SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 1 game elimination tourney. That means the team with the hot goalie wins.

If J-P leaves it all on the ice like he's done all year, there's going to be a new banner hanging in RAE next fall.

And there's 24 other guys who will pitch in a bit too. ;-)

I like the Sioux 5-2 over BC and 4-0 over Notre Dame for #8.

(They are 'due' to beat Mich., and right now they believe...besides, Sauer is going to have an off night.)

It's a 1 game elimination tourney. That means the team with the hot goalie wins.

If J-P leaves it all on the ice like he's done all year, there's going to be a new banner hanging in RAE next fall.

And there's 24 other guys who will pitch in a bit too. ;-)

(They are 'due' to beat Mich., and right now they believe...besides, Sauer is going to have an off night.)

Every night is a off night for sauer, he's been lit up like a x-mas tree near the end of the season, he got lucky in the regional championship against...clarkson.

I don't see Notre Dame beating Michigan. I still am trying to figure out how they got this for when they

won so few games since the first of the year and lost their top point getter.

Every night is a off night for sauer, he's been lit up like a x-mas tree near the end of the season, he got lucky in the regional championship against...clarkson.

he's been lit up? in the last 3 games they've played he's given up 1 goal, 1 goal and no goals :)

I don't see Notre Dame beating Michigan. I still am trying to figure out how they got this for when they

I do, UND v. UND... Michigan will choke, and Notre Dame will be embarassed

he's been lit up? in the last 3 games they've played he's given up 1 goal, 1 goal and no goals :)

as I said, near the end of the season, giving up plenty of goals at the end fo the regular season and in the ccha playoffs, also last year he had a great game against us giving up 8 goals.

He is not a great goaltender, I would take every goaltender in the wcha before him.

the osh man #13 overall prospect according to HF

oshie 13 hf prospects

13. T.J. Oshie, C - St. Louis Blues

Height: 6'0, Weight: 188

Oshie has more than established himself as an offensive wizard and a first line center at the collegiate level with the University of North Dakota. But it is his increased involvement in the play, especially on the physical side of things, that has made Oshie a dangerous weapon for the future Blues. Now in his third season of college hockey, the issue of whether he will leave North Dakota early for the NHL becomes more of a focal point in his development. Oshie has little left to prove at the collegiate level and may be competing for a roster spot in St. Louis at this time next season. He is one of the fastest risers in these rankings as he is poised not only to take his playmaking skills to the next level, but also excel early in the professional game.

evereyone should be good to go, just depends on who hak wants in the lineup on the nhl sheet of ice

My gut is that Marto plays Thurs. over LaPoint. Much faster to match up with BC's speed.

AZSIOUX is a thread nazi. :)

Frozen Four Preview: Battles of unquenched thirst

Pretty nice read...

Anyway, the Eagles (23-11-8) shall lock twigs with the Fighting Sioux (28-10-4) in their seventh NCAA tournament tilt over the last decade, dating back to a 3-1 BC triumph in the 1999 West Regional. More specific to the current generation, these clubs will have their fourth consecutive post-Vernal Equinox tangle in a rematch of the infamous 40-minute game last October that was suspended due to Stanley Cup Final-like weather conditions that gagged the Conte Forum.
But if North Dakota advanced opposite Notre Dame (in a battle of NDs) it might get a few more people pondering this: for all the Native American nickname controversies, how come the Irish never protest an Indiana school representing them with a belligerent leprechaun?
:)

I tend to agree but I think it's also more of he's earned the right to start thurs.

not sure, lapoint was banged up with that concussion stuff and lapoint seemed to get the nod on nhl ice and marto on big ice so i guess we will see. either way sounds good to me. i like the nl ice vs BC for the sioux. less room for BC to move the puck around and the sioux should be able to cut them off and keep them on the outside cant wait til thursday, hell wednesday so i can get the hell out of dodge and get into frozen 4 country!

im guessing it will be between miller and radke for who sits for trupp, im assuming kozek will bebon the top line. tis team is gona kick some BC azzzzzzzzzzz

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of articles/coverage from the top 3 college hockey sites regarding the Frozen Four. I know that they will probably be pumping out stuff early this coming week, but this past week has just drug on without any real media coverage.

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of articles/coverage from the top 3 college hockey sites regarding the Frozen Four. I know that they will probably be pumping out stuff early this coming week, but this past week has just drug on without any real media coverage.

they will all have their stuff up monday-wednesday. this is a off weekend and the real interest will start up monday anyways, its not like there is tons of stuff they can do so there is no need to waste it until monday

Yeah, kinda wishful thinking on my part and, when I really think about it, I'd rather see the Sioux beat Michigan than Notre Dame. It's always sweeter to beat the team everyone thinks is #1....plus it would give JPL a few good chances to stone Mr. Porter and Co.

The key thing, I think, is that the Sioux field a group of guys who made a commitment to the mission. To return to the Frozen Four and bring home the hardware. And what's really important for them is that at the end of the weekend they know they tried their very best to bring it home. They don't want to be down the road a year or ten years looking back and kicking the dirt thinking they could have done more, or done better. And I also think this team knows that...they are mature, the Seniors have one last shot at the title. They'll leave it all out there, on the ice.

This is going to be a great Frozen Four.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a great Frozen Four.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!

Damned straight 808287. Great seeing you in Madison. We were knawing nails, albeit with supreme confidence, on Sunday (just about a week ago right now) so we did not stray far from our seats between periods.

Absolutely flew home, high from the taste of victory over the Red Menace. Next Sunday's trip home for all will be doubly sweet.

So I've been slightly bored this weekend and decided to search for blogs about the Frozen Four. I stumbled upon this one:

Hockey Blog In Canada

The University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux qualified for the Frozen Four by defeating the Wisconsin Badgers 3-2 in overtime to secure the Midwest Regional title. The Sioux come into the Frozen Four with a record of 28-10-4, and will play Boston College on April 10. The Sioux are led by junior forward TJ Oshie with 18 goals and 45 points, but have three players who tied for the goal-scoring lead with 18 - Oshie, and junior forwards Ryan Duncan and Andrew Kozek.

Sophomore defenceman Chay Genoway and senior defenceman Robbie Bina lead the way on the blueline with 29 and 25 points respectively, good for fourth and fifth in team scoring. Senior goaltender Jean-Philippe Lamoureux comes into the Frozen Four with a record of 27-10-4 while sporting a 1.64 GAA with six shutouts.