14) UMD vs. 4) CC

12) UMTC vs. 5) Miami OH

Madison

13) Wisconsin vs. 2) Michigan

10) St. Cloud St. vs. 7) Clarkson

Worchester

15) Bemidji St vs. 3) New Hampshire

11) Minn St. vs. 6) Denver

The only variation would be Mich in Worchester and UNH in Madison. This setup would be closer to the "true bracket' but I don't think it would make sense to have Mich and UNH criss-cross the country. The reason UND is in Albany is to protect the #1 overall seed. If Wisco falls out of the tournament, UND would go to Madison, if they stay #1 overall.

I do not know if I want the Sioux to be in the same regional as BC.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albany

16) Army vs. 1) UND

9) BC vs. 8) Michigan St

Colorado Springs

14) UMD vs. 4) CC

12) UMTC vs. 5) Miami OH

Madison

Worchester

The only variation would be Mich in Worchester and UNH in Madison. This setup would be closer to the "true bracket' but I don't think it would make sense to have Mich and UNH criss-cross the country. The reason UND is in Albany is to protect the #1 overall seed. If Wisco falls out of the tournament, UND would go to Madison, if they stay #1 overall.

Probably fairly accurate except for one big caveat. There is no way 8 WCHA teams will be getting in. As soon as teams start beating each other in the F5, the losers will probaly drop out. 5 or 6 is more realistic. Either way, I think CC will get screwed with some good teams at their regional. Hopefully UND gets a break from MI/BC/UMinn for once.

Albany

16) Army vs. 1) UND

9) BC vs. 8) Michigan St

Colorado Springs

14) UMD vs. 4) CC

12) UMTC vs. 5) Miami OH

Madison

Worchester

swap clarkson and mich state for attendance purposes.

What's insane is that one more tie for UMN (likely against UMD) would give them 10 on the season. DOUBLE DIGIT TIES!!

How frustrating is that for a gopher fan?!

Let me answer that for you....very frustrating

In our last 16 games, only 4 losses....too bad that record is 5-4-7 :angry::(:):lol:

If your looking for another team to root for besides the Sioux this weekend, it would be Northeastern. Their RPI is currently 24, and it would be good for us if they could stay a TUC (+25 RPI). They play BC this weekend - a split with top 10 team would move them up the RPI for sure.

If your looking for another team to root for besides the Sioux this weekend, it would be Northeastern. Their RPI is currently 24, and it would be good for us if they could stay a TUC (+25 RPI). They play BC this weekend - a split with top 10 team would move them up the RPI for sure.

And the cherry to top off rooting for Northeastern is that you can root against BC. :angry:

Yes, the 11 of 12 thing is also true. And yes, it does very much so put things into perspective, put half of our ties into wins this year and you have a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY.

very true, the gophers dont have the ability to close good teams out or average teams at that. thats the problem. a 4 points is a must for your squad this coming weekend to keep it all alive for now with how crazy the pairwise has been

Guest federal employee
What really stands out there is that only 3 WCHA teams make the tournament. Of course that's a failure of the PWR, not the bracketology.

Still considering that we are the strongest conference in strength of schedule there's something amiss.

Cancle the National and just call the final 5. The national champ. game :huh:

very true, the gophers dont have the ability to close good teams out or average teams at that. thats the problem. a 4 points is a must for your squad this coming weekend to keep it all alive for now with how crazy the pairwise has been

Wait I actually said something that you agreed with or was very true? Nice. I think a lot of it comes down to ability, some if it to bad luck, I don't know what it is. You'd just think that with that many overtime games, you'd actually be able to win a few of them. I don't know about it being a "must" but it would be huge. If we get 4 we could MAYBE skimp by without winning our first round matchup in the WCHA but I doubt it. I think the WCHA Playoffs first round is whats going to make or break it, win that first series and get 2/3/4 points this weekend and I think its looking positive.

Eeeesh...Here's This Weeks:

March 4th Bracket

bring it on, not worried about bc in regionals, only f-4's :huh:

This Week's Brackets

Colorado Springs

Providence vs. Colorado College

Minnesota vs. Miami

Madison

Wisconsin vs. New Hampshire

Minnesota State vs. Michigan State

Albany

Army vs. Michigan

St. Cloud State vs. Clarkson

Worcester

Bemidji State vs. North Dakota

Boston College vs. Denver

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 7

CCHA - 3

HEA - 3

ECAC - 1

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

...a provision added for 2008 that requires a team to have at least a .500 overall record to qualify for an at-large bid. For now, at least, that leaves out Minnesota Duluth, currently tied for 13th in the PWR...

That's from the front page at USCHO...

If the Gophers lose ~3 more games, which is likely unless they win the F5, their PWR will not matter. And for that matter, neither will a few WCHA teams with near .500 records.

That's from the front page at USCHO...

If the Gophers lose ~3 more games, which is likely unless they win the F5, their PWR will not matter. And for that matter, neither will a few WCHA teams with near .500 records.

I guess I am not seeing it. They are 1 game over as of now. As long as they get 1 win this weekend and avoid a sweep in the playoffs, they can't finish any worse than .500.