SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild in Grand Forks?

stickboy1956

My earlier comment was sustaining an NHL franchise during the SEASON, not camp. It wouldnt work as a regular season home for large amount of time. If my name was Siouxguy33 you wouldn't have said anything about previous posts. Enjoy camp and think what you will. Thanks for chiming in for the first time on the subject.

Take a midol and quit making assumtions. Go cry about on GPL.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My earlier comment was sustaining an NHL franchise during the SEASON, not camp. It wouldnt work as a regular season home for large amount of time. If my name was Siouxguy33 you wouldn't have said anything about previous posts. Enjoy camp and think what you will. Thanks for chiming in for the first time on the subject.
You respond with, "Read my posts before you pat yourself on the back <ahttp://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif' alt=':silly:'> The day they are there during the season, I will eat crow. Until then, read before you write." This is quite ironic because it is you that needs to read what was posted in this thread before responding as you did, since nobody was talking about any regular season Wild games being played in the Ralph. My intent was to politely point this out without confrontation. I suspect, Sunshine, that the vitriol of your response had more to do with me being a Sioux fan on a Sioux board than iit did with the content of my post. There is a fair bit of irony to be found here as well.

You respond with, "Read my posts before you pat yourself on the back <ahttp://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif' alt=':silly:'> The day they are there during the season, I will eat crow. Until then, read before you write." This is quite ironic because it is you that needs to read what was posted in this thread before responding as you did, since nobody was talking about any regular season Wild games being played in the Ralph. My intent was to politely point this out without confrontation. I suspect, Sunshine, that the vitriol of your response had more to do with me being a Sioux fan on a Sioux board than iit did with the content of my post. There is a fair bit of irony to be found here as well.

Ok, Sunshine. It has to do with being called out based on a post months ago that said something other than what your smart a** response was referring. Thanks for bringing it up again.

Ok, Sunshine. It has to do with being called out based on a post months ago that said something other than what your smart a** response was referring. Thanks for bringing it up again.
Look, skippy, don't piss in my cheerios just because you can't follow a thread of posts. I've tried about every other way to say this - maybe I'm not being direct enough - try this: It's okay to be clueless, just don't be a jackass about it.

Look, skippy, don't piss in my cheerios just because you can't follow a thread of posts. I've tried about every other way to say this - maybe I'm not being direct enough - try this: It's okay to be clueless, just don't be a jackass about it.

:silly: I would use the yawn if I had it. Nice font by the way...skippy. My grandfather told me never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Done with you.

Nice font by the way...
Thank you, I like it too. What do you like best about it? I like that it almost looks like handwritten printing - and of course the Kelly green color.

My grandfather told me never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Why not? It's the only time the odds wouldn't be against you.

Okay, last time - either you were wrong about the thread being about a Wild regular season game at the Ralph or you were wrong about the Wild coming up to the Ralph to temporarily hold camp. Either way, you were wrong. It's painfully obvious that you don't like being wrong, but you shouldn't take it out on those that are correct in pointing it out. Buck up, be a man, admit the mistake and move on.

Done with you.
Right back at you chief. I need to remind myself that some people are simply beyond helping via the power of reason. Thank you for embodying that reminder.

XXXOOOXXX

:silly: I would use the yawn if I had it. Nice font by the way...skippy. My grandfather told me never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Done with you.

I also remember the ole saying he who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones :lol:

I know someone that works at the X and said that there will be no preseason games there due to the convention. She said the X will not be ready till mid of sept.

I hope that means there will be a bunch of them at the Ralph...

I hope that means there will be a bunch of them at the Ralph...

If that is indeed the case, then the Wild will lose a lot of money, because they didn't sell out one game, how could they support more, especially if there isn't a Drew Stafford to watch.

It looks like the Wild have had 6 or 7 preseason games each year. They play them between September 15th and 30th. Three to 5 of them have been home games plus the occasional game at a neutral site like the Ralph. I would think that they would try to play 1 or 2 at home this year at the end of the month and maybe play 1 or 2 at places like Grand Forks, Duluth or Mankato. It would cover the time needed to reconstruct the X and be good PR in the outstate area. That would be besides the week or so that they will probably need to practice at the Ralph before the games get started. But that is just my guess.

It looks like the Wild have had 6 or 7 preseason games each year. They play them between September 15th and 30th. Three to 5 of them have been home games plus the occasional game at a neutral site like the Ralph. I would think that they would try to play 1 or 2 at home this year at the end of the month and maybe play 1 or 2 at places like Grand Forks, Duluth or Mankato. It would cover the time needed to reconstruct the X and be good PR in the outstate area. That would be besides the week or so that they will probably need to practice at the Ralph before the games get started. But that is just my guess.

I went the exhibition game last fall and it was fun. It had been some time since I had been to a NHL game and it was fun.

I will go if they have one this fall...

• 4 weeks later...
It appears as though they will not be playing any exhibition games at the Ralph...

http://wild.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page...rticleid=368906

As Brad posted on his blog, the training camp won't last long. The Red Wings training camp usually only lasts four days, and I don't imagine the Wild's is much different. It's not like NFL training camp which goes on for a month.

It's official -

http://wild.nhl.com/

"For the first time in franchise history, the Wild will begin its preseason schedule away from the state of Minnesota, instead opening its show on the road Sept. 20 in one of the most impressive hockey facilities in the world ...

i wonder when they will announce the practice dates and times.

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of the Wild, has anyone on this site ever noticed where the visiting teams enter the X from the street before the game? I'm hoping to go down this year and want to get a few things signed by some of the visiting players. Thanks for any help.

Speaking of the Wild, has anyone on this site ever noticed where the visiting teams enter the X from the street before the game? I'm hoping to go down this year and want to get a few things signed by some of the visiting players. Thanks for any help.

You're talking about the side door right that goes to the club level seating?

Most, if not all, of the teams stay at The St. Paul Hotel. Just go there a couple of hours before game time. Hang out in the lobby. There will be plenty of time for autographs. Plus, there is a nice little bar conveniently located in the lobby. You will see every player, coach, broadcaster, equip. mgr, etc. Most are more than happy to sign autographs at this time.

Most, if not all, of the teams stay at The St. Paul Hotel. Just go there a couple of hours before game time. Hang out in the lobby. There will be plenty of time for autographs. Plus, there is a nice little bar conveniently located in the lobby. You will see every player, coach, broadcaster, equip. mgr, etc. Most are more than happy to sign autographs at this time.

Thanks for the great tip!

Might want to be a bit discreet, though, as hotel mgmt might object to having their guests harassed. I would go either alone or with one other person and quietly approach the players after they have checked out or while they are standing around doing nothing.

I have seen a lot of people waiting outside near the bus and hoping for an autograph before the players board. At least, this is where some of the rink bunnies hang out.

Best option is to check in as a guest and then hang out in the lobby and get a few auotgraphs as they file into the lobby. You have maybe a 1/2 hr to 45 minute window before they all leave the hotel and head to the Ex.