SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs the FBS

darell1976

NDSU according to Dan Hammer got a call "twice" from Oklahoma for a game and another call from Pitt but GT declined both saying they have their FBS game (Colorado State). NDSU has only 10 games. Not to bash NDSU but for $800,000 would you cancel CSU and take a trip to Norman? If this was UND I would say cancel the Rams and bring on the Sooners. Lets see how NDSU plays agains the big boys of the FBS not the lower class bottom feeders. I think CMU is the only FBS they have played that had a winning record.

NDSU thinks they have a shot at another title run. Why play a monster like OU and risk getting some key, season-ending injuries.

And they'd rather play FBS games that they have a shot at winning. Can't blame NDSU for that either.

What would you think UND should do? Play winnable FBS teams (SJSU, Fresno, NIU) or play for exposure where there really is no shot at winning (TT, USC, Wisconsin, etc.)

NDSU according to Dan Hammer got a call "twice" from Oklahoma for a game and another call from Pitt but GT declined both saying they have their FBS game (Colorado State). NDSU has only 10 games. Not to bash NDSU but for $800,000 would you cancel CSU and take a trip to Norman? If this was UND I would say cancel the Rams and bring on the Sooners. Lets see how NDSU plays agains the big boys of the FBS not the lower class bottom feeders. I think CMU is the only FBS they have played that had a winning record.

what would lakes do? thought NDSU was supposed to be headed to the Big 12 :D

I would absolutely take a game at Oklahoma. You are the freaking FCS champion, the fanbase talks about being able to beat Alabama and LSU. Why not go for it and get some cash, and make it a weekend your kids/fans will never forget!??

Because the total a** kicking SU would receive from OU would remove all the visions of rainbows, dewey meadows, unicorns and fluffy bunnies that that fanbase is also delusional with!

I would absolutely take a game at Oklahoma. You are the freaking FCS champion, the fanbase talks about being able to beat Alabama and LSU. Why not go for it and get some cash, and make it a weekend your kids/fans will never forget!??

Appy State got huge publicity for years after beating Michigan and Cal Poly took UW to the woodshed for 4 qtrs. This just confirms my comments that Taylor/Bohl are just resume building and are really afraid to tackle an FBS team that has a recent winning history as other former NCC Dakota schools and even MVC schools have done. CSU should be an FCS program. Interesting to see if Taylor thinks he is ready to be AD at Minnesota with his ego and track record.

Appy State got huge publicity for years after beating Michigan and Cal Poly took UW to the woodshed for 4 qtrs. This just confirms my comments that Taylor/Bohl are just resume building and are really afraid to tackle an FBS team that has a recent winning history as other former NCC Dakota schools and even MVC schools have done. CSU should be an FCS program. Interesting to see if Taylor thinks he is ready to be AD at Minnesota with his ego and track record.

As usual you're full of it. You just can't stand it that UND gets taken to the so called woodshed by poor FSC teams (ie Idaho) and NDSU beats them. Who said 800,000.00? Bohl and Taylor have been here for over 10 years and compared to UND that's a life time! These games are scheduled years in advance so who knows what there record will be like when you finally play.

As usual you're full of it. You just can't stand it that UND gets taken to the so called woodshed by poor FSC teams (ie Idaho) and NDSU beats them. Who said 800,000.00? Bohl and Taylor have been here for over 10 years and compared to UND that's a life time! These games are scheduled years in advance so who knows what there record will be like when you finally play.

Oh Lakes has Oklahoma and CSU on the slate. Plus the OU-NDSU game would be on ESPN2. Lakes knows it all and came up with the 800,000 total. NDSU beats the bottom feeders of conferences except CMU if you call that a conference. Ball State, Kansas, Minnesota. Come on South Dakota beat Minnesota. I can't wait til that Iowa (NOT sh*tty Iowa State) NDSU game. If NDSU can beat a tougher FBS team then they can gloat.

why cant ndsu gloat now, they have a winning record against the fbs and a national championship, i think that what you have to realize darryl is that ndsu is an fcs school that has a pretty good formula going right now by playing winnable money games. a beat down by oklahoma does them no good, however i am sure it would help you sleep a little better at night.

What the ^&*( is FSC? Idaho was an FBS team coming off a bowl game the first year as was NIU. TT was a bowl team. USD played up, beat Minnesota and played AF, UW etc., SIU played NW and Illinois, SDSU played Nebraska and BSC teams. NDSU plays down in the FBS, admit it, ISU had been a doormat for years, KU and Minnesota were programs in disarray, maybe still are. The MAC is nowhere near a competitive FBS conference on a national level. When do you want to shedule UND every year and both schools can make some money?

What the ^&*( is FSC? Idaho was an FBS team coming off a bowl game the first year as was NIU. TT was a bowl team. USD played up, beat Minnesota and played AF, UW etc., SIU played NW and Illinois, SDSU played Nebraska and BSC teams. NDSU plays down in the FBS, admit it, ISU had been a doormat for years, KU and Minnesota were programs in disarray, maybe still are. The MAC is nowhere near a competitive FBS conference on a national level. When do you want to shedule UND every year and both schools can make some money?

Idaho won 2 games last year, one the of worst teams in the FBS. Hard to argue with the success NDSU has had but you continue to try and put the square peg in the round hole. MN beat Iowa and ILL this year but don't let facts get into the way. NDSU will continue to schedule regional FBS games as you can tell by their future schedules so fans can come to the games. We play KSU in 2013 and have Iowa coming up in 2015. You're obvious jealousy is clouding your thinking.

Idaho won 2 games last year, one the of worst teams in the FBS. Hard to argue with the success NDSU has had but you continue to try and put the square peg in the round hole. MN beat Iowa and ILL this year but don't let facts get into the way. NDSU will continue to schedule regional FBS games as you can tell by their future schedules so fans can come to the games. We play KSU in 2013 and have Iowa coming up in 2015. You're obvious jealousy is clouding your thinking.

So what? You going with the we beat that team who beat this team who beat that another team forumla? So in basketball we beat SDSU who beat Washington who beat UCLA..so UND should be able to beat UCLA right. Sorry doesn't work.

Call me when NDSU has beaten a major FBS team with a winning record. Then you can gloat. Minnesota at the end of the year would have beaten the Bison. It took most of the season for Marquis to remember how to play QB and the new coaching staff to get them playing together. Iowa and Illinois were both an embarassment to the Big 10 at year end. I have never been jealous of people with special boots for cleaning the barn.

What would you think UND should do? Play winnable FBS teams (SJSU, Fresno, NIU) or play for exposure where there really is no shot at winning (TT, USC, Wisconsin, etc.)

I don't think it has to be either/or. Why not a combination? A little of each. Those big paydays can really be a big boost for a struggling athletic department at times. On the other hand, mix with games against FBS teams where there's a possibility of victory.

I don't think it has to be either/or. Why not a combination? A little of each. Those big paydays can really be a big boost for a struggling athletic department at times. On the other hand, mix with games against FBS teams where there's a possibility of victory.

So far UND has played both.. non winnable (Texas Tech) and winnable (Idaho, NIU, and FSU). UND has SDSU (Aztecs), SJSU, and Wyoming...can we win any of those? I see maybe SJSU being winnable.