SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA FINAL 5 TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyones favorite WCHA ref, Don Adam, is reffing tonights game I guess. :)

I was starting to think that Shep and Anderson were the only 2 refs alive. Cripes. I have never seen a season where 2 refs reffed so many games.

I think most people would take Shep or Anderson over Adam though. :)

Anderson is the worst ref ever. He is horrible. At least Adam takes care of the after the whistle stuff (or at least in the games I have seen him in this year.) Thul is the way to go.

I was starting to think that Shep and Anderson were the only 2 refs alive. Cripes. I have never seen a season where 2 refs reffed so many games.

So the referees for the Final 5 were: Shepherd, Adam, Anderson, Adam, Anderson.

The 2 ref's in the league who I thought were most fair/consistent, Thul and Hunt, never even got a whiff of the tourney.

If the league thinks that they picked the best ref's, I'd like to see their criteria.

Denver played strong on the puck, very physical, and made it impossible to gain control into the zone. Nice win for them.

This was as even a Final Five as I've seen in a long time. Any team could have won this one, save for a bounce here or there. I'll be interested in seeing how well the WCHA does in the dance.

Go Sioux!

So the referees for the Final 5 were: Shepherd, Adam, Anderson, Adam, Anderson.

The 2 ref's in the league who I thought were most fair/consistent, Thul and Hunt, never even got a whiff of the tourney.

If the league thinks that they picked the best ref's, I'd like to see their criteria.

Very interesting to watch the reffing in this final five. Seems like a preview of next year with a lot more calls being made. Have we ever seen so many 5x3's? And I'm ok with that.

Thul is the best ref in the league and something is up when Shepherd has umtc FOUR straight games. (not saying it's a conspiracy).

Denver played strong on the puck, very physical, and made it impossible to gain control into the zone. Nice win for them.

This was as even a Final Five as I've seen in a long time. Any team could have won this one, save for a bounce here or there. I'll be interested in seeing how well the WCHA does in the dance.

Go Sioux!

buncha goons playing neutral zone trap. Screw-em. :glare:

BTW, during the CC/MN game, anyone know what made Vlassopoulos skate over after his goal and stare down a gopher fan sitting in the front row right off the face-off dots? Anyone sitting close enough to know what that was about? We were in 104, so that guy would have been sitting in 105 or 106, right on the glass off the dot.

BTW, during the CC/MN game, anyone know what made Vlassopoulos skate over after his goal and stare down a gopher fan sitting in the front row right off the face-off dots? Anyone sitting close enough to know what that was about? We were in 104, so that guy would have been sitting in 105 or 106, right on the glass off the dot.

Didn't notice it. I did notice someone's "I'm not hostile and abusive" t-shirt showing up on the big screen. Nice job there Dagies. It took you two years to do it, but it got done. Now only if you really could dance.

:wink:

Didn't notice it. I did notice someone's "I'm not hostile and abusive" t-shirt showing up on the big screen. Nice job there Dagies. It took you two years to do it, but it got done. Now only if you really could dance.

:wink:

Gasboy tries to get me to dance but I'm just getting too old.

Dave, there's a guy who wears a #18 Hoogsteen jersey who sits down low in the first couple rows of 104 each year. I'm in row 11. Or is that you?

You had to listen to the drunk D-bag Gopher fans in 104? I was in row 9 and 2 of them were in front of me and one guy in a red sweatshirt and Gopher jersey a couple rows back was annoying as he**. maybe in row behind you calling Anderson Shep ALL F'ing night...wasn't you was it? :silly:

You had to listen to the drunk D-bag Gopher fans in 104? I was in row 9 and 2 of them were in front of me and one guy in a red sweatshirt and Gopher jersey a couple rows back was annoying as he**. maybe in row behind you calling Anderson Shep ALL F'ing night...wasn't you was it? :D

That guy's there every year. He's in row 12, and about 5 seats to my right. He's a dork but the interesting thing was he was the worst of the gopher fans around us. In past years there have been worse (IMO) around us, but this year it was all pretty good. The guy who sat right behind us was really cool, and we had a blast with his 2 young kids on Saturday afternoon. I missed the Saturday night game this year for the first time ever but the guy behind us said he asked that guy to tone it down while his kids were there on Saturday. Red sweartshirt guy wasn't there in the afternoon so I don't know if he complied or not.