SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoff tickets...Any luck?

Brasco

Does this mean that it's gonna be really hard to get tickets?

Last year, I bought Friday tickets on here on friday and sat tickets on here saturday and they were $10 each and $15 each, both lower bowl.

Was that because it was Mankato and people are thinking it might be MN this year?

Doubt it, I dont think anyone is counting on MN to come to town.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really know whose fault it was? UND's or Ticketmaster's? From the looks of it, I would say Ticketmaster.

Sorry to disappoint you, but whining on a message board won't get you anywhere. Especially this one. There's people on here and across the country that have travelled and will travel circles around you to see the Sioux. Myself, I've been to Mankato, Michigan Tech, Minnesota, Duluth, plus travelled back to Grand Forks to catch all the home games(minus Minnesota). And that's this year. I've travelled to Milwaukee in 1997 and 2006 for Frozen Four's. Columbus in 2005. St. Louis last year.

Bottom line, if you want tickets bad enough, there's always a way to get them. I've begged, pleaded, camped out, and negotiated my way to tickets. It won't do you any good to sit on here and sulk.

Besides, there's bigger prizes and road trips out there.

I don't think he was whining, just showing his frustration. That said, your bragging up your travels is no better than his supposed whining.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge sioux fan, but I decided that using logic/nursing my hangover, was the much better option (using internet rather than line). There was no special freshman, sophmore, junior, senior stuff in place for the tickets... so everyone knew that this is how stuff works with ticketmaster.. Sure i feel bad and would have also been very pissed but at the same time the smarter option was fairly obvious..

I don't think he was whining, just showing his frustration. That said, your bragging up your travels is no better than his supposed whining.

Agreed, I can't stand fans who think there better than others cause they've travel to more places. We all know the real measure of a fan is in height!

I wasn't trying to start an argument, but like what Bob said, I was just showing frustration. (Thanks Bob)

I'm not trying say I'm better than any other fan, but when many students put in as much time and effort as they do to being true fans, and they can't get tickets because of errors in the system, and then tons of other students get them just to sell them...it sucks. Period.

I wasn't trying to start an argument, but like what Bob said, I was just showing frustration. (Thanks Bob)

I'm not trying say I'm better than any other fan, but when many students put in as much time and effort as they do to being true fans, and they can't get tickets because of errors in the system, and then tons of other students get them just to sell them...it sucks. Period.

All tickets purchased at REA say

The resale or attempted resale of this ticket at a price higher than that appearing hereon is grounds for seizure and cancellation of this ticket without compensation unless authorized by the University of North Dakota and/or Ralph Engelstad Arena.

Wow didn't know this thread became one to brag on. It doesn't matter where you have been the fact is people who deserved tickets didn't get tickets and in the words of Principal Vernon, the students need to crack some skulls.

I didn't realize it was bragging. My apolgies. The point I was trying to make is that there are Sioux fans all over the country and the demand is very high for tickets in a lot of places. I'm just one fan, out of the many, who loves Fighting Sioux athletics.

As for the comment I bolded, I don't think there's one individual out there that "deserves" tickets. Students or general population altogether. A lot of people want tickets. But I don't deserve tickets. Joe Schmo doesn't deserve tickets.

My new message for ticket purchasing: Plan Ahead, Plan Accordingly, and, if needed, Get Lucky.

I didn't realize it was bragging. My apolgies. The point I was trying to make is that there are Sioux fans all over the country and the demand is very high for tickets in a lot of places. I'm just one fan, out of the many, who loves Fighting Sioux athletics.

As for the comment I bolded, I don't think there's one individual out there that "deserves" tickets. Students or general population altogether. A lot of people want tickets. But I don't deserve tickets. Joe Schmo doesn't deserve tickets.

My new message for ticket purchasing: Plan Ahead, Plan Accordingly, and, if needed, Get Lucky.

[x] Plan Ahead

[x] Plan Accordingly

[ ] Get lucky

:blush:

Got this email an hour ago from the Ralph...

We've clinched home ice!

The University of North Dakota men's hockey team has clinched home ice for the best-of-three WCHA first round playoffs! The games start Friday, March 14, and tickets are on sale now. Will you be there?

10,000 FREE pairs of Fighting Sioux Thundersticks will be given to fans Friday, March 14, to help cheer green to victory!

Get your adult ticket packages for the series for $40. Kid's seats are $20.

Buy yours today at the UND Box Office at Ralph Engelstad Arena, online at Ticketmaster.com or by phone at 701.772.5151.

</H1>