SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Trippin' to Madison

MafiaMan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have stayed at this Sheraton in downtown Madison in the past for $45 on Priceline. It's walking/stumbling distance to the Kohl center, and right on a bike path that will take you all around the downtown/campus area (hopefully the snow will be melted by then). They are sold out Friday night, but have availability Sat and Sunday ($149/$169). There are a few other hotels downtown also that participate with Priceline. This one and this one also. Let me know if you need any help.

I have stayed at this Sheraton in downtown Madison in the past for $45 on Priceline. It's walking/stumbling distance to the Kohl center, and right on a bike path that will take you all around the downtown/campus area (hopefully the snow will be melted by then). They are sold out Friday night, but have availability Sat and Sunday ($149/$169). There are a few other hotels downtown also that participate with Priceline. This one and this one also. Let me know if you need any help.

How does price line work? Do we just pick a price and see if they ok it?

EDIT: I just said screw it and picked the Sheraton Hotel. It better be nice Bob, or we're coming to find you.

How does price line work? Do we just pick a price and see if they ok it?

EDIT: I just said screw it and picked the Sheraton Hotel. It better be nice Bob, or we're coming to find you.

If you are going to pay full rate, then I'd go with the Concourse. It's closer(Sheraton might be a mile or so) from the KC. I'll do some more research later after the kids go to bed.

How is the parking at the Kohl Center?

Absolutely horrible. It's right downtown and most people park in the ramps if they can find space. There's not enough room for everybody in the ramps though. You may have to pay a high rate to park on private property.

We will be going from Grand Forks and staying in the cities Friday. Where is everybody staying in Madison?

I just got a room at the Radisson in Downtown for $59 a night on priceline. It is Canyon drive. About 6 miles from the Kohl center

I just got a room at the Radisson in Downtown for $59 a night on priceline. It is Canyon drive. About 6 miles from the Kohl center

I think this is in the Madison west zone. If you add zones that also have 3* hotels, you risk getting something outside the downtown zone, as well as overbidding. This is a nice area, shopping nearby,

How much were tickets? I can't seem to find that info!

they were $65 for all three games. My brother bought them on uwbadgers.com, i think he said. I am pumped. I am going down on friday night. Can't wait. Hope we travel well. Let's be there and be loud and start the SK8 for 8 on the Road to Denver.

We have our tickets and hotel. Got into the Concourse (thanks a bunch Bob) for $124 a night with the AARP discount.

Wow, you're getting old :wink: Just thought I'd mention that I could prob. get a flight to madison too :D , just incase an extra ticket falls into your lap

Some hotel reviews:

Concourse

Hilton

Sheraton

If you want to use Priceline, but not sure how, I'd be happy to help you so that you stay in the area you want. The important thing is if your price is rejected, add a zone with a lower star level than what you are after, but maintain your current star level.

Example

First Bid Madison Downtown 3* $45

If rejected, rebid adding Madison South (only goes up to 2 1/2*), keep your 3* level, and up the bid to $50

If rejected, add Madison Southwest (only goes up to 2 1/2*),keep 3* level, and increase bid to $55.

If you still are rejected, your done unless you drop to a 2 1/2 star, but you have to start over with the DT zone, otherwise you could end up in the SW or S zone. I know it's confusing, and can be a pain in the ass, but it's kinda fun too, almost like gambling!

You can only use the same parameters once in a 24 hr period, so if you run out of bids, you have to come back the next day where you left off. If I know I have to have a hotel room a certain night, a lot of times I'll book a room online conventionaly, one that I can cancel later. Then I start bidding, and if I end up getting a room on PL, I just cancel my original reservation.