SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean to tell me you dont think the game tonight was called evenly? I thought it was very fair, both ways, all 3 games. Very well officiated series, I felt like we got screwed a few times, felt like we got lucky a few times.

From what I say no, because Shepherd didn't want to give the Mavericks a PP that would have given the Mavericks a chance to win the game. The league was crapping its pants in fear that Minnesota wasn't going to be in the final five this season.

After this weekends game Sheppard should be fired he is a Horse S!** official. It is lucky that someon didn't get killed out there tonight.

From what I say no, because Sheppard didn't want to give the Mavericks a PP that would have given the Mavericks a chance to win the game. The league was crapping its pants in fear that Minnesota wasn't going to be in the final five this season.

After this weekends game Sheppard should be fired he is a Horse S!** official. It is lucky that someon didn't get killed out there tonight.

Haha I love actually getting to laugh out loud from reading someone's post...

Legit goal that shouldn't have even been reviewed and of course Goon complains about it, Gophers only win because of the refs? HAHA!!

Haha I love actually getting to laugh out loud from reading someone's post...

Legit goal that shouldn't have even been reviewed and of course Goon complains about it, Gophers only win because of the refs? HAHA!!

No that's not what I said, I

From what I say no, because Sheppard didn't want to give the Mavericks a PP that would have given the Mavericks a chance to win the game. The league was crapping its pants in fear that Minnesota wasn't going to be in the final five this season. After this weekends game Sheppard should be fired he is a Horse S!** official. It is lucky that someon didn't get killed out there tonight.

I said nothing about the goal, I said that the reffing was poor in this game and Shepherd purposely let it go when he shouldn't have. Even the two television announcers said he is going to have to call penalties. Sheppard reviewed the goal to cover his ass. I still think the refs in this league have done the fans a horrible disservice and need to be fired all of them except Thul.

I said nothing about the goal, I said that the reffing was poor in this game and Sheppard purposely let it go when he shouldn't have. Even the two television announcers said he is going to have to call penalties. Sheppard reviewed the goal to cover his ass. I still think the refs in this league have done the fans a horrible disservice and need to be fired all of them except Thul.

The reffing may have been poor, loose is probably a better term. But in no way was it terribly lopsided towards the Gophers. Overall a very fair series where the best team won, that's just how it is, no excuses.

The reffing may have been poor, loose is probably a better term. But in no way was it terribly lopsided towards the Gophers. Overall a very fair series where the best team won, that's just how it is, no excuses.

Yeah ok :(

Pretty hard to say the "best" team won a series of 3 games when all 3 games went to overtime. I would say that it was 2 very evenly matched teams.

I said nothing about the goal, I said that the reffing was poor in this game and Shepherd purposely let it go when he shouldn't have. Even the two television announcers said he is going to have to call penalties. Sheppard reviewed the goal to cover his ass. I still think the refs in this league have done the fans a horrible disservice and need to be fired all of them except Thul.

I agree 100% Mcloud will clean house at the end of the year. If not we may just as well get Dean for comish (the real one blazer) not the one that follows after Goon all the time.

I agree 100% Mcloud will clean house at the end of the year. If not we may just as well get Dean for comish (the real one blazer) not the one that follows after Goon all the time.

Dean Blais would be a great league commish. I think an NHL guy should supervise the officials.

Don't mind Goof, er I mean Goon. He's a conspiracy theorist that wouldn't give the Gophers credit even if it was warranted.

There were non-calls both ways, and that was clearly intentional. Let 'em decide it on the ice. In double OT in the playoffs it will be law of the jungle out there. I like a tightly called game on the obstruction, but not in double OT of the playoffs. Wooger kept commenting that Zacharias was goig down right away. It was a matter of time befor the Gophers won it. I've been saying for a long time that the Gophers are not a bad team. They took us to OT twice and beat us once on our rink and won 4 for sure and possibly 5 periods in that series up in GF. Lucia is an excellent hockey coach and MN players can always skate. Minny just didn't have the horses in the stable this year to contend for the league title. In a one and done, they can beat anyone and anyone can beat them, same can be said for almost every team still in the playoff picture.

I only watched bits and pieces of the goofs/purple cows this weekend and from what I saw the reffing was horrible. (It was also horrible in GF on Sunday, but that rant is for another thread.) I'm not saying that the reffing was lopsided towards the goofers (didn't see enough of the games to say that), just that it was horrible reffing. Everytime I turned it on there were numerous and sometime dangerous penalties being commited. When you have two homer announcers saying that this should be a penalty and that should be a penalty - going both ways - you know that something is definately wrong with the officiating. Those games had the makings of a big fight and had it not been the playoffs, it would have been a huge brawl. The Shepherds (both daddy Shepherd and little Shepherd) were incredibly lucky no one got hurt. It was totaly out of control.

Unfortunately I don't think McLeod will do any house cleaning at the end of the season. The WCHA front office is run way too much like "the good ol boys club" for him to do anything. I don't think he feels his job is in jepordy and as such has no incentive to do anything about anything. It doesn't seem that he is accountable to anyone or reports to anyone (maybe someone on here can enlighten me on that) so he really sees no need to do anything - let's not forget that daddy Shepherd is a "close personal friend".

The thing I honestly don't understand is why the coaches aren't absolutely throwing fits about the state of officiating. Because McLeod seems to not be responsible to anyone, are they afraid of retaliation if they speak up? Not only are the players in this league being prevented from playing to their full potential, they are being put in danger. Does it take another Robbie Bina incident for them to get up in arms about this. They need to start standing up for their players.

current Bracketology (per me)

Madison:

Michigan vs Niagara

Michigan State vs St Cloud

Albany:

Miami vs Harvard/Princeton/Colgate/Cornell (flipped with Air Force for attendance)

Clarkson vs Denver

Worcester:

New Hampshire vs Mankato (flipped with Air Force to avoid first round intraconference match-up)

MN vs BC

Colorado Springs:

CC vs Air Force

UND vs Notre Dame

Tough bracket for the Sioux going out to CC at home, out of the frying pan into the fire. We need to keep winning and get our own #1 seed to avoid CC!!!

If you listen carefully, and look closely.....The black helicopters are always there...... :(

Amazing...absolutley amazing.

The most incredible part is being able to move the pipes with the new remote system. To perfectly place them...just incredible what they will do to keep the gophers in it.

There were non-calls both ways, and that was clearly intentional. Let 'em decide it on the ice. In double OT in the playoffs it will be law of the jungle out there. I like a tightly called game on the obstruction, but not in double OT of the playoffs. Wooger kept commenting that Zacharias was goig down right away. It was a matter of time befor the Gophers won it. I've been saying for a long time that the Gophers are not a bad team. They took us to OT twice and beat us once on our rink and won 4 for sure and possibly 5 periods in that series up in GF. Lucia is an excellent hockey coach and MN players can always skate. Minny just didn't have the horses in the stable this year to contend for the league title. In a one and done, they can beat anyone and anyone can beat them, same can be said for almost every team still in the playoff picture.

I only saw a portion of overtime 1, but during that time, saw several out right tackles in front of the net (interference), total wrap-ups (holds along the boards and in the corners), and at least one vicious hit from behind. I can't agree with the no calls let the players decide it scenario when it gets this bad. On the other hand, the no calls were much the same during the first three periods of each game, so it wasn't much of a change, other than the players taking more and more liberties as the games went on, since it was allowed. A horrible game to watch and has to be a terrible way for the players to have to play the game.

Also odd that there is supposedly a rule that when a series goes three games, the referee is changed, yet in this game the change was not made. Since Thul wasn't given game 3 in the REA, he should have been sent over to replace Shep, to clean up that mess and avoid a possible broken neck.

Mankato had pley of chances to put that game away last night and did not do it. The goofs got a chance and won it. The reffing was piss poor but esspecially in game one. I think the better team lost last night. I think Mankato deserved to win. They may have been higher rank but definitly fighting against history in the series. UMTC got a lucky bounce and that is all that is needed this time of year. Anyone can win any game from here on out.

Good job Mavericks, I think they earned a ton of respect this weekend.

There were non-calls both ways, and that was clearly intentional. Let 'em decide it on the ice.

No. No. No. No. No.

Not clear enough?

(bleep) NO.

"Let them play" or "Let them decide it on the ice" only allows the team more willing to break the rules a greater advantage.

Hockey is a game of speed and skill.

Hockey games should not be won by the team better able to cheat.

We were deep into "color coded calls" last night (MTU was "Code White" and UND was "Code Yellow") and it was a travesty.

I want to see skating and skill.

If I want to see blocking and tackling I'll go to Alerus Center.

If you listen carefully, and look closely.....The black helicopters are always there...... :(

Amazing...absolutley amazing.

I only laughed at how much the league did to "shepherd" Minnesota through a trek to Mankato:

- one in the press box/video booth

- one with orange arm bands

- one as a linesman

Amazing indeed.

With DU and CC going to St. Paul, and Easter weekend, the WCHA would have had a lot of empty seats (lost a lot of money) with no Minnesota at the Final Five (this should serve as warning/notice to SCSU Thursday). They had to still be stingin' from Todd Anderson's call (Saturday SCSU at UND) that switched the SCSU/UW series from 15000 seat Kohl Center to 5000 seat NHC.

No. No. No. No. No.

Not clear enough?

(bleep) NO.

"Let them play" or "Let them decide it on the ice" only allows the team more willing to break the rules a greater advantage.

Hockey is a game of speed and skill.

Hockey games should not be won by the team better able to cheat.

We were deep into "color coded calls" last night (MTU was "Code White" and UND was "Code Yellow") and it was a travesty.

I want to see skating and skill.

If I want to see blocking and tackling I'll go to Alerus Center.

That is well said. Actually if you were an offensive player in football and you did some of the stuff that has taken place on the ice you would be flagged 10 yards for holding.

I only laughed at how much the league did to "shepherd" Minnesota through a trek to Mankato:

- one in the press box/video booth

- one with orange arm bands

- one as a linesman

Amazing indeed.

With DU and CC going to St. Paul, and Easter weekend, the WCHA would have had a lot of empty seats (lost a lot of money) with no Minnesota at the Final Five (this should serve as warning/notice to SCSU Thursday). They had to still be stingin' from Todd Anderson's call (Saturday SCSU at UND) that switched the SCSU/UW series from 15000 seat Kohl Center to 5000 seat NHC.

What I am sick and tired of is the league catering to tDon Lucia and the Golden Gophers. I would have went to vegas and bet the farm that UMN would have Greg Shepherd as the official for this series. Its a joke.

If I was coach Jutting right now I wouldn't have slept a wink last night. That wasn't hockey. That was a travesty. I just hope I didn't spend another 150.00 to witness this crap next weekend.

What I am sick and tired of is the league catering to tDon Lucia and the Golden Gophers. I would have went to vegas and bet the farm that UMN would have Greg Shepherd as the official for this series. Its a joke.

If I was coach Jutting right now I wouldn't have slept a wink last night. That wasn't hockey. That was a travesty. I just hope I didn't spend another 150.00 to witness this crap next weekend.

If it was so unfair why would Jutting allow the cheater to stay?

Change Gophers and Lucia for Sioux and Hak and you will realize how pathetic your argument is.

Think about it before you go off, think about the logstics of it. Think about the other 9 teams and think about maybe the officials make mistakes in all games and your judgement is a bit clouded in green. Sorry Goon, you have to be real about what you are trying to create. The reality of this is we all agree the refs make poor calls. The NCAA thinks Shep is a decent official, he is always at the Regionals/Frozen Four...I suppose the NCAA is in on it too? :(