SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

Michigan/Clarkson shouldn't take SCSU lightly. If their PP is clicking, they are a tough team to beat. Also I like the way Kangas is playing. Goalies really make a difference in the NCAAs. If BC wins I only hope that Gerbe is kept off the scorecard.

If they do their season is over. I would love to see Red at a press conference after the Huskies have just bounced the Wolverines out of the playoffs.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tDon was on PA & Dubay a little while ago. Paraphrasing . . . they're the hunter instead of the hunted this year. And, I bet you didn't know this . . . they've had their struggles this year, due to early departures, losing a player at Xmas AND, of course . . . the World Juniors. They must be the only team ever to have had those problems throughout the year. We must be the only team to lose players to injury this year :D

tDon was on PA & Dubay a little while ago. Paraphrasing . . . they're the hunter instead of the hunted this year. And, I bet you didn't know this . . . they've had their struggles this year, due to early departures, losing a player at Xmas AND, of course . . . the World Juniors. They must be the only team ever to have had those problems throughout the year. We must be the only team to lose players to injury this year :D

He's not making excuses, just stating fact. The Gophers got a combined 13 points from Stoa and Okposo this year when they were expecting about 80 points between the two. Stoa played in less than two games and was a first line team captain. Most teams haven't had to deal with that this year and NO teams have had to deal with losing another first liner to an early departure mid-season.

He's not making excuses, just stating fact. The Gophers got a combined 13 points from Stoa and Okposo this year when they were expecting about 80 points between the two. Stoa played in less than two games and was a first line team captain. Most teams haven't had to deal with that this year and NO teams have had to deal with losing another first liner to an early departure mid-season.

Bad thing is only one of them is back for next year....

Okposo Wheeler Stoa....what could have been

I don't think tDon is making excuses as much as he is just stating the facts, although the World Juniors is a bunch of crap :D

If they do their season is over. I would love to see Red at a press conference after the Huskies have just bounced the Wolverines out of the playoffs.

I don't expect much from St. Cloud. The whole team had the jitters at the WCHA play-in game. From the very first shot on Weslosky, he was a basket case. If they were rattled at the Final Five, I doubt that they will be much better at the regional.

I don't expect much from St. Cloud. The whole team had the jitters at the WCHA play-in game. From the very first shot on Weslosky, he was a basket case. If they were rattled at the Final Five, I doubt that they will be much better at the regional.

Maybe they'll have gotten their jitters out but like you I don't have high expectations for them. I do think Motzko will take them much farther than Dahl ever did, so if not this year, soon they will get their first win.

Brock Trotter wasn't a first liner? :D Seems to me he was their point leader when he left and also a month after he left. Between Trotter leaving and Raukshani (sp) out with injury, Denver had just as rough a time.

Brock Trotter wasn't a first liner? :D Seems to me he was their point leader when he left and also a month after he left. Between Trotter leaving and Raukshani (sp) out with injury, Denver had just as rough a time.

Yeah I forgot about Trotter but wasn't Rakshani on the ice this past weekend? Not quite the same as Stoa. I'm just saying the Gophers have had their fair share of bad luck this season.

ESPN has their "expert" picks for the Frozen Four posted on their site:

ESPN Frozen Four Picks

So Joe Gladziszewski from INCH picks Miami over CC in the championship! Let's see...Miami is going to beat either BC or Minn, then Denver (his pick to win the Midwest regional) and then beat CC in the championship?! Wow, where can I sign up to get a job at INCH...sounds like they'll hire anyone! :D

EDIT: He also picked Clarkson to come out of the East regional. What is this guy smoking? Maybe this is why I've never gotten into reading the INCH website.

Yeah I forgot about Trotter but wasn't Rakshani on the ice this past weekend? Not quite the same as Stoa. I'm just saying the Gophers have had their fair share of bad luck this season.

and that would be ruegsegger, not rahkshanni

the wjt thing gets very old. get over it. wow. keep them locked up at home then donny boy if you are going to talk about it every friken year. team usa may be better anyways :D BC 3 UMtc 1............game over

So Joe Gladziszewski from INCH picks Miami over CC in the championship! Let's see...Miami is going to beat either BC or Minn, then Denver (his pick to win the Midwest regional) and then beat CC in the championship?! Wow, where can I sign up to get a job at INCH...sounds like they'll hire anyone! :D

EDIT: He also picked Clarkson to come out of the East regional. What is this guy smoking? Maybe this is why I've never gotten into reading the INCH website.

not much love for the sioux but that's not a bad thing. we'll fly under the radar.

the wjt thing gets very old. get over it. wow. keep them locked up at home then donny boy if you are going to talk about it every friken year. team usa may be better anyways :D BC 3 UMtc 1............game over

Can I mark that prediction down in the books? Just want to make sure I have it on record :D

since its the same ive had i think the last 4 days, sure

Haha didn't see it before now, I'll remember that. I think its going to be a pretty wild card game, both teams have been streaky, especially offensively. I'm predicting a game with 70+ shots on goal, overtime Gophers winning 3-2. After not winning a overtime game until the playoffs and then winning 3, overtime experience for us prevails and we pick up some steam going into AIR FORCE who wins 4-2 over cupcake Miami. Gophers then get revenge on Air Force for earlier this year and drill then 5-1 to advance to the F4. In the Sioux region, I've changed my mind. Denver takes it to Wisconsin 3-1, home ice won't be a huge help for them and Denver has been good. Sioux win 5-0, Princeton can't handle the top-tier of the WCHA. Here's where I change, I think the Sioux actually end up beating Denver, revenge is going to prevail in a close one, 1-0, JPL shutout.

Sioux vs. Gophers in the F4.

Haha didn't see it before now, I'll remember that. I think its going to be a pretty wild card game, both teams have been streaky, especially offensively. I'm predicting a game with 70+ shots on goal, overtime Gophers winning 3-2. After not winning a overtime game until the playoffs and then winning 3, overtime experience for us prevails and we pick up some steam going into AIR FORCE who wins 4-2 over cupcake Miami. Gophers then get revenge on Air Force for earlier this year and drill then 5-1 to advance to the F4. In the Sioux region, I've changed my mind. Denver takes it to Wisconsin 3-1, home ice won't be a huge help for them and Denver has been good. Sioux win 5-0, Princeton can't handle the top-tier of the WCHA. Here's where I change, I think the Sioux actually end up beating Denver, revenge is going to prevail in a close one, 1-0, JPL shutout.

Sioux vs. Gophers in the F4.

air force will not beat miami. miami has beaten up all year on teams like this-the redhawks struggles come against the top tier teams.