SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

PP has stunk for the most part. A couple of great scoring opportunities, but not much else. JPL is on top of it again tonight. Neither team has looked very good tonight.

With Mankato close to beating Denver again, this is a great chance for us to gain more of a solid foothold on second place before "hot shot" Mannino and the Pioneers come to town in two weeks.

GO SIOUX!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know PP systems so I'm sure something else is trying to be set up that I'm not aware of. But I don't understand why Bina and Chorney are so close to each other at the points on the PP. When they pass back and forth it doesn't force the defender to move very far, thus not opening up and space to get the puck to the net. Again, must be something else they are trying to do but it seems strange to me.

Everything I said in the first post on this thread is out the window. This game has turned into a 1 game season, winner takes all and MN seems like they are going to play it out. Hoeffel is a killer, he can go pro now, IMO. Take Kangas with you.

Frank and Doug seemed pretty down on the gophs at the end of the period but I didn't think the Sioux were dominating that much? Personally, I don't have a good feeling about this game at all.

Looked like Genoway and Fairchild were having a laugh chirping at each other.

I don't think Phil deserved his diving call THIS TIME, but he's dived so many times in the past I can't blame the ref for calling it. Chickens coming home....

With a short lineup I hope we can win in regulation. With Malone missing a ton of time and Duncan out we'll have some tired legs.

It seems like the Sioux are a half-foot away from domination, but they never can make up that half-foot. On the other hand, MN continues to put on pressure. Something will give soon.

Personally, I hope calmer heads prevail as I think that's the best chance the Sioux have.

I don't know PP systems so I'm sure something else is trying to be set up that I'm not aware of. But I don't understand why Bina and Chorney are so close to each other at the points on the PP. When they pass back and forth it doesn't force the defender to move very far, thus not opening up and space to get the puck to the net. Again, must be something else they are trying to do but it seems strange to me.

Everything I said in the first post on this thread is out the window. This game has turned into a 1 game season, winner takes all and MN seems like they are going to play it out. Hoeffel is a killer, he can go pro now, IMO. Take Kangas with you.

Frank and Doug seemed pretty down on the gophs at the end of the period but I didn't think the Sioux were dominating that much? Personally, I don't have a good feeling about this game at all.

Looked like Genoway and Fairchild were having a laugh chirping at each other.

I don't think Phil deserved his diving call THIS TIME, but he's dived so many times in the past I can't blame the ref for calling it. Chickens coming home....

With a short lineup I hope we can win in regulation. With Malone missing a ton of time and Duncan out we'll have some tired legs.

It seems like the Sioux are a half-foot away from domination, but they never can make up that half-foot. On the other hand, MN continues to put on pressure. Something will give soon.

Personally, I hope calmer heads prevail as I think that's the best chance the Sioux have.

Malone will be fresh... :(

Hey! Where did the radio go???

EDIT: All better... it's back

Mankato 3

Denver 1

Duluth 1

WI 1

CC 2

Clarkson 0

Mass 2

Maine 1

Michigan 3

NMU 2

Michigan St 5

UNO 2

The radio scores aren't very reliable. Someone else had said it was Mich 3 NMU 3, and USCHO has it as Mass 5 Maine 3