SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

and the comeback we had to have vs michigan :) i dont fear anyone and ive always said that but looking at it realistically you never want to face a team in their home regional. just dont but if you have to then so be it and end cc's season with 3 other teams on the way to #8

and no i wouldnt call tech a strong offensive team, very strong in net though :D but i do think we have the best d core and goaltending in the nation!!

I didn't say they were particularly strong offensively, and you are correct to point out that they were not...but they were, overall, a strong team. They play the trap well, and make it tough to generate good scoring chances. I thought the Sioux beat them soundly on defense, which was pretty impressive. The Sioux defense has been great through this long stretch in limiting shots on goal, and that is a huge factor in their favor.

I like their odds as well as ANY other team going into the FF's. (Five and Four).

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just used the you are committee tool and If Miami loses tomorrow afternoon, all UND needs to do is win one of their 2 games this weekend and they will be a #1 seed regardless of what else happens.

I would love not being in the same bracket as CC, Mich, or UNH. I don't care if we're a 2 seed, as long as that pairs us with Miami.

Also, does the committee automatically place AFA in the springs, just like CC, or would they be sent somewhere else in order to preserve number matchups (1 vs. 16, etc)?

I would love not being in the same bracket as CC, Mich, or UNH. I don't care if we're a 2 seed, as long as that pairs us with Miami.

Also, does the committee automatically place AFA in the springs, just like CC, or would they be sent somewhere else in order to preserve number matchups (1 vs. 16, etc)?

thats not being picky :) we will have to go through 2 or 3 of those teams anyway to #8. if cc and us end up 4 and 5 either way it will be a springs regional with the sioux and thats the correct placing if that happens. guess we will know in a little more than 2 days!!

air force isnt the host of that regional but could be placed there is its the correct seeding placement. the host school is only placed in their regional if they make it and thats cc. sconnie looks to be out but i also see they are tied with msu as of tonight for that last spot available with no other upsets happening but uw seems to be on the way out messing with the pairwise predictor

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwp.php

thats not being picky :) we will have to go through 2 or 3 of those teams anyway to #8. if cc and us end up 4 and 5 either way it will be a springs regional with the sioux and thats the correct placing if that happens. guess we will know in a little more than 2 days!!

air force isnt the host of that regional but could be placed there is its the correct seeding placement. the host school is only placed in their regional if they make it and thats cc. sconnie looks to be out but i also see they are tied with msu as of tonight for that last spot available with no other upsets happening

Oh hi AZ. We're comin!!

Tomorrow morning, 8:26 AM, TPC Scottsdale :D

After tonight, cannot see how we would not be in CC next week.

If we win tomorrow, we are #3 overall, and the closest regional for us is the West.

If we lose, CC is #4, we are #5, which puts us in the same bracket.

if we are 4 and 5 flipped either way we will be in cc. if we end up 3rd we may not go to cc, score some goals tomorrow and win!

You will win.

So where should I watch our game tomorrow night AZ?

any sports bar in scottsdale or wherever you are staying will have it on fox sports north as most have direct tv but ncaa basketball will be on. im sure anywhere will give you a tv somewhere to check it out. fox sports grill on scottsdale road, goldies sports bar or zipps sports bar are a few in scottsdale you can look up

any sports bar in scottsdale or wherever you are staying will have it on fox sports north as most have direct tv but ncaa basketball will be on. im sure anywhere will give you a tv somewhere to check it out. fox sports grill on scottsdale road, goldies sports bar or zipps sports bar are a few in scottsdale you can look up

Appreciate it, yeah I'm on Scottsdale road right now. Think they might switch a TV over? You going to join me?

Appreciate it, yeah I'm on Scottsdale road right now. Think they might switch a TV over? You going to join me?

sorry man, wont be joining you as i have the set up at the place with plasmas everywhere in the living room with all basketball games on and the sioux game at noon but all basketball after that or i would as i run a big madness ncaa pool. they will switch a tv for you for sure. just find one in the corner somwehere or wherever but you wont have a problem for 2 1/2 hours for 1 game.

sorry man, wont be joining you as i have the set up at the place with plasmas everywhere in the living room with all basketball games on and the sioux game at noon but all basketball after that or i would as i run a big madness ncaa pool. they will switch a tv for you for sure. just find one in the corner somwehere or wherever but you wont have a problem for 2 1/2 hours for 1 game.

Ouch man, that hurts...you can just scratch those, its worth a run down to watch a hockey game with me. Besides, hockey right now > NCAAs. My brackets are awesome anyway.

if we are 4 and 5 flipped either way we will be in cc. if we end up 3rd we may not go to cc, score some goals tomorrow and win!

If we end up 3, UNH 4, CC 5, there is no way we would be sent to Worcester and UNH to Colo Springs.

Here is my bracket prediction after the dust settles tomorrow.

Madison

Mich v AForce

SCSU v Mich St.

Albany

Miami v Niagra

Clarkson v Denver

Colo Springs

UND/CC v Princeton/Harvard

CC/UND v Notre Dame*

Worcester

UNH v MSM*

BC v UMTC

If BU or UVM beats BC, they probably go to Colo Springs to avoid a 1st round game w/UNH, Notre Dame goes to Worcester, and MSM is the last team out. All this assumes Notre Dame beats NMich. If not this is all wrong.

If we end up 3, UNH 4, CC 5, there is no way we would be sent to Worcester and UNH to Colo Springs.

Here is my bracket prediction after the dust settles tomorrow.

Madison

Mich v AForce

SCSU v Mich St.

Albany

Miami v Niagra

Clarkson v Denver

Colo Springs

UND/CC v Princeton/Harvard

CC/UND v Notre Dame*

Worcester

UNH v MSM*

BU v UMTC

If BU or UVM beats BC, they probably go to Colo Springs to avoid a 1st round game w/UNH, Notre Dame goes to Worcester, and MSM is the last team out.

those look good! i guess the main thing for tomorrow is just win and get some MO back in our favor into next weekend. the seeds will play out and you are correct on the springs outlook.......go sioux

brads on getting a 1 seed

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

If UND beats Colorado College, the Sioux will be a No. 1 seed and the third overall seed in the tournament. Colorado College will be the a No. 2 seed and the fifth overall seed. Then it's in the committee's hands.

The overall seeds if UND wins tomorrow are: 1. Michigan, 2. Miami, 3. UND, 4. New Hampshire. So, if you go by seeds, UNH should get sent to Colorado Springs for the 4-5 matchup. But would they want to send UNH all the way out west while sending UND out east?

Or would they fudge with the overall seeding a little bit and put UND in Colorado Springs anyway and keep UNH closer to home?

The USCHO guys think that the committee would honor the seeds and put UND in either Albany or Worcester (probably Worcester). But you never know.

If UND beats Colorado College, the Sioux will be a No. 1 seed and the third overall seed in the tournament. Colorado College will be the a No. 2 seed and the fifth overall seed. Then it's in the committee's hands.

The overall seeds if UND wins tomorrow are: 1. Michigan, 2. Miami, 3. UND, 4. New Hampshire. So, if you go by seeds, UNH should get sent to Colorado Springs for the 4-5 matchup. But would they want to send UNH all the way out west while sending UND out east?

Or would they fudge with the overall seeding a little bit and put UND in Colorado Springs anyway and keep UNH closer to home?

The USCHO guys think that the committee would honor the seeds and put UND in either Albany or Worcester (probably Worcester). But you never know.

more from brad

Wisconsin's picture

The Badgers are in if Northern Michigan beats Notre Dame AND Princeton beats Harvard AND Boston College beats Vermont. If those things don't happen, I don't think Wisconsin gets in.

Mankato's picture

I believe that if Vermont beats BC in Hockey East, the Mavs are going to be out. And if BC beats Vermont, I think the Mavs are going to be in.

If you can find any scenarios that prove these theories wrong, let me know!

That's enough bracket nerding for me tonight. My brain is fried. I'm out.

If we win and they decide to send us to Worcester, expect to see BC and UMTC in that bracket as well. The Sioux like Worcester.

As I mentioned before, if Wisconsin gets in, it screws everything up.

If they end up #12 overall, which #1 goes to Madison and still keep some bracket integrity - probably UNH. Who would Wisco play round 1? 12 should play 5 but what if the 5 is CC - does BC then end up in Madison? The bracket would look lke this - UNH BC Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

I sure hope the USCHO guys are right in the committee honoring the integrity of the bracket and sending us to Worcester. Seeing as how the word money is more important to the NCAA than integrity, I am guessing we're going to Springs no matter how today plays out. Still, let's win today, so we can at least hope for awhile! :glare:

If we win and they decide to send us to Worcester, expect to see BC and UMTC in that bracket as well. The Sioux like Worcester.

As I mentioned before, if Wisconsin gets in, it screws everything up.

If they end up #12 overall, which #1 goes to Madison and still keep some bracket integrity - probably UNH. Who would Wisco play round 1? 12 should play 5 but what if the 5 is CC - does BC then end up in Madison? The bracket would look lke this - UNH BC Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

UW getting in will cause the committee to re-examine their seeding criteria. That is almost enough to make me want them in the tourney, but not quite. :glare:

Here's my prediction with what I think will happen the rest of tonight (Michigan, BC, Denver and Harvard winning) This bracket would be very balanced spreading out the WCHA and CCHA teams about as well as possible and still have pretty strong attendance. It would be a very interesting region for the Sioux.

Madison

1 Michigan

16 Air Force

8 St. Cloud State

9 Michigan State

Colorado Springs

2 Miami

15 Niagara

5 Colorado College

12 Harvard

Worcester

3 North Dakota

13 Notre Dame

6 Boston College

11 Minnesota

Albany

4 New Hampshire

14 Minnesota State

7 Denver

10 Clarkson

Here's my prediction with what I think will happen the rest of tonight (Michigan, BC, Denver and Harvard winning) This bracket would be very balanced spreading out the WCHA and CCHA teams about as well as possible and still have pretty strong attendance. It would be a very interesting region for the Sioux.

Madison

1 Michigan

16 Air Force

8 St. Cloud State

9 Michigan State

Colorado Springs

2 Miami

15 Niagara

5 Colorado College

12 Harvard

Worcester

3 North Dakota

13 Notre Dame

6 Boston College

11 Minnesota

Albany

4 New Hampshire

14 Minnesota State

7 Denver

10 Clarkson

flip miami and nh there is no way they send the no 2 overall seed to colorado springs

Let's assume the top four are ...

CCHA winner tonight

CCHA loser tonight

North Dakota

New Hampshire

UND winning today saved the committee a ton of issues:

#1 overall goes to Madison

#2 overall is a western team and should go to the other west regional (so sayeth history and precedent)

#3 overall no longer has a western site available -- east they go (and they love making UND travel)

#4 overall is eastern with an open eastern site

I agree with nodakvindy's take at least for top seeds.

I believe tonight's CCHA title game will determine who goes to Madison and who goes to play on wide ice at altitude (probably against the home team). :glare: