SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild Game Seven Tonight

Sue Fan?

Well it said that it was going to be on ESPN lastnight and then it turned out to be on Fox Sports Net, and tonight the T Wolves are on that channel and it appears other broadcasting are on ESPN during the Wild game.

ESPN's coverage is national so if you're in the regions that gets FoxSports Net or Fox 9 or whomever carries the game locally, you won't get it on ESPN even if they carry it.

So, hopefully those outside our local market will still get it on ESPN or ESPN2. I would think all 3 game 7's would be great for TV. Especially Vancouver and St Louis -- I sure would have loved to see the Wild play Vancouver (hopefully they still will!!)

I just got off the phone with midcontinent and the lady told me that the only reason the game was on FSN last night was because ESPN had some kind of problem where they couldn't get the game on, so FSN picked it up at the last minute. Barring another problem this evening, the game will be on ESPN at 9:00 CST.

"We're disappointed we didn't win," Sakic said. "But it's over and done with." Here's hoping he eats his words tonight.

"We're disappointed we didn't win," Sakic said. "But it's over and done with." Here's hoping he eats his words tonight.

I hardly think he was saying that in any kind of condecending manner. More than likely he was pointing out how disappointed they (the Avs) were not to win, but they are trying to put the loss behind them in order to focus on tonight's game.

Here's hoping it's a damn good game. Unfortunately, only one of the teams can win; I like the Wild a lot, but Go Avs! ;)

Dont fret... It will be on...Just remember it was unexpected that the Wild were going to make it this far, so as far as the Wild are concerend if they lose tonight big deal!!! So the pressure all lies on the Avs and it depends how the Avs respond to that pressure. If they rise to it the Wild are in trouble, but if they get at all nervous and the Wild put a quick one or two on the board the Avs will be in for a long summer.

Go Wild....I want a Devils / Wild Final....but then I would have to roll over on the Wild and go for my #1 team.

Go Devils

Go Wild

Choke Avs!! ;)

Ya because hardly any of the Avs fans or sports writers or players have been know to be condecending.

By the way, what is Roy's problem with the national anthem?

I've lost a great deal of respect that I used to have for Roy as a hockey player, since I notice he doesn't take his helmet off for the national anthem. I understand he's French Canadian, so it's not necessarily "his" national anthem, but the last time I checked he plays for a team that is in Colorado, and his salary is from American citizens paying for tickets, programs, concessions, etc.

If it's that much of a problem to show some respect, then tell the f***er to go play hockey in Canada and never come back.

BTW, I've never rooted as much for one team to lose as I am for Colorado to lose to ANYONE (but especially the Wild).

I've lost a great deal of respect that I used to have for Roy as a hockey player, since I notice he doesn't take his helmet off for the national anthem.

Pretty misguided and headed off the deep end here pallie. Did someone tell you he's the only one who does this and you jumped at it as gospel? Keep watching for goalies with their masks on during anthems...lots of them do it...Americans, Canadians, what have you. Goalies are freaks of nature, superstitous bastards, head-cases, have their own rhythm, whatever you want to call it.

Roy keeps his on for our anthem and for 'Oh, Canada' too.

Well Roy is an idiot and I hope he is sitting shot gun for there bus crash tonight, maybe he will even be sitting with Forsberg.

Why so bitter? If Vanek left his helmet on for the anthem, Gopher fans would think it is the coolest thing ever! Some would anyway.

BTW, you want to talk about weird, how about John Pohl standing on the blueline after the anthem, staring into the rafters and talking to himself for a good 30-45 seconds while the rest of the team skated around him? That was one of the strangest hockey rituals I ever witnessed.

Pretty misguided and headed off the deep end here pallie. Did someone tell you he's the only one who does this and you jumped at it as gospel? Keep watching for goalies with their masks on during anthems...lots of them do it...Americans, Canadians, what have you. Goalies are freaks of nature, superstitous bastards, head-cases, have their own rhythm, whatever you want to call it.

Roy keeps his on for our anthem and for 'Oh, Canada' too.

Headed off the deep end? How?

Any player that doesn't have the courtesy to take his helmet off during the playing of ANY national anthem loses my respect. Same goes for idiots at games that don't take their hats off.

Regardless of reason, any player that doesn't respect the national anthem by taking their helmet off, loses a little respect in my mind.

I hardly see that as going off the deep end - going off the deep end is wishing the Colorado team bus off a cliff, as some have done in this forum. As much as I want the Wild to win, I don't want to see a team bus crash or anything as the reason why the won.

Speaking of which, isn't it just a matter of time before a chartered team plane crashes? Hate to sound morbid, but just with the four major professional sports and all the chartered flights that occur on a daily basis, don't the odds just have to catch up with them at sometime, and have an entire team obliterated in a plane crash. Again, not saying I want this to happen or think it'd be cool if it did (it's a tragedy when ANY plane crashes), but don't you think it's going to happen at some point?

Speaking of which, isn't it just a matter of time before a chartered team plane crashes? Hate to sound morbid, but just with the four major professional sports and all the chartered flights that occur on a daily basis, don't the odds just have to catch up with them at sometime, and have an entire team obliterated in a plane crash. Again, not saying I want this to happen or think it'd be cool if it did (it's a tragedy when ANY plane crashes), but don't you think it's going to happen at some point?

I've long feared the same thing

What would happen if a chartered team plane did crash? Let's just say in the next round of the playoffs, in between games and team charter does crash? What would happen?

It's just unfathomable to imagine the idea of a team just perishing and suddenly having NO talent at the pro level. Do you bring up your minor league AHL team to play an NHL game? I wouldn't think so, since it'd probably destroy most (if not all) of the talent on your AHL team (assuming they are not NHL ready).

I can't believe I read that someone thinks that Joe Sakic has a huge ego??? If you follow the Avs you would know that this is totally untrue. He carries a nickname of "Super Joe", yet when sportwriters approach him saying "Hi, Super Joe!" he respectfully asks them not to call him that. He's dead serious. He does not want to be set apart from the rest of the team. Sakic and the rest of the Avs have my respect as true professionals. They may be not be playing the way I'd like to see, but they are a class act.

Is Roy cocky and arrogant? you bet. He's a goalie. he needs to have a huge ego and total confidence. enough said. So what if he doesn't take his helmet off during the national anthem(s). He isn't showing disrespect, he's just in his zone...like all the other goalies who do the same thing.

The Wild are playing great, the Avs are a great team. This should be a great game. I'll be cheering whoever wins for the rest of their Stanley cup run.

All I know is that as I type this Toronto is getting Spanked in every sense of the word. 10 minutes left in the 3rd and the Score is 6-1 not pretty. Belfour must have taken some cough syrup like he did in game one of the 2001 Stanley Cup finals.\

And they are Singing ---NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY Goodbye with 10 minutes left, bad sign. Sucks because I really hate Philly just as much as I hate the AVS. The only team I hate more is the Rangers.

By the way, what is Roy's problem with the national anthem?

I've lost a great deal of respect that I used to have for Roy as a hockey player, since I notice he doesn't take his helmet off for the national anthem. If it's that much of a problem to show some respect, then tell the f***er to go play hockey in Canada and never come back.

In defense of St. Patrick I have noticed a lot of goalies in the NHL don't take off their masks during the national anthem. I am sure he doesn't mean any disrespect by it. Goalies are an enima, their strange, so I cut them some slack...

All I know is that as I type this Toronto is getting Spanked in every sense of the word. 10 minutes left in the 3rd and the Score is 6-1 not pretty. Belfour must have taken some cough syrup like he did in game one of the 2001 Stanley Cup finals.\

And they are Singing ---NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY Goodbye with 10 minutes left, bad sign. Sucks because I really hate Philly just as much as I hate the AVS. The only team I hate more is the Rangers.

One of my buddies is an avid Leafs fan from Toronto and I lived with me one semester when I was going to school at BSU. I believe the year was 1992 and this guy threw a chair into the wall in our appartment leaving a huge hole in the wall after the Kings beat the leafs during the Semi-finals. I suppose right now he is probably throwing a chair throught his wall as we speak...

;) Foote cross-checks Marshall from behind into the crossbar, no call. Granted the Wild are already on the PowerPlay, but who's team was blaming who of being cheap? :huh:

And then there was Forsberg's ignoring the puck and raping Gaborik... Not cool... Dirty Dirty Dirty. :D