SiouxSports.com Forum

The Slippery Slope...

MafiaMan

'If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there’s a guy that has tattoos all over his face - white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere - I'm walking back to the other side of the street.'

'The list goes on - of stereotypes that we all live up to and that we're fearful of,' he continued.

'I know that I'm not perfect. While we all have our prejudices and bigotries, we have to learn that it's an issue that we have to control, that it's part of my responsibility as an entrepreneur to try to solve it, not just to kick the problem down the road.'

I'd call Mark Cuban honest.

PS - Mark, you can't solve it until you can solve the mysteries of the human heart and mind.

I think even sterling was totally yaken out of context in a spat with his girlfriend she should be the one punished

having $$$ sure does not make u smart

Should Charles Barkley be reprimanded by the NBA or TNT for his recent comments about San Antonio too?

I thought it was stupid that he had to apologized to Trayvon Martin's family for the "black kid in a hoodie" comment.

I thought the same exact thing. Apparently the word "hoodie" is now synonymous with "Trayvon Martin".

I don't want to get into if what was said was right, wrong, misunderstood, or what ever. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this whole Sterling thing. The man was speaking in his home with a 'friend', a place where he had full expectation of privacy and where, I believe, he had no knowledge the conversation was being taped. How can he be legally penalized for something he said in private?I gotta tell ya, this scares the sh*t out of me. I can't say 'boo' in my own home without fear of being victimized by some holier than thou's idea of retribution?!?

• Upvote 1

I don't want to get into if what was said was right, wrong, misunderstood, or what ever. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this whole Sterling thing. The man was speaking in his home with a 'friend', a place where he had full expectation of privacy and where, I believe, he had no knowledge the conversation was being taped. How can he be legally penalized for something he said in private?I gotta tell ya, this scares the sh*t out of me. I can't say 'boo' in my own home without fear of being victimized by some holier than thou's idea of retribution?!?

The people who were screaming for Sterling's banishment from the NBA were some of the same folks defending Rob Parker's comments regarding Robert Griffin III. You know him, right? The "cornball brother" who isn't truly "down with the cause." The guy "married to a white woman" and who is "probably a Republican."

You just can't make this stuff up...

I turned off the news about the time the Stanley Cup Playoffs rolled around, and I feel a lot better for it. I still read a site here and there, but I think the world going to hell in a hand basket.

Let's see, we have the Middle East basically on the verge of being in flames. Russia is on the move again. The NSA is spying on American Citizens, this is unacceptable. We have the IRS targeting people that their personal views disagree with the "One".

In my opinion, George Orwell's 1984 is actually coming to fruition right before our very eyes. What next? Are we going to fine people for cussing? Oh yeah, I almost forgot, were still blaming Bush five years later.

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 2

The people who were screaming for Sterling's banishment from the NBA were some of the same folks defending Rob Parker's comments regarding Robert Griffin III. You know him, right? The "cornball brother" who isn't truly "down with the cause." The guy "married to a white woman" and who is "probably a Republican."

You just can't make this stuff up...

Similar but not the same. Parker commented on national television. Sterling was in the privacy of his own home!! You can't even way what your think in the privacy of your own home because some one wanting something may be taping your conversation without your knowing it.

Similar but not the same. Parker commented on national television. Sterling was in the privacy of his own home!! You can't even way what your think in the privacy of your own home because some one wanting something may be taping your conversation without your knowing it.

Which is illegal without your permission in California anyways...but what does that matter? He's a racist, so throw the law out the window, right?

• Upvote 1