SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

Looks like the CCHA, ECAC and the AHA playoffs start this coming weekend. The WCHA, HE and CHA start the nest weekend. Lets post all non-sioux scores and news here. Im assuming these are best 2 of 3 series like the WCHA does. Looks like the top 4 in the CCHA and ECAC get first round byes.

http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/

CCHA Tournament

Ohio State at Northern Michigan 7:35 ET CCHA First Round Game 1

Lake Superior at Bowling Green 7:05 ET CCHA First Round Game 1

Western Michigan at Ferris State 7:35 ET CCHA First Round Game 1

ECAC Tournament

Dartmouth at Cornell 7:00 ET ECAC First Round Game 1

St. Lawrence at Colgate 7:00 ET ECAC First Round Game 1

Brown at Quinnipiac 7:00 ET ECAC First Round Game 1

Rensselaer at Yale 7:00 ET ECAC First Round Game 1

AHA Tournament

Holy Cross at RIT 7:05 ET AHA First Round Game 1

Canisius at Mercyhurst 7:05 ET AHA First Round Game 1

Bentley at Air Force 7:05 MT AHA First Round Game 1

American Int'l at Army 7:05 ET AHA First Round Game 1

Connecticut at Sacred Heart 7:05 ET AHA First Round Game 1

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, March 14, 2008

CCHA Tournament

Nebraska-Omaha at Michigan 7:35 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 1

Ferris State at Notre Dame 7:35 CT CCHA Quarterfinal Game 1

Bowling Green at Miami 7:35 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 1

Northern Michigan at Michigan State 7:05 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 1

CHA Tournament

Alabama-Huntsville vs. Wayne State 7:00 ET CHA Play-In (Lewiston, NY)

ECAC Tournament

Quinnipiac at Harvard 7:00 ET ECAC Quarterfinal Game 1

Colgate at Clarkson 7:00 ET ECAC Quarterfinal Game 1

Cornell at Union 7:00 ET ECAC Quarterfinal Game 1

Yale at Princeton 7:00 ET ECAC Quarterfinal Game 1

HEA Tournament

Northeastern at Vermont 7:00 ET Hockey East Quarterfinal Game 1

Providence at Boston College 7:00 ET Hockey East Quarterfinal Game 1

Massachusetts at New Hampshire 7:00 ET Hockey East Quarterfinal Game 1

Mass.-Lowell at Boston University 7:30 ET Hockey East Quarterfinal Game 1

AHA Tournament

Mercyhurst vs. Sacred Heart 7:00 ET AHA Play-In Game (Rochester, NY)

In the Cup Cake Hockey Association I will be supporting The Mavericks

Not because it is my local team, but because I want to see Michigan go down very badly

UNO wins in 3

im cheering for the miami to lose as may games as possible making it easier for the sioux to grab a 1 seed in the tourney :D

In the Cup Cake Hockey Association I will be supporting The Mavericks

Not because it is my local team, but because I want to see Michigan go down very badly

UNO wins in 3

Along with being a Mavericks fan this weekend, I am also going to be a Bowling Green Falcons fan big time. Not only do I want to see Miami loose big :D - it would also help UND in the pairwise. :D

Along with being a Mavericks fan this weekend, I am also going to be a Bowling Green Falcons fan big time. Not only do I want to see Miami loose big :D - it would also help UND in the pairwise. :D

however if the mavericks win they would become a TUC in the pairwise and we lose the miami comparison then.

i think my head is going to explode with all the pairwise implications :D:D

I don't know why people waste their time with the "simple math" of the PWR or KRACH and what have you. Just win.

Don't worry about other teams, or TUCS and your RPI, or whether you're the 3rd first seed or the 4th first seed. Just win.

Just win . . . period.

I don't know why people waste their time with the "simple math" of the PWR or KRACH and what have you. Just win.

Don't worry about other teams, or TUCS and your RPI, or whether you're the 3rd first seed or the 4th first seed. Just win.

Just win . . . period.

I like to know who to root for in games that the Sioux aren't playing.

Just win . . . period.

i agree but it does help to know what flips what and so forth for the last weekend when a 1 seed is on the line. it will make you go crazy trying to break it all down but for many teams that are on the bubble its very nice to know whats up around the country and its also nice to know who we want to win or lose so thanks to the people that know whats up regarding the pwr!! the sioux are in a great spot right now so keep the W's coming and all will be good :p

i agree but it does help to know what flips what and so forth for the last weekend when a 1 seed is on the line. it will make you go crazy trying to break it all down but for many teams that are on the bubble its very nice to know whats up around the country and its also nice to know who we want to win or lose so thanks to the people that know whats up regarding the pwr!! the sioux are in a great spot right now so keep the W's coming and all will be good :D

I know, I casually check out the PWR and projected bracketology too . . . but I can't stand people who take that stuff too much to heart. The Sioux obviously aren't in a position where they need any help from other teams. It's like looking through the threads at USCHO; I hate the eleven page analysis of who fans of a certain team need to lose or tie so they flip this TUC or that and then they get themselves all worked up over what will happen. And then there are always people who still don't understand how one team losing can drop their ranking because they lost this TUC, but if this other team could just win we'd win the comparison with them and blah, blah, blah so it's another eleven pages of trying to explain what they've already explained. I wish those people would just calm down, it's not worth the stress. Just make sure your team wins, that's what really matters. Plus most of the people on USCHO are morons.

I know, I casually check out the PWR and projected bracketology too . . . but I can't stand people who take that stuff too much to heart. The Sioux obviously aren't in a position where they need any help from other teams. It's like looking through the threads at USCHO; I hate the eleven page analysis of who fans of a certain team need to lose or tie so they flip this TUC or that and then they get themselves all worked up over what will happen. And then there are always people who still don't understand how one team losing can drop their ranking because they lost this TUC, but if this other team could just win we'd win the comparison with them and blah, blah, blah so it's another eleven pages of trying to explain what they've already explained. I wish those people would just calm down, it's not worth the stress. Just make sure your team wins, that's what really matters. Plus most of the people on USCHO are morons.

that site does blow!

the teams we want to keep an eye on are the other 3 top seeds and miami. i say mich state goes on a run and wins their tourney over mich or miami

Just win . . . period.

Gives me something to do during the week while waiting for the Sioux to play on the weekend. :p

I found this to be interesting:

"Eleven players were nominated for the CCHA 2007-08 Scholar-Athlete of the Year.

Candidates much have a 3.25 grade point average through the fall term of the year in which they were nominated. Faculty representatives from each school do the nominating, and there

should be a great weekend of playoffs........go dogz, go purple cows!!

WCHA Tournament

Minnesota at Minnesota State 7:35 CT WCHA First Round Game 1

Wisconsin at St. Cloud State 7:05 CT WCHA First Round Game 1

Minnesota-Duluth at Denver 7:35 MT WCHA First Round Game 1

Alaska-Anchorage at Colorado College 7:35 MT WCHA First Round Game 1

other games of interest of top teams. michigan-miami-unh

CCHA Tournament

Nebraska-Omaha at Michigan 7:35 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 1

Ferris State at Notre Dame 7:35 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 1

Bowling Green at Miami 7:35 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 1

Northern Michigan at Michigan State 7:35 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 1

HEA Tournament