lot of absolutely impossible plays that made the crowd cheer. UND did the same but not quite as much as Michigan.

Thats my take on practices today and GO SIOUX tomorrow.

Have you ever been to Watkins? Great bar there a few years ago called LuLus. Just wondering if it is still open. Great place and you cooked your own steak out back.

No, never been out there. Come to think of it, in 12 years down here I don't think I've been farther east of Denver than the airport other than driving along I-76 a few times on the way back from Grand Forks for visits.

I've been all over the western part of the state, both north, south and central mountains...but never more than 5 miles east of Denver. Weird.

For those coming into Denver today, there is snow on the ground, and it is still snowing. There doesn't seem to be too much snow and the roadways just look to be wet. I25 is still moving by at a quick pace and I've only heard emergency vehicles once so far this morning. Wind may be a factor on visibility in the open.

BE SAFE!!

BC - They looked surprisingly slow for such a fast team the intensity was not there and they seemed to be frustrated with passes not sticking and shots missing. i also noticed that BC's shots were very weak, i think the lack of size of their forward unit results in soft shots but some of them have great puck handling skills.

UND - Looked great, the tempo was high lots of intensity and the passing was great. shots were a lot stronger than BC (was the first thing i noticed). the Sioux looked a lot faster than BC which totally took me by surprise as BC is supposed to be sooo quick.

Duncan Oshie and Kozek were on the line together so that will make a lot of people happy. second line was kaip frattin and watkins, third was vandevelde, watkins and martens, fourth line was radke, zajac and malone, and the scratched line was trupp, forney and i think Davidson .

i didnt catch Notre Dame practice but i did see Michigan, and i tell you what, they look GOOD. their passing is unreal they made a lot of absolutely impossible plays that made the crowd cheer. UND did the same but not quite as much as Michigan.

Thanks for the notes AussieSiouxFan.

I would have loved to hung around, after the UND hour, but I headed up to Fort Collins for the New Belgium Brew Tour. It's something anyone looking for a Brew Tour other than Coors or Bud may want to check out while your out here. I hit the Coors after landing on Tuesday.

Great meeting yesterday ASF!

By the way, this is a completely different Michigan team from the past. They play more as a team, instead of a bunch of egos knowing they will play in the NHL some day (T.J. Hensick and Jack Johnson come to mind). Having seen them play a few times this year, they have improved every part of their game to play a WCHA style and be able to win. They could win #10 here

It's one game at a time, and the team with two wins now takes home the title.

I'd love to see Kaip score a winner here for UND. And, Turnbull for Michigan.

Anybody stuck trying to fly American?

Go Sioux!!

Wow, Watkins must really be playing well if they are already double-shifting him on the 2nd and 3rd line....Go Sioux :D

Got in last night at 1:00 pm. Staying at the Red Lion, nice place, but its the one 8 miles from the arena. I can't beleive it is only $62, this would be at least $129/149 in St Louis. The snow is out and the car is covered. I might have to take the shuttle to down town.

Where is the Sioux Party in Denver? Has anyone picked a place? I can only hope we can find a place like last year in St. Louis, the cardnals where out of town and we crashed the bar/tent next to the ball park and drank the place dry. They even offered free beer for all sioux fans for an hour the next day for happy/ (get drunk cause we lost) hour.

Off to find tickets. Called the add in the paper upper deck starts at $135, and $235 for the glass for the first night. Let me know if you find a better deal.

Every

Sioux

Player

Needs a win

2day

Life will be great when we win #8!!!

Got in last night at 1:00 pm. Staying at the Red Lion, nice place, but its the one 8 miles from the arena. I can't beleive it is only $62, this would be at least $129/149 in St Louis. The snow is out and the car is covered. I might have to take the shuttle to down town.

Where is the Sioux Party in Denver? Has anyone picked a place? I can only hope we can find a place like last year in St. Louis, the cardnals where out of town and we crashed the bar/tent next to the ball park and drank the place dry. They even offered free beer for all sioux fans for an hour the next day for happy/ (get drunk cause we lost) hour.

Off to find tickets. Called the add in the paper upper deck starts at $135, and $235 for the glass for the first night. Let me know if you find a better deal.

Every

Sioux

Player

Needs a win

2day

Life will be great when we win #8!!!

Party at Brooklyn's across from the arena on SW side.