SiouxSports.com Forum

Most Improved at this point of the season ?

Fetch

You can't blame Chorney for all the turnovers either. The breakout is as much on the forwards as the D. I see wingers at the blue line way too fast. The D then has to try and hit the long pass, which is easily picked off.

Wingers have to get down to the hash, short, crisp passes to transition up.

If the breakout isn't there, the d need to recompose and simply wait for their forwards to come back.

Remember that Marto and Lapointe are both making TONs of freshmen mistakes in our end.

Don't blame Chorns, could you do your best work if you were constantly worrying about the guy next to you.

It is also pretty easy to point fingers and give examples of screw-ups and times where our D man gets beat. There are many more times where our D men are winning. TC included. If he was playing that poorly, given the number of minutes he logs, we'd be 0-14 in the WCHA.

Um well latley he has been paired with Bina. That should be a more dependable partner that B Lee last year eh???

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chorney has been with Bina on the power play for about four or five games. Hak put them together on regular shifts starting with the new hamp. series.

and I think this team, even though they have had some lingering issues (second half of third Sat against new hamp. and most of third Friday against st.cloud), has turned a corner partly because of Chorney/Bina. They hold the zone, they both find passing lanes to the forwards so well, and Bina takes nice shots after Chorney works him open.

two other big reasons this team is taking a good turn.

the Canadian line

and

Duncan is moving around making plays as he enters the zone

ahh heck i cant forget to mention Finley becoming a tougher smarter D man

When you speak of the Canadian line tell me you are not speaking of Martens/Zajac/Radke?? If that is consistently our third line we will not be in Denver. That combo will be lucky to score one more goal the rest of the season.

When you speak of the Canadian line tell me you are not speaking of Martens/Zajac/Radke?? If that is consistently our third line we will not be in Denver. That combo will be lucky to score one more goal the rest of the season.

They are what they are...a solid 3rd line. They aren't going to give you big offensive number, but I like what I have seen of them so far.

unfortunately our Canadian checkers are giving up goals when they are on the ice. I don't expect them to pump many home, but I also do not expect them to get scored on. They've been scored on.

My math is slightly flawed in my earlier post, as surely some of the points scored by both Chorey and Finley are powerplay points.

I don't get where people say that Jones isn't a good defenseman, I think he plays smart with the puck and is mean and nasty infront of the net. I don't remember him making a lot of mistakes this season.

He doesn't contribute offensively. :D

As for Smaby and Greene and the penalty box (your previous post that replied to mine), it sure looked like it when Greene and Smaby wore a Sioux jersey at times. Especially with Smaby.

Chorney has been with Bina on the power play for about four or five games. Hak put them together on regular shifts starting with the new hamp. series.

and I think this team, even though they have had some lingering issues (second half of third Sat against new hamp. and most of third Friday against st.cloud), has turned a corner partly because of Chorney/Bina. They hold the zone, they both find passing lanes to the forwards so well, and Bina takes nice shots after Chorney works him open.

two other big reasons this team is taking a good turn.

the Canadian line

and

Duncan is moving around making plays as he enters the zone

ahh heck i cant forget to mention Finley becoming a tougher smarter D man

Bina does not hold the zone. He pinches, gets beat, and gives up odd-man rushes. Your wrong again when you say Bina takes nice shots. Guarantee no one has had more blocked shots this year than Bina. Chorney is having the same issues. Hell, in fact, all Sioux D-men are bad at getting the puck to the net.

I had added this to a earlier post of mine

Building confidense - I wonder how much the coaches work on this ? We seem to have a few who need a mental adjustment more than physical

I know nothing of how D1 Hockey players are coached

I do know Hak tells us very little about most anything :D

It seems to me that when you have young athletes - that are already skilled - How can you get them to be productive faster (especially in a age where your best players leave early)

I read about CC having /trying new things with Diet - I wonder if any schools give mental support to players (both about the game - their play & just being young role models - I can see where the pressure could make you either become a extrovert or a introvert on or off ice

I sometimes really feel like many players (if given the right pep talk could be so much better)

Bina does not hold the zone. He pinches, gets beat, and gives up odd-man rushes. Your wrong again when you say Bina takes nice shots. Guarantee no one has had more blocked shots this year than Bina. Chorney is having the same issues. Hell, in fact, all Sioux D-men are bad at getting the puck to the net.

I'm not wrong.

Watch this weekends games and tell me, if Hak keeps them together, if Bina doesn't take some nice HQ shots from the top of the Circle. I got five bucks Bina gets a point if not more this weekend off his shot.

Since they have been together they have not had any issues and have moved the punk at a very high level. I mean no one on our team is close to them in how they move the puck in the zone. Just watch them this weekend and you will see the light.

Bina has not had a problem getting beat off the pinch that I have seen, I'll watch some old games and see again. And getting beat is to some degree part and parcell with pinching, doesnt mean you don't do it. My point was that Chorney was pinching at the wrong times and out of place to hold the puck in on the boards. Bina pinches when he has the puck or is going to get it. Chorney was pinching while the puck was with players engaging in scrums on the boards behind and next to the net. Out comes the puck and there is no D at the line to keep it in. I know I saw this several times earlier in the year.

In any case they are preforming very very well together. They are making the opposition look silly the way they move them around, hear me now and see it later.

Again, they have only been paired for the last two weekends.

I'm not wrong.

Watch this weekends games and tell me, if Hak keeps them together, if Bina doesn't take some nice HQ shots from the top of the Circle. I got five bucks Bina gets a point if not more this weekend off his shot.

Since they have been together they have not had any issues and have moved the punk at a very high level. I mean no one on our team is close to them in how they move the puck in the zone. Just watch them this weekend and you will see the light.

Bina has not had a problem getting beat off the pinch that I have seen, I'll watch some old games and see again. And getting beat is to some degree part and parcell with pinching, doesnt mean you don't do it. My point was that Chorney was pinching at the wrong times and out of place to hold the puck in on the boards. Bina pinches when he has the puck or is going to get it. Chorney was pinching while the puck was with players engaging in scrums on the boards behind and next to the net. Out comes the puck and there is no D at the line to keep it in. I know I saw this several times earlier in the year.

In any case they are preforming very very well together. They are making the opposition look silly the way they move them around, hear me now and see it later.

Again, they have only been paired for the last two weekends.

Just out of pure curiosity...how do you pinch when you have the puck...next