Bracketology

sprig

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan will have to do with Chad Kolarik for at least a month:

http://blog.mlive.com/wolverines/2008/02/m...e_senior_u.html

Tough break losing their #2 scorer for that amount of time.

In other news, it appears that Chris from the Western College Hockey blog can't get over his complex about the Sioux and their rough and tough ways:

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...-surprised.html

You would think he would be in a better mood with MSUM's recent play. But I guess not.

It's a shame, as his blog is normally pretty good, but when he constantly whines about UMN and UND, it really makes his blog pretty pathetic.

In other news, it appears that Chris from the Western College Hockey blog can't get over his complex about the Sioux and their rough and tough ways:

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...-surprised.html

You would think he would be in a better mood with MSUM's recent play. But I guess not.

It's a shame, as his blog is normally pretty good, but when he constantly whines about UMN and UND, it really makes his blog pretty pathetic.

Of all teams that might have a gripe about the Sioux, the Mavericks are the lowest on the list with the behavior of their team in games against the Sioux in recent years. Give me a break.

I don't get it?:lol: Are you talkin' about the team that ended our season the last two years?

the only reason we want BC to sweep or split with UNH this weekend is that it will flip out UNH comparison in the pairwise to make us getting a #1 seed even better of a possibility in the end. besides that screw BC :lol: i want that top 1 seed and if that will help then so be it :D

the only reason we want BC to sweep or split with UNH this weekend is that it will flip out UNH comparison in the pairwise to make us getting a #1 seed even better of a possibility in the end. besides that screw BC :lol: i want that top 1 seed and if that will help then so be it :D

It is still too early to worry about who needs to beat who. Conference play-offs seem to throw every thing into a little chaos prior to the NCAA's.

SCREW BC!

GO UNH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is still too early to worry about who needs to beat who. Conference play-offs seem to throw every thing into a little chaos prior to the NCAA's.

SCREW BC!

GO UNH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course i hate BC as well but if it can help the sioux im all for it. doesnt mean i have to cheer for BC as thats not gona make a difference either way but if they lose then so be it and it helps the sioux :D thats how i do it :D

SCREW BC!

GO UNH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it's not too early to be worrying about that. There's only 3 weeks left and a lot of spots are up for grabs. UNH is beating us in the comparison and they also are beating CC. If UNH gets swept or splits it goes a long way to insure that UND gets a #1 seed and also helps CC stay a #1 seed - I really don't want to play CC in the springs.

No it's not too early to be worrying about that. There's only 3 weeks left and a lot of spots are up for grabs. UNH is beating us in the comparison and they also are beating CC. If UNH gets swept or splits it goes a long way to insure that UND gets a #1 seed and also helps CC stay a #1 seed - I really don't want to play CC in the springs.

All we have to do is take care of our own business! A #1 seed is nice, but it is not a guarantee to the Frozen Four.

Have we been a #1 seed the last three years? Don't think so!

All we have to do is take care of our own business! A #1 seed is nice, but it is not a guarantee to the Frozen Four.

Have we been a #1 seed the last three years? Don't think so!

very true on those points but if getting a 1 seed along with cc getting one the sioux avoid the springs. i dont care where we end up because you have to beat the best either way but you also need those bounces to go your way as well. go sioux, whoop up bsu

I don't want to end up in Madison either. They proved how hard it is to win in Wisconsin 2 years ago.

both would be tough but ide much rather play this years uw team in madison than cc in springs in a regional. just this years teams ya know. big difference. not sure why the new bracketology isnt out yet

both would be tough but ide much rather play this years uw team in madison than cc in springs in a regional. just this years teams ya know. big difference. not sure why the new bracketology isnt out yet

Agreed.

If at all possible, I would want the Sioux to avoid playing CC in the Springs. While playing UW in Madison isn't ideal, it would be a much better alternative.

I would rather have DU placed with CC and have them duke it out to make it to the F4.

I think that the Sioux are a much better team than UW (in all aspects...goaltending, offense, defense, special teams), so the Sioux would have to play like crap to lose to UW at this point IMO. But anything can happen, so we will just have to wait a few weeks to see where the Sioux get placed.

I think the Badgers have the potential to be just as tough or tougher than CC for us. I think the big difference is in goal. Bachman has been awesome all year, but he's still a freshman. The Badgers defensive style I think could hurt us more in the long run since our problem has been scoring. A speedy, uptempo team was more difficult for UND early on, but I think right now our team can match that speed and intensity and easily play at the level CC does.

We just got done playing Minnesota who has been solid defensively as late (more like a WI), and they took us to OT both times. We just got done playing up-and-down style against Denver, and if it wasn't for a mental lapse in the second period, we would have easily swept these guys worse than we did.

I think the Badgers have the potential to be just as tough or tougher than CC for us. I think the big difference is in goal. Bachman has been awesome all year, but he's still a freshman. The Badgers defensive style I think could hurt us more in the long run since our problem has been scoring. A speedy, uptempo team was more difficult for UND early on, but I think right now our team can match that speed and intensity and easily play at the level CC does.

We just got done playing Minnesota who has been solid defensively as late (more like a WI), and they took us to OT both times. We just got done playing up-and-down style against Denver, and if it wasn't for a mental lapse in the second period, we would have easily swept these guys worse than we did.

Good Chance UW won't even make it to the big dance!

Good Chance UW won't even make it to the big dance!

There's also a good chance they do. They do have four away games (Minnesota, SCSU) to finish the year, but if they get 5 or 6 points, I don't see them not making the playoffs. This would be the best option for us.

One thing that could happen is CC could drop to a 2-seed, Denver could drop to a 3-seed, us stay at a 1-seed, and then the NCAA has the perfect oppurtunity to make sure only one of us makes it to the Frozen Four. That regional would be tough to get tickets.

I think you guys will almost certainly be out east as a #1. It's certainly possible but I don't think UND will pass Michigan in PWR, and I think CC will hang onto a #1.

Almost no way do I see you in Madison unless both you and CC finish ahead of Michigan as #1s.

Really it's still open now, but things are starting to get sorted out.

If Mich ends up #1 overall, they will try to keep them close and try to say as close to a 1-16/8-9 bracket for them. Wisco is currently 12 which doesn't fit the bracket for them. Since there is no home team in Albany, I predict they go there, if the current #1 seeds remain (Mich/NH/UND/CC).

What would make it interesting is if Wisco moves up to the 8-9 position. I'm sure Mich fans would scream if they had to play in Wisconsin.