SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoff tickets...Any luck?

Brasco

Peope don't understand that this day and age Ralph and many other venues use ticketmaster at the Box office meaning waiting in line gets you no advantage. Do I think that is right, no.

A box office rep also told us yesterday we had a better chance online that at the box office

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the ticket problem will not be solved into they solve the overall picture. They need to go back to reserved seating lower bowl, and allow people to campout like in 2003, this solves all problems.

They wont do this because of the cost of security to watch the students in line and keep them from becoming unruly. The university also did not want students skipping classes just to wait in line a get tickets.

The online system works when its not crashed. Im sorry that some missed out on lower bowl because they waited in line but they only sold the student tickets online and they sold out very quickly so that should tell you that you should buy them online. Tickets probably sold out even before the first person in line got theirs printed.

There is no easy solution to this, as everyone is going to complain no matter what the system. Two years ago they had a lottery drawing and people complained about that. Everyone has equal chance and the new system ensures the most students get tickets as possible. So until everyone just sits back and looks at the big picture (cheap students tickets) and just enjoys being at the games for the cost and watching a great team, no one will be happy.

The university also did not want students skipping classes just to wait in line a get tickets.

That sounds like a pretty High school way of answering the problem. Sounds like something i had to listen to back then. The students have the right to skip classes if they so please. They know the consequences of their actions.

They wont do this because of the cost of security to watch the students in line and keep them from becoming unruly.

Security shouldn't be a problem, the two nights before were when the students were the most "unruly" if you could call it that. And with the price I'm getting tickets for, I'm sure the Ralph can charge a $10 fee per ticket for security and it would all be covered, and students would be happy.

Ticketmaster is simply an online lottery dependent on who can hit the refresh button fastest and type their stupid word the quickest.

Also, didn't are student body president campaign in line last year saying the ticket situation was the first thing on their agenda, glad I voted for him.............The ralph needs to talk to real students and real fans not a student body president

That sounds like a pretty High school way of answering the problem. Sounds like something i had to listen to back then. The students have the right to skip classes if they so please. They know the consequences of their actions.

Does UND officially take attendance now? 2 years ago, they couldn't technically, but teachers found ways around it.

Besides, if students choose to camp out, why not? UND most likely already has been paid by the student(self, parents, loans, etc.) by hockey season so it's not like UND is out any money.

I was just about to leave to go stand in line this morning. I looked at the release quick before i left. When I saw that they were selling online i knew standing in line would be stupid. Got mine in row K in lower level, My brother that waited in line behind 16 people at 10AM got upper, upper bowl.

Student tickets should not be sold online for the playoffs. Since most students are in town already. Its stupid. :D

I am a dinosaur student compared to most...I first attended UND in '97 and I have been a Sioux fan my whole life. It was obvious it would sell out and sell out quickly. Those who stood in line took a chance that the 2-3 window tellers would be faster then the internet. Oops

I am a dinosaur student compared to most...I first attended UND in '97 and I have been a Sioux fan my whole life. It was obvious it would sell out and sell out quickly. Those who stood in line took a chance that the 2-3 window tellers would be faster then the internet. Oops

I actually went to the Ralph to get tickets after the online ticket sales weren't working, saw the huge line at the Ralph and quickly returned to a place with online access and purchased tickets. It sucks for those who didn;t get tickets but in my opinion it is still a better system then having to stand in line for half a day or more for tickets.

I was just about to leave to go stand in line this morning. I looked at the release quick before i left. When I saw that they were selling online i knew standing in line would be stupid. Got mine in row K in lower level, My brother that waited in line behind 16 people at 10AM got upper, upper bowl.

Student tickets should not be sold online for the playoffs. Since most students are in town already. Its stupid. :D

I hope you're going to hook your brother up and let him sit with you, and sell his tickets. :D

This was the biggest joke I've seen.

There are probably 50-100 DIE-HARD student fans, I'd consider myself one. I was ready to purchase tickets online at noon, didn't work. I tried until 12:15, went to the Ralph, saw the line and figured out something was wrong. At that point the whole thing should have been scrapped and set up for next weekend. It should either be 100% online, or 100% wait at the Ralph. Due to time commitments, I was unable to wait at the Ralph forever to try and get tickets. After that point, I didn't have access to a computer so I couldn't order online. Now...myself, a person who hasn't missed a home game in a year and a half, who also takes his time and money to go watch his favorite sports team in as far away as Boston really leaves me disappointed and ticketless.

I'll never spend another penny at the Ralph if I don't have to. What a joke...

Does UND officially take attendance now? 2 years ago, they couldn't technically, but teachers found ways around it.

Besides, if students choose to camp out, why not? UND most likely already has been paid by the student(self, parents, loans, etc.) by hockey season so it's not like UND is out any money.

When I was at UND, instructors were not allowed to take attendance, but several of them would have a daily 10 point quiz which consisted of writing your name on a piece of paper and handing it in.

This was the biggest joke I've seen.

There are probably 50-100 DIE-HARD student fans, I'd consider myself one. I was ready to purchase tickets online at noon, didn't work. I tried until 12:15, went to the Ralph, saw the line and figured out something was wrong. At that point the whole thing should have been scrapped and set up for next weekend. It should either be 100% online, or 100% wait at the Ralph. Due to time commitments, I was unable to wait at the Ralph forever to try and get tickets. After that point, I didn't have access to a computer so I couldn't order online. Now...myself, a person who hasn't missed a home game in a year and a half, who also takes his time and money to go watch his favorite sports team in as far away as Boston really leaves me disappointed and ticketless.

I'll never spend another penny at the Ralph if I don't have to. What a joke...

Does anyone really know whose fault it was? UND's or Ticketmaster's? From the looks of it, I would say Ticketmaster.

Now...myself, a person who hasn't missed a home game in a year and a half, who also takes his time and money to go watch his favorite sports team in as far away as Boston really leaves me disappointed and ticketless.

Sorry to disappoint you, but whining on a message board won't get you anywhere. Especially this one. There's people on here and across the country that have travelled and will travel circles around you to see the Sioux. Myself, I've been to Mankato, Michigan Tech, Minnesota, Duluth, plus travelled back to Grand Forks to catch all the home games(minus Minnesota). And that's this year. I've travelled to Milwaukee in 1997 and 2006 for Frozen Four's. Columbus in 2005. St. Louis last year.

Bottom line, if you want tickets bad enough, there's always a way to get them. I've begged, pleaded, camped out, and negotiated my way to tickets. It won't do you any good to sit on here and sulk.

Besides, there's bigger prizes and road trips out there.

I will add some more random points to the conversation. While the customer service is improving at REA, it has room for improvement. Waiting 10-15 minutes to open the doors after tickets are supposed to be on sale isn't acceptable. Waiting another 15 min to announce why nothing was happening is also too long. I don't have a problem waiting if you are having system problems. However, a prompt announcement about what is going on is appreciated.

I can see why the REA wants tickets online because ticketmaster gets revenue then. I don't have a problem buying season tickets online because the students will line up throughout that weekend and online makes it more fair. For the playoffs, however, I don't see fans waiting more than some odd number of hours for tickets. Have it at REA with 4 packages per person and only allow each person online to get 1 package. That helps people who are out of town and maintains fairness. Sure ticketmaster loses revenue but so what.

I admit I misjudged the interest for tickets and didn't get the ones I wanted. I blame myself for that. I just think that where as the season tickets are all online, they should do something similar in the playoffs. Again, I misjudged the number of people who would pay ticketmaster fees for lower bowl tickets.

Does anyone really know whose fault it was? UND's or Ticketmaster's? From the looks of it, I would say Ticketmaster.

Sorry to disappoint you, but whining on a message board won't get you anywhere. Especially this one. There's people on here and across the country that have travelled and will travel circles around you to see the Sioux. Myself, I've been to Mankato, Michigan Tech, Minnesota, Duluth, plus travelled back to Grand Forks to catch all the home games(minus Minnesota). And that's this year. I've travelled to Milwaukee in 1997 and 2006 for Frozen Four's. Columbus in 2005. St. Louis last year.

Bottom line, if you want tickets bad enough, there's always a way to get them. I've begged, pleaded, camped out, and negotiated my way to tickets. It won't do you any good to sit on here and sulk.

Besides, there's bigger prizes and road trips out there.

Wow didn't know this thread became one to brag on. It doesn't matter where you have been the fact is people who deserved tickets didn't get tickets and in the words of Principal Vernon, the students need to crack some skulls.

The problem is it's always Ticketmaster's "fault" or the online provider's "fault". That's fine when it's an isolated incident, but this has happened numerous times. At some point it becomes UND's fault due to these numerous failures.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Does this mean that it's gonna be really hard to get tickets?

Last year, I bought Friday tickets on here on friday and sat tickets on here saturday and they were $10 each and $15 each, both lower bowl.

Was that because it was Mankato and people are thinking it might be MN this year?

Does this mean that it's gonna be really hard to get tickets?

Last year, I bought Friday tickets on here on friday and sat tickets on here saturday and they were $10 each and $15 each, both lower bowl.

Was that because it was Mankato and people are thinking it might be MN this year?

It's going to be harder to get them this year because the students will be in town that weekend. Usually it's over Spring Break and most students are gone.