SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

IIRC Army would face Minnesota (or is it Miami?)! Either way, Minnesota could put Frazee or even Solei in net and still win. CC would then crush Minnesota.

The only way that UMN would face Army in the first round is if the Gophers were a #1 seed.

I don't think they have enough season left to accomplish that feat. :huh:

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new one up with umd in after that rule was wrong saying you needed to have a .500 overall record to get in tourney, they sure should make that a rule but im guessing in the end there wont be a team in with a record under .500

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,15385/Bracket...March52008.html

This Week's Brackets

Colorado Springs

Minn.-Duluth vs. Colorado College

Minnesota vs. Miami

Madison

Wisconsin vs. New Hampshire

Minnesota State vs. Michigan State

Albany

Army vs. Michigan

St. Cloud State vs. Clarkson

Worcester

Bemidji State vs. North Dakota

Boston College vs. Denver

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 8

CCHA - 3

HEA - 2

ECAC - 1

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

That is a really tough bracket for the Number 1 overall seed. :huh:

I think Moy is off his feed this week. First the .500 kerfuffle and now this mess. The good thing about it is none of this makes any difference. We've got two full weeks of conference hockey left.

That is a really tough bracket for the Number 1 overall seed. :angry:

I think Moy is off his feed this week. First the .500 kerfuffle and now this mess. The good thing about it is none of this makes any difference. We've got two full weeks of conference hockey left.

its tough but i dont think there is a easy bracket out there. kick scsu around the rink this weekend as cc will lose 1 game to DU!!

Now Albany is the easiest.

I know that no one here is much for the Gophers, but how awesome would it be to see Minnesota defeat the "dynastic" Miami Redturkeys? :angry:

I think it would be awesome.

CC and UNH now have the toughest opening round opponent. UND has the toughest regional. My opinion anyways.

Now Albany is the easiest.

I know that no one here is much for the Gophers, but how awesome would it be to see Minnesota defeat the "dynastic" Miami Redturkeys? :angry:

I think it would be awesome.

CC and UNH now have the toughest opening round opponent. UND has the toughest regional. My opinion anyways.

screw the gophers, go maimi!

That's a brutal bracket. I like Michigan's better. :cool:

Well, they can't screw that bracket up, can't they?

AZ- I'm not that petty. Besides, UMN winning one round isn't all that bad. Plus, we get to see Miami win the Whiners of the Week honors. :angry:

I would really like to see the Sioux in Madison. I need one more road trip this year!!

I agree totally. Let's hope Wisconsin falters and doesn't make the tournament. Who's up for a road trip from Minneapolis to Madison in a few weeks?

Because Wisco isn't playing this week do you think not getting into the Final Five would kick them out of the tourney?

if they get swept in 2 games yes or lose in 3 i say they are out. 2 losses will hurt them bad i believe sitting where they are as of today in pwr.

Madison would be a great environment for the Sioux, provided that Wisconsin really is out. I'd hate to be headed to madison with the badgers there too

if i had to pick a regional to go to where the host was there i would go to madison over cc this season. if not then send us out east :angry:

if i had to pick a regional to go to where the host was there i would go to madison over cc this season. if not then send us out east :angry:

I definately agree with that one. If it came between wisco and cc at home, bring on the badgers!

Madison would be a great environment for the Sioux, provided that Wisconsin really is out. I'd hate to be headed to madison with the badgers there too

I don't know about that attendance-wise. Go check out the numbers from the 1998 regional hosted at the Great Dane. I debated going but figured I'd never get a ticket. Imagine my stunned surprise when I turn on the Sioux/BC game and see about 500 people in the stands. :angry:

I don't know about that attendance-wise. Go check out the numbers from the 1998 regional hosted at the Great Dane. I debated going but figured I'd never get a ticket. Imagine my stunned surprise when I turn on the Sioux/BC game and see about 500 people in the stands. :angry:

I bet it would be different this year if the Sioux get placed in the Madison regional, even if UW isn't there. There were a ton of Sioux fans here for last year's UW series, and it is the closest regional to GF, so Sioux fans could easily make the drive.

Of course, I'm just biased being that I live in Madison and I want to see the Sioux play here so I can watch them live. :cool:

I bet it would be different this year if the Sioux get placed in the Madison regional, even if UW isn't there. There were a ton of Sioux fans here for last year's UW series, and it is the closest regional to GF, so Sioux fans could easily make the drive.

Of course, I'm just biased being that I live in Madison and I want to see the Sioux play here so I can watch them live. :cool:

if its at the kohl center i doubt that big place wont be full at all if sconnie isnt there. doesnt mean there wont be tons of sioux fans but nothing close to filling it

if its at the kohl center i doubt that big place wont be full at all if sconnie isnt there. doesnt mean there wont be tons of sioux fans but nothing close to filling it

What was the attendance at the Pepsi Center last year for Sioux/Gophers regional final - if I remember attendance was pretty good.

What was the attendance at the Pepsi Center last year for Sioux/Gophers regional final - if I remember attendance was pretty good.

it wasnt bad from the looks of it down in the lower bowl. pretty big arena to hold a regional really. the worst was when we lost 1-0 to du in the springs in 04 i think, pathetic but obviously if cc would have been in it would have been very good