SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick a fork in the gophers they are done. Heartless, skillless, gutless, but they will be back in a season or 2.

fork them is right, they played as hard as they could and mustered up 2 dam goals on a sioux team that disnt play that well. they will be back but who cares. thye have 1 player who likes to play physical and a bunch of wussies and a nice goalie

I suppose 3 points in their barn should be a satisfying weekend result, but it sure feels like the Sioux laid an egg. Another sluggish (at best) first period followed by kind of a tsunami wave. I really thought the Sioux would pull out a win, but Minnesota hung tough.

It'll be interesting to see what Adam does with penalties. :D I don't feel good about how that will result.

Ha, that's what makes these games so good. Ol Time Hockey!

Woog, always has to be quick to point out who started what. Thanks there Wooger, like the tattle-tale in 2nd grade.

because the nerd was always picked on in 2nd grade, why else would he point that crap out.

nice 3 points on the road at the ucci, now lets keep it rolling and win the WCHA

They did! But that's okay! That's old time hockey!!!

i would say that it was the refs who let this one get to where it was! you could say anderson started it with the cross check on oshie but like i said the refs let this one get away! they started out good but went down hill after the first

Hakstol's post-game comments:

Yeah, it was a battle right from the word "Go." Go down on a CFB, and that was the right call, so what do you do. It was a battle, and we got 3 out of 4 points on the road.

There wasn't a whole lot of smooth tonight, but you know what, it was hard fought. On a game on the Olympic sheet, the checking was hard. Both teams weren't going to give up a lot. Plays were taken away by penalties.

Phil made 3 or 4 saves and so did there guy. I don't know who you give the nod to, both were good. On a game where there's really no flow, it's amazing it was only a 1-1 game.

Oshie is certainly hurting a bit, but when you look at his effort, it's nothing short of where he's been the past month. He had a few chances to get us the two points, but didn't get it.

When the emotions are that high, it's a little like a powder keg. One push and shove and you have 40 guys on the ice. You don't need it at the end of the game, but it is what it is when it comes to that. I don't think anything will come out of that. We'll have to see.

I think 16 came right at Oshie with a cross check, and we're not going to sit back and take that.

3 out of 4 points is good when you're playing a team like that. I wanted us to show up tonight, and I think we did. It was good competition.