SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux women brawl with MSU

fightingsiouxfan57

You crack a "joke" like that in most American workplaces and you risk your job. It's called "workplace sexual harassment" and only the lawyers benefit from it.

Before I've said, "Would you say it to the person's face" is a good posting criteria.

I'm wondering if, "Just because you can say it, and could say it, should you" wouldn't be better.

I don't know what the big deal is....every woman goes through it and everyone knows it, so it's not like he was poking fun at a select group of people with a disability. It was a lighthearted joke.

without bringing this back up, this is the exact attitude that I deal with in schools that I am in for my classes. Male students who don't think it a big deal to make comments like this and don't realize that to females it is a big deal. Yes, every woman goes through it, but that is still a classless joke directed at a group of people. We teach our kids about respect for everyone, but I think sometimes that we forget that the same idea applies to us and respecting everyone. Sorry, I just had to give my two cents.

without bringing this back up, this is the exact attitude that I deal with in schools that I am in for my classes. Male students who don't think it a big deal to make comments like this and don't realize that to females it is a big deal. Yes, every woman goes through it, but that is still a classless joke directed at a group of people. We teach our kids about respect for everyone, but I think sometimes that we forget that the same idea applies to us and respecting everyone. Sorry, I just had to give my two cents.

Especially when you're being made of fun of when it IS your time of the month, cuz IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what the big deal is....every woman goes through it and everyone knows it, so it's not like he was poking fun at a select group of people with a disability. It was a lighthearted joke.

I thought it was rude and crude when it was initially written and then to see people defending this attitude really pissed me off. Say that to my face and you'll be lying on the floor checking out the ceiling and it won't have to be "my time of the month" for me to do it either. :D

I'm sorry for offending people. Some people, like myself, hang out with many girls who laugh about stuff like this and joke around about it and don't care if people mention it or poke a little fun at it. They don't get bent out of shape about it, they just accept it. In my opinion, life would suck if you can't laugh off things like this, because really, everyone knows that it happens, no one thinks is wrong that it happens....it just happens, get over it.

I'm sorry for offending people. Some people, like myself, hang out with many girls who laugh about stuff like this and joke around about it and don't care if people mention it or poke a little fun at it. They don't get bent out of shape about it, they just accept it. In my opinion, life would suck if you can't laugh off things like this, because really, everyone knows that it happens, no one thinks is wrong that it happens....it just happens, get over it.

I vote this post a top 10 post in the creativeness category when we hand out the jimmys (aka-jim dahl awards :whistling: ) no not a condom :D

You're right that did lack some class.

As the proud father of a daughter and husband to my wife I can see both sides of the story and can see how this might offend someone. Trust me words have consquences and I have POed the head female of the house hold by saying things that might be percieved as stupid/insensitive or something else. That doesn't make me hyper sensitive, or a bravo male, because I its not going to stop me killing Green Head Mallards or roosters in the fall. If you put it out there people might take it both ways.

Personally, I would blame the fight on players getting after it not on their gender. I have seen rough play from both genders.

A Train Wreck, A mushroom cloud and a cartoon without a face=this thread. LOL... :whistling:

i started off wanting to explain that it's not a cartoon without a face...it's jimmy and timmy from southpark.. timmy just got a crutch in the face...i wanna explain more behind the joke but it's more fun for those of us that know what diggler was really getting at...

i started off wanting to explain that it's not a cartoon without a face...it's jimmy and timmy from southpark.. timmy just got a crutch in the face...i wanna explain more behind the joke but it's more fun for those of us that know what diggler was really getting at...

I guess me not watching South Park probably is the reason that I don't get it. :D