SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild Game Seven Tonight

Sue Fan?

I think Forsbergs hit on Gaborik is a sign of just how frustrated he is right now. The Wild have done a pretty darn good job of keeping him in check. He easily could have and should have played the puck and made a play, but for some reason he decided to take a shot at Gaborik.

Goon--- Couldnt have said it better myself, except I dont golf. ;)

After today's golf I am not sure I can call what I do Golf either, I shot a Greztky (a 99) in the wind... Man is that course hard when the wind blows... But what a day...

Even as disappointed as I am for so many reasons (not the least of which is the outcome of this game), I have to give the Wild their due. I was upset at so many people thinking that the Avs should have had this series in the bag, because that is never true in the playoffs. While the Avs played VERY well in this series, the Wild played with them and got the breaks when they were really important (which is what so often means the difference between advancing in the playoffs and going home until August. The Avs just couldn't seem to get things by Fernandez...which happens.

For an Avs fan, it was an exciting second half of the season, and unfortunately, an all too exciting and disappointing playoff run. :huh: But...the Avs will be back next season, hopefully hungrier than this season. :D

The Roy not removing his helmet during the National Anthem has never bothered me, mainly because as several people have already posted, so many goalies do it. To lose respect for Roy alone for that reason seems a tad bit unnecessary...wouldn't you have to lose respect for so many others in the league as well?

And playing off of a previous post, Joe Sakic has always been a class act in hockey...one of the classiest in hockey for that matter. Always selfless and extremely respectful of all of his opponents and teammates alike (read never condescending).

At any rate, congratulations to the Wild.

Here's to hoping for a Wild/Ducks Western Conference Final. ;) Followed by a Wild Stanley Cup. ;)

If memory serves, this must have been the year to be an even number Western Conference seed:

#2 Dallas over #7 Edmonton

#4 Vancouver over #5 St. Louis

#6 Minnesota over #3 Colorado

#8 Anaheim over #1 Detroit

How .... odd (or would that be NOT odd).

OK, who had that combination in their pool? Be honest.

After today's golf I am not sure I can call what I do Golf either, I shot a Greztky (a 99) in the wind... Man is that course hard when the wind blows... But what a day...

Use a couple of foot wedges to break triple digits? :ohmy:

If memory serves, this must have been the year to be an even number Western Conference seed:

#2 Dallas over #7 Edmonton

#4 Vancouver over #5 St. Louis

#6 Minnesota over #3 Colorado

#8 Anaheim over #1 Detroit

How .... odd (or would that be NOT odd).

OK, who had that combination in their pool? Be honest.

My bad on that one folks. Dallas was the #1 seed in the Western so it's 1, 4, 6, and 7 remaining.

But I still recall the announcers talking about "the one seed being knocked off." Don't tell me I'm becoming "old" like PCM! :ohmy: