SiouxSports.com Forum

BEYOND THE POND with Puffy

Oxbow6

You are correct, Peltier can't hold a candle to Prpich for cheap play. I am not going to defend Peltier for beating on Trupp, I do question the "halo" UND appears to wear in that regard. You proved my exact point, if it was Prpich hitting someone like Barriball, its tough Sioux hockey, Peltier does it and its assault. :D I don't condone punching someone on there back whatever the sweater colors and think Peltiers smallish 2 minutes was a bad call. I also feel if it wasn't such a one sided attack, Malone should have recieved more attention from the officials for 3rd in. Adam had no control over the game and niether team liked the result.

I'm not sure that we disagree that much, but you miss at least one point. I'm not going to make excuses for Prpich and I do not condone cheap hockey under any circumstances. However, Peltier shouldn't get a free pass either. As much as I don't like 3rd men in like Malone, he did what most players would do in that situation when an opposing player is gooning up one of the smaller players. I have no problem with Zajac going after Anderson for what he at least perceived was an attempt to harm the best player, TJ Oshie. I also have no problem with Lucia going after Zajac. He should in that situation. I do have a problem with Finley going after Wheeler regardless of who started it. It was after the whistle, in the handshake line and unnecessary. He could have skated away. My overall point was that the actions of Peltier really started everything. However, IF Don Adam had called that correctly at that time, he could have controlled the game. By giving Peltier only two minutes and putting the Sioux down a man, Adam set the tone for the rest of the game, which was already intense. The rest was predictable. My point was that if Peltier wants to play that way and pick on smaller skill players, he should expect some pay back. As much as I hate goon hockey, I hate pussies even more. Pussies are guys who pick on the smaller, skilled players and start things after the whistle when the ref is standing between them to protect them. The classic example is Claude Lemieux who is only tough when someone's back is to him. I'm not saying that Peltier is ordinarily that type of player, but I would definitely keep an eye on him after what I saw Saturday.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prpich didn't go after the small guys he got in the face of the big boys like Geoff Punkabitch.

To be perfectly honest with you, I would take either Kaip or Radke, who both give up size, against the newly crowned "gopher tough guys" peltier or bikle. I don't think it is even a question of who would get the best of who in that situation. Anybody remember McMahon vs. vanelli? Maybe your twin cities cupcakes better stick to picking on the little guys and hiding behind their coach, that way they won't have to go through life with a nose that is slightly off-center.

To be perfectly honest with you, I would take either Kaip or Radke, who both give up size, against the newly crowned "gopher tough guys" peltier or bikle. I don't think it is even a question of who would get the best of who in that situation. Anybody remember McMahon vs. vanelli? Maybe your twin cities cupcakes better stick to picking on the little guys and hiding behind their coach, that way they won't have to go through life with a nose that is slightly off-center.

:)

the gophers are a bunch of wussies this season and it shows in many games ive seen of them. hit and run away...............bickel even flipped off finley at the ralph in december and then wouldnt go near fnley after that. halarious team. keep up with the 1 point weekends, as the jeffersons would say..MOVIN ON UP, MOVIN ON UP :)

Back to what this topic is about...Dubay is Very correct in a couple things he said. The Sioux have not had an impressive win in their nine game unbeaten streak. Getting three points in Minneapolis means absolutely nothing. The Gophers DO NOT score. And when he said that Oshie and Duncan have to do more he was also very correct on that. Duncan is no where to be found on the ice, and as soon as Toews left, he should have went too. Duncan's year last year was a product of playing with Oshie and Toews.

I won't say i don't think the Sioux will make the Frozen Four because Phil can keep winning games for them. That and Miami just proved they are average and the WCHA really is not that good this year. Mankato is in fourth or fifth and for god sakes you have all watched them play. CC is the only bonified "Good" team in the league. Denver was, but then Trotter left. Offense won't win the Sioux games this year, Goaltending will have to win the Tourney for them.

Back to what this topic is about...Dubay is Very correct in a couple things he said. The Sioux have not had an impressive win in their nine game unbeaten streak. Getting three points in Minneapolis means absolutely nothing. The Gophers DO NOT score. And when he said that Oshie and Duncan have to do more he was also very correct on that. Duncan is no where to be found on the ice, and as soon as Toews left, he should have went too. Duncan's year last year was a product of playing with Oshie and Toews.

I won't say i don't think the Sioux will make the Frozen Four because Phil can keep winning games for them. That and Miami just proved they are average and the WCHA really is not that good this year. Mankato is in fourth or fifth and for god sakes you have all watched them play. CC is the only bonified "Good" team in the league. Denver was, but then Trotter left. Offense won't win the Sioux games this year, Goaltending will have to win the Tourney for them.

I have to agree with the general feeling of your post. I'm not ready to call out any specific player yet as most of the upper classmen (with the exception of JPL) seem to be underperforming - or at least according to our expectations of this year, not playing to their potential. :silly: