SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

Buy with 4 ints. I'm hoping he comes into fall camp close to 180 lbs. His only weakness last year was his size/strength, put some meat on him and with his mean streak he will dominate WRs.

Buy at least 2 times other than the Mimes game. I haven't been as excited for a UND offense since Dressler and Chappell were playing together.

Buy or sell a TE (Nichols or Adler or both) actually factoring in on the passing offense consistantly

Buying a TE. We have too many weapons to be covered in the red zone. Jackson may be the biggest receiver we've ever had, Hardin is a great fade route runne, and there's always the threat of the run. Add Nichols's big body and he should have plenty of opportunities to make some plays in and around the end zone.

They just might be. Won't know for sure until we see him in live-action during games.

This is something we should be getting used to. The expectations for Mollberg will be lofty to say the least. Hansen has earned these expectations and I feel like he will be better than people think if the play calling allows him to be.

Buy or sell the offense averaging 430+ yards/game (I'm buying)

This is something we should be getting used to. The expectations for Mollberg will be lofty to say the least. Hansen has earned these expectations and I feel like he will be better than people think if the play calling allows him to be.

I have to sell this one because I think they will average just under 400.

Buy or sell- We score more than 20 points against FBS SDSU

Sell. We averaged 310 ypg offensively last season. I don't see an 120 ypg increase. I'll say around a 75 yard increase putting the offense at around 385 ypg this season.

Buy or sell- We score more than 20 points against FBS SDSU

Buy, I think three touchdowns is easily possible. Cal Poly scored 21 last year against them.

Buy or sell Mussman is still the coach in 5 years and gets a little respect as a coach

Buy We saw what his offenses can do with some actual talent when he was OC. Now that he has the talent again, I think he'll start to build a reputation as a pretty darn good offensively minded head coach.

Buy or Sell A UND player leads the Big Sky in a major statistical category (Pass yds, rush yds, rec, sacks, interceptions, etc)

Buy We saw what his offenses can do with some actual talent when he was OC. Now that he has the talent again, I think he'll start to build a reputation as a pretty darn good offensively minded head coach.

Buy or Sell A UND player leads the Big Sky in a major statistical category (Pass yds, rush yds, rec, sacks, interceptions, etc)

Buy - Ross Brenneman sacks, Daryl Brown ints, Greg Hardin rec are possible

Buy or sell Mussman is still the coach in 5 years and gets a little respect as a coach

Being he will be the coach for this season, I really don't want to sell because that means we have some losing records in the next few years. It just seems he lacks the leadership ability a head coach requires. Remember, many great coordinators have ended up being poor head coaches. Personally, I feel this may be the case with Mussman. Nonetheless, if he manages to the lead the team to a 7-4 or better record this season, I'll start thinking differently. Optimistically, I'm going to hope for great results this year and buy.

Maybe Hardin has a break out year, but I don't see him leading the conference; just too many good receivers and quarterbacks out there. We have too many RBs for an individual to lead but maybe collectively. I really think it is possible we end up leading the conference in defense against the run. Not only because of our front 7, but also because of our secondary's issues; it just will be more inviting for Big Sky teams to pass rather than run (e.g. '06 & '07 Minnesota Vikings). Sell - No individual leaders this season.

I'm selling that

Although he has matured as a coach, his lack of stones as a game coach drives me nuts

He needs to step up his game

I'm selling that

Although he has matured as a coach, his lack of stones as a game coach drives me nuts

He needs to step up his game

I agree on the stones part but maybe that had to do with who was playing QB I think we'll see him flex them a lot more this year with Hansen

I agree on the stones part but maybe that had to do with who was playing QB I think we'll see him flex them a lot more this year with Hansen

I can see your point with the QB issue, but a couple of times when he wussed out we had absolutely nothing to lose.

• Upvote 1

Buy or sell football winning more national championships this decade than hockey.

On paper it definitely should be hockey - however Hak should have won a couple all ready - I'm not quite ready to just chalk it up to bad luck/hot goalie

Both coaches need to figure out how to finish

I'm gonna buy that one. I'm now on the Mussman bandwagon.

Mussman was a guy that I was luke-warm about at best when two "temps" decided to hire him.

When you listen to him speak now, it is like listenening to a totally different person from who he was back in 2008. He has obviously learned and grown alot. His demeanor on the sidelines during games has completely changed from his first couple seasons..................he seems much more intense now from what I see. I remember when first took the job, he said he felt like he would be more of "player's coach" than was Dale Lennon. Well, I never saw Dale chew anybody's ass like I did Mussman on multiple occasions last season.

I think he will prove to be a good leader of a college football program. Afterall, he flipped the record from 3-8 to 8-3 in a year's time......................

I'm gonna buy that one. I'm now on the Mussman bandwagon.

Mussman was a guy that I was luke-warm about at best when two "temps" decided to hire him.

When you listen to him speak now, it is like listenening to a totally different person from who he was back in 2008. He has obviously learned and grown alot. His demeanor on the sidelines during games has completely changed from his first couple seasons..................he seems much more intense now from what I see. I remember when first took the job, he said he felt like he would be more of "player's coach" than was Dale Lennon. Well, I never saw Dale chew anybody's ass like I did Mussman on multiple occasions last season.

I think he will prove to be a good leader of a college football program. Afterall, he flipped the record from 3-8 to 8-3 in a year's time......................

True, but he created the 3-8 fiasco and coached the worst game in modern Sioux history - Sioux Falls

I agree that he has matured and hope you are right, but he certainly had a long ways to go in my opinion

True, but he created the 3-8 fiasco and coached the worst game in modern Sioux history - Sioux Falls

I agree that he has matured and hope you are right, but he certainly had a long ways to go in my opinion

I agree he still has plenty to prove, but I think it would be a stretch to say he "created" the 3-8 season in 2010. That was a culmination of things ranging from poor scheduling by the A.D., unprecedented attrition of recruits from the Lennon era, the nickname debacle, and just the DI transition as a whole.................