SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

This was the worst podcast all season. The CCHA sportswriter kept on with the " Why would I vote for Lamoureux for the Hobey. Heck the coaches in the WCHA didn't even think he was the best goalie in their conference." Then to hear them all tout Gerbe as the second coming and by far the most exciting player in college hockey. Gees have they seen Oshie play? I hope our players listen to the first 30 minutes of this podcast and get a little something stuck in their craw. (whatever the hell craw is). Based upon this podcast BC wins easy probably 5-1. You know they do have superior speed and have 4 lines that can score. And of course you know that Muse has played every game and is unbelievable for a freshman. :lol:

This really made me mad last night to the point that I ended up dreaming about the game (I never do that), My dream was that Finley crushed one of their little guys early on a check. He got a penalty of course since the NCAA refs don't allow a bigger guy checking a little guy. But we ended up hitting the entire game. We had to kill off about 6 penalties but we ended up winning 4-2. Bob Norton had a fit and complained that the refs cost BC the game.

Come on Sioux. Make my dream come true on Thursday. I'm sure I'll dream again after we beat BC.

I'm not sure I'll be able to post here though since I'll be in Denver cheering on the Sioux. But If we win 4-2 I'll find some place to post my next dream. More to come!

I know that as Sioux fans, we all want to take offense to this. But as I have been saying for the past month, when UND is NOT SUPPOSED to win, they win it all. I have begged for the "Sioux vs. the World" scenario all year, and now it is here. Oshie makes highlight reel plays, JPL is rock-solid, and the Sioux roll to #8.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't You Forget About Me

Nice interview with Duncan by PCM...

If anyone forgot that North Dakota forward Ryan Duncan won the Hobey Baker Memorial Award last season, he served notice during the NCAA Midwest Regional in Madison that he’s still around and a force to be reckoned with.

In UND’s 5-1 victory over Princeton, the 5-6, 159-pound junior notched his first career hat trick, scoring the game-winning goal with his quick, deadly-accurate wrist shot from just below the right circle.

Trailing Wisconsin 2-1 in the third period, Duncan rifled a drop pass from linemate T.J. Oshie into the far corner under the crossbar to tie the game. The Fighting Sioux went on to defeat the Badgers 3-2 in overtime, earning their fourth consecutive trip to the Frozen Four.

For Duncan, 22, his 18 goals and 22 assists thus far this season have been a drop from the previous season, in which he recorded 31 goals and 26 assists. That performance earned the Calgary, Alb., native the Hobey Baker, making him the second UND player to earn the honor since Tony Hrkac did it in 1987 with an NCAA-record 116 points.

I know that as Sioux fans, we all want to take offense to this. But as I have been saying for the past month, when UND is NOT SUPPOSED to win, they win it all. I have begged for the "Sioux vs. the World" scenario all year, and now it is here. Oshie makes highlight reel plays, JPL is rock-solid, and the Sioux roll to #8.

Yeah I am pretty sure that is the Sioux against the hockey writers and the world.

No locals are no problem

OK, so Air Force just missed pulling off a monumental first-round upset for the second consecutive season.

And Colorado College finished with a surprising thud on its home ice.

And the University of Denver probably will be hearing the echoes of pucks clanging against iron throughout its offseason after a frustrating loss at Wisconsin.

So the Front Range's three entrants into the NCAA hockey tournament did not survive the first round, prohibiting any local flavor from adding another level of excitement to the Frozen Four at the Pepsi Center.

College hockey fans still are going to witness some of the top players and teams in the nation in one of the showcase events of collegiate athletics.

Coach's corner

Gwozdecky's Pioneers are quite familiar with Western Collegiate Hockey Association rival North Dakota, but they also split an early series at Notre Dame in October. DU's coach offers his take on the Fighting Sioux, who won three of four regular-season games against DU but lost to the Pioneers in the WCHA semifinals, and the Fighting Irish.

* On North Dakota: "North Dakota is well balanced. They've had a terrific second half of the season and have great offensive capabilities with Ryan Duncan and T.J. Oshie. They complement each other and make others around them better. They have great experience in the Frozen Four. This is the fourth year in a row they have been there, and I think everybody expected them to advance no matter what regional they were in because of that experience and how well they played in the second half."

* On North Dakota: "North Dakota is well balanced. They've had a terrific second half of the season and have great offensive capabilities with Ryan Duncan and T.J. Oshie. They complement each other and make others around them better. They have great experience in the Frozen Four. This is the fourth year in a row they have been there, and I think everybody expected them to advance no matter what regional they were in because of that experience and how well they played in the second half."

Wow nice words from the Dasher troll...

My people on the ground in Denver report that it remains a seller's market, with many locals caught up in the excitement of the event, the sport, and the games. This can, and should, change come Thursday a bit but those who are planning to buy at far below face in front of the arena may be in for a bit of a surprise.

Time will tell. The bigger news is the sidewinder coming out of the west that is going to jam our roads through the night with rain, sleet, and snow. Maybe.

My people on the ground in Denver report that it remains a seller's market, with many locals caught up in the excitement of the event, the sport, and the games. This can, and should, change come Thursday a bit but those who are planning to buy at far below face in front of the arena may be in for a bit of a surprise.

Time will tell. The bigger news is the sidewinder coming out of the west that is going to jam our roads through the night with rain, sleet, and snow. Maybe.

I saw the weather on TV and it looks bad...

I saw the weather on TV and it looks bad...

Well this sucks. Good thing we put the new rubber on the roadster. Neither snow, nor rain, nor sleet, nor darkness of night, nor the Rosebud Reservation shall stop us from our destination . . . . Denver. Noon tomorrow. Everyone, keep the fingers crossed, the hands folded if that is your ilk, and your eyes to the Sky for all driving to Denver today, tonight, and tomorrow.

Well this sucks. Good thing we put the new rubber on the roadster. Neither snow, nor rain, nor sleet, nor darkness of night, nor the Rosebud Reservation shall stop us from our destination . . . . Denver. Noon tomorrow. Everyone, keep the fingers crossed, the hands folded if that is your ilk, and your eyes to the Sky for all driving to Denver today, tonight, and tomorrow.

lol very nice, drive safely and I hope you get to denver in one piece.

Found this over on NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=35901...mp;service=page

NHL.com comment: A very heated post-season rivalry, indeed, with three straight exit signs put on North Dakota's season by BC. They also alternated national championships, in 2000 and '01. No team in college hockey plays a more exciting style than North Dakota. The Sioux are led up front by T.J. Oshie, Ryan Duncan and Chris VandeVelde; their up-tempo style begins with the best defensive complement in the country in Chay Genoway, Taylor Chorney, Joe Finley and Robbie Bina. Senior goalie Jean-Philippe Lamoureux saw almost 90 shots last weekend in both regional games. The Sioux punched a return ticket with Andrew Kozek's OT goal against the Badgers.

Liked the props they gave to the D.

In regards to the above post, which quotes from NHL.com. it says three straight years of an exit sign being put on our season by BC. that is incorrect. 2 straight seasons by BC. in 04-05 we beat BC to advance to the final game and lost to Denver in that game....

NDH (and all travelers)

The fingers were already crossed, but of course you have my best wishes for safe travels, a safe return, and a jubilant time in Denver. Keep 'er between the ditches, and shiny side up.

I'll be lookin' for ya on ESPN. ;-)

Drive safe everyone, and bring home some huge smiles!

GO SIOUX!!!

Didn't see this posted, my apologies if it has.

Todays practice photo gallery

Also, article and press conference video

thanks for the links. i didnt think to look for the video because you usually have to pay. nice that they changed that for the F4. i like the way jerry york talks about und all the time. has nothing but respect.

also, im not sure if im the only person who noticed this, but our guys seemed a lot more relaxed than they did last year. thats probably good...they were too hardcore about last year. i remember watching BC last year and thinking that they were not focused enough(their guys were really relaxed and in good humor). i think that the team learned a lot about the last few performances.