SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slap Shot-

I agree with you. THe officiating hasn't cost the Sioux any series...but it did cost UW and SCSU, though.

And, yes, my big problem with officiating is that the officials en masse suck. That isn't a reflection on the officials themselves as much as it is a reflection on who is running the show.

Despite the fact that officiating has been a disappointment year after year, I'm still the optimist.

After all, one would assume the playoffs are officiated by the best.... or maybe Greg's best friend...or best son... :)

Now you lost me as well. :D ASS-U-ME that the playoffs are officated by the best...

Other than to demonstrate that Gopher fans all wear halos, why are you posting here? After all, you are the same person that said on USCHO that "ND fans suck."

Wrong guy so don't put words in my mouth. There's plenty of UND fans that are cool and some that are not - same for UM, UW, etc., etc.

Goon - I'm not saying the officiating hasn't been poor but rather that it hasn't been poor in favor of any one particular team over another. I got the impression you were saying the refs were going to favor the Gophers against MSUM and as far as I can tell the final PP tally was pretty even.

Wrong guy so don't put words in my mouth. There's plenty of UND fans that are cool and some that are not - same for UM, UW, etc., etc.

Goon - I'm not saying the officiating hasn't been poor but rather that it hasn't been poor in favor of any one particular team over another. I got the impression you were saying the refs were going to favor the Gophers against MSUM and as far as I can tell the final PP tally was pretty even.

There is a person posting on USCHO under the same name. It is under the thread for WCHA Final Five Predictions. If you say it is not you, then my apologies. :) I was frankly surprised because you have always been reasonable on this board, but I understandably did not like someone making the blanket statement that "ND fans suck."

There is a person posting on USCHO under the same name. It is under the thread for WCHA Final Five Predictions. If you say it is not you, then my apologies. :) I was frankly surprised because you have always been reasonable on this board, but I understandably did not like someone making the blanket statement that "ND fans suck."

That's me but it was a joke. I poked fun at CC and DU fans for being boring, I poked fun at Gophers fans for our lack of arrogance coming into the FF, I poked fun at SCSU fans for apparently now taking on the role of the kings of arrogance and I poked fun at Brent and Dirty for their endless string of posts in the SCSU/UM thread. Think, "tongue in cheek". College hockey is my favorite sport yes, but life is too short to take it that seriously. If and when I should see Dirty or any other Sioux fan at McGovern's before the game tonight I'll be more than happy to buy a drink or two (well, that depends on how many there are) :D

Ok, that is fair enough. After thinking about it last night, the officating was just poor last weekend on both side of the ice.

Slap Shot:

Goon was saying before the series that the refs were going to favor the Gophers against MSUM. There were a few others as well.

Said poster is not that hard to figure out...

Recall that she is extremely fond of her brother the hairdresser who get's all the inside information on her beloved Goofs. I was originally thinking metrosexual but no surprise about the revelation here. :)

UNH up 4-3 after two.

ND scored late and it looked like they would help the Sioux, but an EAG by Miami with two seconds left (point shot went through a pile of bodies, didn't touch anything, and went straight in) has sent the game to OT

CC looks pretty good. Only Kangass can save the Gophers at this point - they look gassed.

Princenon 3 - Colgate 0

Harvard 3 - Cornell 1

That's some other scores I guess.

CC looks good and we are still tied ,I'll take that as its looking good for us if we can get our feet, we've actually been winning 3rd periods lately. GO GOPHS!

Edit: Miami beats Notre Dame in OT