SiouxSports.com Forum

Good Luck Coyotes

The Walrus

Well if I am not mistaken wasn't UND #1 when USD beat them originally. Delta was also #1 and undefeated before last night. I guess USD now needs to take care of Northern Kentucky and bring the NCC one last title before it goes under. UNK has 8 losses on the year so one would figure USD has a good shot on Saturday. I still can't believe that the Lady Yotes have been able to put it together this well so far this year. One game away from a fairytale ending. One more and we can talk of a true rivalry between USD and UND in Women's basketball. It would be good for both programs to have each other during transition. Both will have each other now as measuring sticks.

Well if I am not mistaken wasn't UND #1 when USD beat them originally. Delta was also #1 and undefeated before last night. I guess USD now needs to take care of Northern Kentucky and bring the NCC one last title before it goes under. UNK has 8 losses on the year so one would figure USD has a good shot on Saturday. I still can't believe that the Lady Yotes have been able to put it together this well so far this year. One game away from a fairytale ending. One more and we can talk of a true rivalry between USD and UND in Women's basketball. It would be good for both programs to have each other during transition. Both will have each other now as measuring sticks.

Chad Lavin and the girls deserve this for their hard work, I hope they bring home the title......

The rivalary, I believe will be a good one Gene is going to have his hands full with Chad's replacement in Ryun Williams.. :D

Chad Lavin and the girls deserve this for their hard work, I hope they bring home the title......

The rivalary, I believe will be a good one Gene is going to have his hands full with Chad's replacement in Ryun Williams.. :D

Ditto the good luck premise. A national title will mean each of the Big 4 in ND and SD have at least one national title. I think SDSU got one early in the millenium.

Women's DII Championships

SDSU won the title in 2003. Good call.

The loss to USD now don't seem near as bad do they, too many of you that were so down on the Sioux at the time.

Usd will not be the same next year without the twins and Robinette. Yes they will have some good players back but those girls are the heart and sole of that team without a doubt.

Good luck to the Lady Coyotes today! I think they have a National Championship very well in hand. For the young women on the team and for a first-rate classy coach, I wish them the best. I am also looking forward to next season as at least we get a chance to play a possibly defending D-II championship team. Twice I hope. Hopefully it will help with scheduling and we do have a nice rivalry going so it something close to home to look forward to. It is also sad to see the end of the NCC, what better way to go out for a historically successful conference!

I am also looking forward to next season as at least we get a chance to play a possibly defending D-II championship team. Twice I hope. Hopefully it will help with scheduling and we do have a nice rivalry going so it something close to home to look forward to.

The Sioux and Yotes will play twice next season. :lol:

Each of the Big 4 does have a national championship. The South Dakota Coyote men won a Division II national championship in 1958 with a resounding win in the national championship game.

I should clarify previous post. The South Dakota men won the national championship in basketball in 1958 when it was called College Division.

Congrats to USD on a great season. I feel for the players and Coach Lavin, but I think we know what it's like when our team shoots very poorly and the opponent gets 20 more chances at the charity stripe. USD did not play their game and looked frazzled at the end. The ones I don't feel so bad for are some of their awful fans and student news writers.

http://volantesports.wordpress.com/2008/03...-karma-for-you/

Seems like a very prophetic statement now. What goes around truly does come around!

Congrats to USD on a great season. I feel for the players and Coach Lavin, but I think we know what it's like when our team shoots very poorly and the opponent gets 20 more chances at the charity stripe. USD did not play their game and looked frazzled at the end. The ones I don't feel so bad for are some of their awful fans and student news writers.

http://volantesports.wordpress.com/2008/03...-karma-for-you/

Seems like a very prophetic statement now. What goes around truly does come around!

I don't think we should ever complain again. The whole comes around goes around thing, maybe UND would have won if we would have had one guard step up this year. Yeah I said it, we relied way too much inside and when it came down to guard play, we sucked. Langen is overrated. She isn't athletic at all and I have seen her try to injure people on more then one occasion. Kimbrough is great though and hopefully the guards step up next year. So stop being bitter at USD, we really are disrespectful here.

I don't think we should ever complain again. The whole comes around goes around thing, maybe UND would have won if we would have had one guard step up this year. Yeah I said it, we relied way too much inside and when it came down to guard play, we sucked. Langen is overrated. She isn't athletic at all and I have seen her try to injure people on more then one occasion. Kimbrough is great though and hopefully the guards step up next year. So stop being bitter at USD, we really are disrespectful here.

Langen is overrated and not athletic at all? Are you serious? She's only a four-time all-NCC player, the co-mvp of the league, the second all-time leading scorer and rebounder in UND history, and an all american. But I guess that doesn't mean anything, huh? And please cut the "we" talk. Clearly you are a USD fan, so why not just admit it? :lol:

We are disrespectful? I only see well wishes for USD on this post. The point was, I have never seen an article to my knowledge in the Dakota Student or other newspapers where we knock the other teams players. Plus the snide comments. Opinions on a message board are one thing. The Karma remark was based on maybe they shouldn't have been so busy critiquing our problems and taken care of their own, because in the end, the same thing got them. Playing a horrible game at the worst possible time, and getting beaten by an unranked team! I don't think anyone here congratulated NKY because anyone "not from USD" was cheering for them. I do wish USD would have won the whole thing if only for the fact they are a NCC team. I would like to see ANY team from our region, especially conference, do well.