SiouxSports.com Forum

Sejna/St. Louis

sprig

I can't say I'm sorry to see him go. Great player, just glad we won't have to face him anymore!! I hope this doesn't hurt his Hobey chances by leaving before its picked.

St. Louis Blues Sign Free Agent Left Wing Peter Sejna

St. Louis, MO, Apr. 6, 2003 - Senior Vice President and General Manager Larry Pleau announced today that the club has signed free agent left wing Peter Sejna (sen-ya).

Sejna, 23, lead all NCAA collegiate players in scoring this season with 82 points (36 goals, 46 assists) in 42 games with Colorado College. He is currently one of three finalists for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award and was named WCHA Player of the Year. His 36 goals led the nation, while his 46 assists ranked him second overall in the country. Sejna also tied for second in the country with eight game-winning goals and tied for third in the nation with 15 power play goals.

The 5-11, 200-pound left wing, helped lead Colorado to the 2002-03 WCHA Championship, while earning their sixth NCAA Tournament bid since 1994. Sejna recorded a point in 41 of the Tigers' 42 contests, while posting a 32-game point-scoring streak. Sejna ranks eighth on the school's all-time scoring list registering 91 goals and 99 assists for 190 points in 126 collegiate contests. He has led the Tigers in scoring for the past three seasons and set a school record for most goals by a freshman with 29 during his 2000-01 campagin.

Prior to enrolling at Colorado College, the Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia native played two seasons for the Des Moines Buccaneers of the United States Hockey League. Sejna collected 157 points (81 goals, 76 assists) in 110 contests with Des Moines. Sejna will join St. Louis today and make his NHL debut this afternoon when the Blues visit Colorado

Sejna just logged his first NHL goal against Patrick Roy too.

Vintage Sejna - roofs the rebound on the PP. Believe he was #15, Goon. Don't know why it's one game and out for him, but announcers said it's the only game he'll play with the Blues this year. Must be down for the playoffs. Announcers need some practice - called him Sedge-na to start with, then changed and stuck with sen-yuh.

Flipping channels, Bayda played great and scored the only goal for the Hurricanes today, but they still lost 2-1. Wondered where Defau (sp?) was, but he was also mentioned, out with a hip injury.

Vintage Sejna - roofs the rebound on the PP. Believe he was #15, Goon. Don't know why it's one game and out for him, but announcers said it's the only game he'll play with the Blues this year. Must be down for the playoffs. Announcers need some practice - called him Sedge-na to start with, then changed and stuck with sen-yuh.

Flipping channels, Bayda played great and scored the only goal for the Hurricanes today, but they still lost 2-1. Wondered where Defau (sp?) was, but he was also mentioned, out with a hip injury.

Definately...Sejna was in the right place at the right time for St. Louis. Got to feel great scoring your first NHL goal against Roy. At least he is no longer a thorn in the Sioux's side. Great player.

Don't they have to trim the roster for the playoffs? Probably can't carry him and keep the rest of their roster. Or else, they had every intention of putting him into the AHL and today was just a chance for him to see some action?

Will he get sent down to Worcester? If so, perhaps he will be put on a line with Panzer and Pohl. That would be pretty cool.

That'd be a pretty damn good line. Though I do think that Pohl is overrated, great player...just a little overrated (Gopher fans, this goes back to his high school days at Red Wing, not because he was a Gopher).

That'd be a pretty damn good line. Though I do think that Pohl is overrated, great player...just a little overrated (Gopher fans, this goes back to his high school days at Red Wing, not because he was a Gopher).

Just the facts.....Last year he lead the nation in scoring. If that is being overrated, I'm confused. :D

Apparantly, according to the AP we still need to fear Peter Sejna. Here is what I found in the AP story on todays Blues/Av's game on the ESPN web site.

Rookie Eric Sejna made it 3-2 with 12 seconds left by lifting a rebound over Roy on a power play in his first NHL game.

Sejna, the NCAA's leading scorer this season with nearby Colorado College, signed with the Blues early Sunday.

I don't know who this Eric guy is, but Peter could still be with CC! Damn fine reporting. :)

Will he get sent down to Worcester? If so, perhaps he will be put on a line with Panzer and Pohl. That would be pretty cool.

Nah, it wouldn't be cool. It would be a lot of Panzer speeding on 1 on 2 breaks, with Pohl and Sejna huffing and puffing to try to keep up with Jeffy.

From what I have read online and such, it sounds like both Pohl and Panzer are having pretty solid seasons. Panzer netter the first Worcester hat trick in an OT win the other night and Pohl also had a couple goals in that one. Sejna-Panzer-Pohl would be a scary line, yet another reason the WCHA rules. I am just glad Pohl is gone because I was getting tired of the "Pohl-vaulting our way to a national title" thing some Gophs had going when he was playing. :)

And Kunitz was second this year in scoring...and I think he was overrated too. I wasn't saying that he was a bad player, I just think that people think he is better than he actually is. I've seen guys bump him off the puck rather easily since high school. But, this is just MY opinion.