SiouxSports.com Forum

How Malone was treated by the linesman ?

Fetch

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like there was some rowdy goph fans after the game. A guy I know said he was walking from his seat after the game when it was emptying out and felt a smack on the back of his head. It came from none other than that flag fag from the U of M. He said a security guard saw the whole thing and just stood there. Talk about classy fans.

sounds like there was some rowdy goph fans after the game. A guy I know said he was walking from his seat after the game when it was emptying out and felt a smack on the back of his head. It came from none other than that flag fag from the U of M. He said a security guard saw the whole thing and just stood there. Talk about classy fans.

Not being there, but it sounds like an assult.

Not being there, but it sounds like an assult.

Then I suppose the little tap I got coming out of the Ralph this season was too. You need to have thick skin and let things like that go. You always come out looking better than the person being an ass when you ignore them.

On tv they thought it was pretty Funny

I didn't

1st he was grabbed by the face mask (Big No No for players in all sports)

Then he was shoved into the box - causing him to fall (with no Helmet) what if he had cracked his egg or got cut ;)

I can see grabbing a player & trying to cool them off or get them away from the scrum - But this was not the way to do it

Just more fuel for the fire about our Refs :angry:

This is a stupid thread, He was involved in a fight and you are worried about the little the ref did to him. He was barely pushed and fell into the box because he didn't step up high enough. The facemask thing was very minor as well, he was just trying to get him to back off.

He was barely pushed and fell into the box because he didn't step up high enough. The facemask thing was very minor as well, he was just trying to get him to back off.

I agree with the first and disagree with the second. If it's not ok for a player to grab the face mask it's not ok for an official.

The whole scrum at the end is the fault of bad officiating. If they would have properly called a five minute fighting on Peltier for throwing punches then the game would have settled down.

He would have never lost his face mask if not for the Ref grabbing it

If he had been fully protected ...No big deal - Like I said if he had got a head injury different story

No matter ...OVER Zealous !!!

i hate defending a ref, but nothing he did bothered me. I thought it was funny. He's trying to push away a player away who was resisting. An accident like that can happen. If the ref had intentionally tried to throw him in the box, that would be different. It's like a cop pushing a Sioux player into the back of a squad car and bumping their head on the door frame :angry:. (okay, that was a cheap comment, only made in good fun. I couldn't resist).

I still don't get your point. Did Malone post something here? Did that p^%$ Peltier not jump on Trupp, throw him onto the ice and punch him in the head?

Why does the "cant take the heat" comment from most Sioux fans not aply here? Peltier is not Boogard. Trupp puts them on like everyone else. Your team has alway taken on all commers (sp?) like most of you say "its hockey".

i hate defending a ref, but nothing he did bothered me. I thought it was funny. He's trying to push away a player away who was resisting. An accident like that can happen. If the ref had intentionally tried to throw him in the box, that would be different. It's like a cop pushing a Sioux player into the back of a squad car and bumping their head on the door frame :angry:. (okay, that was a cheap comment, only made in good fun. I couldn't resist).

I am sure that is not what the ref was trying to do. (I hate to defend them to)..

I don't agree with Peltier finding one of the smallest players on the ice though. If they want to pair up, then pair up and go. Malone was ready, so just go...

Peltier is not Boogard.

Never truer words typed: Boogard wouldn't go after a "Brian Gionta". :angry:

If Peltier had an "issue" he should have sought out "resolution" with another "problem solver". Malone was clearly available for a "remediation session". Boogard can explain that code.

I am sure that is not what the ref was trying to do. (I hate to defend them to)..

I don't agree with Peltier finding one of the smallest players on the ice though. If they want to pair up, then pair up and go. Malone was ready, so just go...

I watched the clip a couple of times, and can not figure out why 2 extra Sioux players had to come in to the scrum. I imagine Peltier would have gotten 5 (although we had one last year where our guy stood and acted like a punching bag, never even threw one and got a 5, so you never know). I guess their is strength in numbers....

I would agree with you if he skated across the ice from the bench and laid him out. When Barribal came into the zone and got nailed by Finley what's the diff? You cant have it both ways, you cant say its tough Sioux hockey vs cheap Gopher hockey. If you do, well then, you do. :angry: