SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Dave Hakstol

The Walrus

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems out of character for Hakstol. He gets his boys to play with an edge, but even with Eaves yapping at him he stayed pretty calm.

I'm sure he means it when he says he'd take it back if he could.

agree on both points

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2008/02/anoth...ts-hakstol.html

I don't recommend reading it or you may end up being a Gopher fan this weekend.

nah, hate both teams actually and that blog always sucks ass actually. i love the loud party citations. very serious stuff :angry: one serious charge in there and the rest a joke and most have been dropped. doogard is trying hard with that list.

Hey Hashomey

You changed your avatar back - just when I was using it to make a point. Please change it back. :angry:

I formally apologize for my "offensive" avatar. Sorry gopher fans, that finger must symbolize the number of wins umn has had in the past 2 seasons against the Sioux, and hit a sore spot. Apologies all around.

Sad thing is you could add up all the incidents he points out in his blog and triple them and they still don't add up to a sexual assault.

paukabitch the rapist, oh yeah...forgot about that

loud party citations :angry: keep stretching doooooooooogard ;)

and yes i agree with the whole "class" word. damn people use this way to much. gets very old. throw that word away

Loud parties at college. That never happens! :angry:

hes so pathetic he lists them as big time offenses and so forth. get a life

like i said, 1 srious charge on there and thats it, the rest are a joke and dooogy knows that. he just needs new material ;)

Huge low point in Hak's career this past weekend, don't know if it will soon be forgot by anyone. Looking back at the weekend for both teams, it really is a low point in college hockey. Swearing coaches, players, refs, and fans this weekend lacked any ****! Only highlight that I want to remember is Trupp's goal! :angry:

Huge low point in Hak's career this past weekend, don't know if it will soon be forgot by anyone. Looking back at the weekend for both teams, it really is a low point in college hockey. Swearing coaches, players, refs, and fans this weekend lacked any ****! Only highlight that I want to remember is Trupp's goal! :angry:

Every weekend must be a low point in hockey because I would bet that in almost every game at least one of the coaches are swearing at the ref at some point during the game. FSN had a camera and a microphone in between the benches. While good for TV, they probably should have censored(aka delayed) the tape so they could listen first. What do you expect Bickel to say after the game towards Finley and the rest of the Sioux?

"I Love You Guys, Why Can't We Be Friends?"

FSN, in hindsight, should have probably backed off their cameras or at least turned their mic's down.

Every weekend must be a low point in hockey because I would bet that in almost every game at least one of the coaches are swearing at the ref at some point during the game. FSN had a camera and a microphone in between the benches. While good for TV, they probably should have censored(aka delayed) the tape so they could listen first. What do you expect Bickel to say after the game towards Finley and the rest of the Sioux?

"I Love You Guys, Why Can't We Be Friends?"

FSN, in hindsight, should have probably backed off their cameras or at least turned their mic's down.

Obviously there is bad blood between the teams and with a family channel like FSN swearing should not have been aired along with the finger. And I expect Bickel to say:

"I love you man!"

And no not everyweekend features such events that occured this past weekend - and when they do I don't think any are proud of there actions! :angry:

Obviously there is bad blood between the teams and with a family channel like FSN swearing should not have been aired along with the finger. And I expect Bickel to say:

"I love you man!"

And no not every weekend features such events that occurred this past weekend - and when they do I don't think any are proud of there actions! :angry:

I think the FSN staff has an agenda this weekend, they were trying to portray UND in a negative light. Did you guys hear Kevin Gorg after the games complaining about Finley, why did he have to single out big Joe? Like the Goofs are angles and share no fault in this matter.

Bad move by Hak, but he is doing all he can in retrospect. AD should probably suspend him for one game vs DU. I am comfortable with Eades stepping in for the one game.

I am sure Dave really feels like a jack a$$. He should've shown more discipline. However, I agree that it is far better to be the bad boys than the candy a$$es.

This could be the rallying point of the whole season. We back our teammates, we are not afraid to throw down, and our coach is with us all the way. We can outskill you one minute, and beat you up the next. That's Sioux hockey. Even Wooger called it old time hockey, and seemed to respect the way the Sioux stand up for themselves and each other.

Woog's comments throughout the scrums tempered Mansucko's homerness and showed him to be the hockey expert he is.

What this incident by Dave does to me, however, is to think again about the Wisco incident. What actually was said might never be known.

I can not turn a blind eye to Hak's mistake, but I am also not going to condemn him for getting fired up and pi$$ed off. He has apologized. One game suspension (without pay perhaps?) and we move on.

I think the FSN staff has an agenda this weekend, they were trying to portray UND in a negative light. Did you guys hear Kevin Gorg after the games complaining about Finley, why did he have to single out big Joe? Like the Goofs are angles and share no fault in this matter.

Gorg is such an idiot. Even the question he asked Kangas on "if he could take Lammy" in a fight.....why would they ask something like that. I almost feel sorry for Kangas, what do you say to somethign like that!!!! I know what he said but still, I'm assuming he just pulled that response out of mid-air so he did not stare at the camera.

Bad move by Hak, but he is doing all he can in retrospect. AD should probably suspend him for one game vs DU. I am comfortable with Eades stepping in for the one game.

I am sure Dave really feels like a jack a$$. He should've shown more discipline. However, I agree that it is far better to be the bad boys than the candy a$$es.

This could be the rallying point of the whole season. We back our teammates, we are not afraid to throw down, and our coach is with us all the way. We can outskill you one minute, and beat you up the next. That's Sioux hockey. Even Wooger called it old time hockey, and seemed to respect the way the Sioux stand up for themselves and each other.

Woog's comments throughout the scrums tempered Mansucko's homerness and showed him to be the hockey expert he is.

What this incident by Dave does to me, however, is to think again about the Wisco incident. What actually was said might never be known.

I can not turn a blind eye to Hak's mistake, but I am also not going to condemn him for getting fired up and pi$$ed off. He has apologized. One game suspension (without pay perhaps?) and we move on.

Who?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." ;)

I am sure that in the past 24 hours Hak has had to bob and weave the equivilant of 1000 meteor showers ... everyone makes mistakes (Yes ... even you gopher fans - and some of us Sioux fans :angry:;) ) . .. . he apologized ... lets move on.

Sioux Yeah! Yeah!

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." ;)

I am sure that in the past 24 hours Hak has had to bob and weave the equivilant of 1000 meteor showers ... everyone makes mistakes (Yes ... even you gopher fans - and some of us Sioux fans :angry:;) ) . .. . he apologized ... lets move on.

Sioux Yeah! Yeah!

That is a top ten post right there.