SiouxSports.com Forum

This week St. Cloud & Minn St

4siouxnow

This is week is where the seperation could begin. Should be 2 good test for the women this week with both on the road.

St Cloud is down but it not an easy place to win at and everyone will be gunning to take down UND.

Min St should be a good game Saturday, UND needs to put it's foot down this week and get 2 wins.

If the shooting % can stay up to what it has been the last 4 games things will go well, however I think the defensive presure will be a notch up from those games. It's going to take our guards handling the ball and making some outside shots, so that Ashley and Keirah can get it done inside. We need to keep the turnovers down and not waste possesions.

Let's Go Sioux !!!!

Bakken blog.

But . . . don't be surprised if Minnesota State Mankato beats UND Saturday in Mankato. The Mavericks are scoring lots of points, are maybe more athletic than the Sioux, are coached much better and have been relishing a chance to prove themselves. This is not your mother's Mankato, the perennial doormat.

Methinks Bakken just got himself removed from the Roebuck Christmas card list (if he's saying what it appears he's saying). ;)

While I would agree that this is a game the Sioux could lose if they don't bring their "A" game, Mankato really hasn't beaten anybody of note. Their one real test was Concordia-St. Paul, and they lost that one by 12 in Mankato.

Bakken is off his rocker, yes I agree if the girls aren't ready for any conference game be it Thursday or Saturday they could get beat, but no way does MSU have better athletes, or not even close to the best DII Coach in the country. You may not always agree with everything Coach Roebuck does but his record isn't matched by anyone. May be if the girls see this it will serve as alittle extra motivation to kick some tail and then maybe Bakken will start to believe, the idea is to peak in March, it's not about peaking in November or December, it's about getting better and learning to play together, that seems to me is exactly what the Sioux have done is keep progressing each week.

Bakken is off his rocker, yes I agree if the girls aren't ready for any conference game be it Thursday or Saturday they could get beat, but no way does MSU have better athletes, or not even close to the best DII Coach in the country. You may not always agree with everything Coach Roebuck does but his record isn't matched by anyone. May be if the girls see this it will serve as alittle extra motivation to kick some tail and then maybe Bakken will start to believe, the idea is to peak in March, it's not about peaking in November or December, it's about getting better and learning to play together, that seems to me is exactly what the Sioux have done is keep progressing each week.

It certainly isn't worded that way but don't you think that Bakken meant that Mankato is being coached much better than they have in the past. I am not sure that he meant they were better coached than UND. If that is what he meant, he better get prepared for a lot of well-deserved flak!

It certainly isn't worded that way but don't you think that Bakken meant that Mankato is being coached much better than they have in the past. I am not sure that he meant they were better coached than UND. If that is what he meant, he better get prepared for a lot of well-deserved flak!

I also believe he meant it to mean they are being better coached this year than in the past by Mankato coaches. No way would he mean it to belittle Coach Roebuck. Not even plausible.

I was at the SCSU /UND game tonight. Husky women played with us for the first half which had me concerned. Our depth and adjustments made at the half told the story in the second half. Nice job. Good looking group this year and they ran the floor well. Go Sioux

It's very interesting that UND came out in a zone last night, and it apparently worked quite well.

I was a bit surprised that Mankato only beat UMD (probably the worst team in the league) by four points. Granted, it was in Duluth, but I didn't necessarily expect that game would be particularly close.