SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hakstol post-game comments:

What a battle. I thought we started a little slow, in the first 7-10 minutes. We weren't sharp on the first PP, and after that, it was tough to get PP's. From there, I thought we worked ourselves into it and played a good 50 minutes. Pucks weren't going in, and we grounded it out.

Right now, it looks like Oshie has an extra gear or two. He's accelerating out of piles, and right now, no on can keep up with him. He's really setting the bar for the hockey team, and that's what a leader does. The goal is a special play, and it just comes back to him elevating his play, and that brings everyone else around him to a higher level. It hasn't been a few games, it's been since Christmas.

Couldn't be happier for Walski. Can't tell you how many times he's take a puck off the collarbone, off the knee, grits his teeth and gets back in. It's not rewarded with starts, so tonight is pretty special for him.

I don't think we gave up a whole lot tonight. I think we were playing solid defensively. There's always that risk and all it takes is that bounce of the puck, but we stayed sharp, and played the puck well in those areas. Finally, one went in. I didn't even see how it went in. Not sure if it went in cleanly or rattled around a little bit.

BSU has used the quick transition game all year long. They've got guys who can move. There's two sides of the coin. Sometimes, you can turn it around in your advantage, and we really didn't do that tonight.

This was a real important win for us...both of them this weekend. It completes our non-conference schedule, and we both know that comes into play in the national tournament. Not sure of the importance of these wins, but they were important to us.

hard fought win for the sioux, hell of a pass and work by tj as always and nice for kozek to finish that!

CONGRATS aaron for the first win and shutout as well1 nice work overall to scrap out another win.

lets go get the dogz.............

Does anyone know if Sweeney and co. are making the trip or are they just getting the feed?

They didn't really say that "we'll be broadcasting from Duluth next week." It was more like "enjoy the broadcast on FSSN next week." My guess is that we get the Charter broadcast over FSSN.

Wow 1-0 . Who got the goal and what time??? How did the sioux play??? Well???

kozek from oshie and lapoint, typical unbelievable oshie effort to create goal. got goal late 3rd. it was a boring game for the most part. sunday feel for sure. sioux played good enough to get the win, beavs played very hard but just a few goal chances.

Just got home from the Scouts Blue and Gold banquet. It was killing me to sit there wondering what was happening in the game. But the banquet was fun for the boys, except mine wanted to go to the game too.

NICE JOB WALSKI!!!!!!!!!

in Jean-Philippe AND Aaron we trust!

About the white swifts.

Last weekend I talked to a guy that was wearing one. He had purchased it a Scheels in GF.

What a great effort by Oshie on that goal! He never quits working when he is on the ice, 110% at all time. I think Hak said it best when he said he has another gear out there, and no one can keep up! Lets keep it going sioux, now onto the decc

Just got home from the Scouts Blue and Gold banquet. It was killing me to sit there wondering what was happening in the game. But the banquet was fun for the boys, except mine wanted to go to the game too.

NICE JOB WALSKI!!!!!!!!!

in Jean-Philippe AND Aaron we trust!

About the white swifts.

Last weekend I talked to a guy that was wearing one. He had purchased it a Scheels in GF.

Were the sioux wearing or do they have white swifts?? If so I want one