SiouxSports.com Forum

TJ, We support you

yzerman19

I have read the much larger thread full of speculation on TJ's behavior, his habits off the ice, even people searching his facebook page. I wanted to start this thread for standing by TJ. First of all, an arrest is not a conviction, and in this country you are innocent until proven guilty. Second of all, I'm sure he feels dumb about this whole thing, and from what I know about him, what hurts him the most is probably the suspension and the feeling that he is letting down his teammates, we fans, and especially kids. Do not berate this outstanding young man. TJ, you have my support 100%. We believe in you as a leader on the ice as a scorer and off the ice as a person . Thank you, TJ. Good Luck and God Bless.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read the much larger thread full of speculation on TJ's behavior, his habits off the ice, even people searching his facebook page. I wanted to start this thread for standing by TJ. First of all, an arrest is not a conviction, and in this country you are innocent until proven guilty. Second of all, I'm sure he feels dumb about this whole thing, and from what I know about him, what hurts him the most is probably the suspension and the feeling that he is letting down his teammates, we fans, and especially kids. Do not berate this outstanding young man. TJ, you have my support 100%. We believe in you as a leader on the ice as a scorer and off the ice as a person . Thank you, TJ. Good Luck and God Bless.

I second that motion. Triouxper rocks too.

:lol: I heard of this about 1 hour ago. Sure enough had to head over here and watch the fireworks. 12 pages so far of immature juvenile bickering over what: A MEASLY DISORDERLY CONDUCT CHARGE. My god people get off your damn soapbox.

TJ if you happen to read this let me give you a bit of advice from a Gopher fan: Take this criticism from these so called "fans" and shove it right back up there @$$.

:lol: I heard of this about 1 hour ago. Sure enough had to head over here and watch the fireworks. 12 pages so far of immature juvenile bickering over what: A MEASLY DISORDERLY CONDUCT CHARGE. My god people get off your damn soapbox.

TJ if you happen to read this let me give you a bit of advice from a Gopher fan: Take this criticism from these so called "fans" and shove it right back up there @$$.

yezir

Just don't Okposo us.

Couldn't have said it better.

AMEN! Go get em on Saturday Osh.

FINALLY SOME SUPPORT !!!!

I'm sure many people appreciate this thread in support of T.J. Oshie. It's too bad so many of the posters from the other thread simply jump the gun and expect the worse.

T.J. and Radja's case will be heard. And oh, by the way, this is T.J. Oshie's first arrest. He was issued a citation last year surrounding the Judy's incident. I'm going to investigate who at the Grand Forks Herald or WDAZ ran the Associated Press', Press Release last night or early today. Total defamation of TJ's name.

People on siouxsports.com obviously have the right to voice their opionin but when you have no clue as to the events surrounding is pure spectulation. And yet, like each time adversity stirs around UND Athletics, everyone jumps the gun. Always cover your bases when you accuse someone of a crime and you'd better have solid, justifable proof.

Thanks for the great thread and the folks supporting OSH.

I agree.

T.J. and Radja's case will be heard. And oh, by the way, this is T.J. Oshie's first arrest. He was issued a citation last year surrounding the Judy's incident. I'm going to investigate who at the Grand Forks Herald or WDAZ ran the Associated Press', Press Release last night or early today. Total defamation of TJ's name.

It's not "defamation" if it's the truth. He was arrested, and is now facing a charge. Where's the falsity? :lol:

You say you want to support Oshie. Great. That's part of being a fan. Nothing wrong with that.

I'd also say it's the other way around. Oshie owes you. I'll say that again. Oshie owes YOU.

YOU are the ones who buy the tickets, YOU pay for his tuition, YOU pay for his equipment, and YOU cheer your guts out for him every weekend, making it possibile to develop his hockey talents so he can bring honor to your school and state and even hit the big NHL payday someday. Oshie represents YOU, the fans of North Dakota, every time he skates out on the ice as an ambassador of your school and your state, and off the ice as well. Oshie owes it to YOU to act in an exemplary way. It's right there in the scholarship agreement he signed...

If he goes out and gets arrested twice, he's not thinking about you. He's thinking about him. And that's the difference, folks. He's no longer a kid. You might think you owe him your support, but he's the one that owes you, especially now. You need to be demanding of your student athletes, because without YOU, there is no high profile hockey team. TJ Oshie is a fine hockey player, but you have every right to question his chacracter and judgment...

Boys will be boys, and a college age kid having some drinks on the weekend...especially a saturday night after the game. Big deal. Most of us did plenty of it. It in no way reflects someone's character. I question the character of someone who blasts a really terrific young man and exceptional hockey player without knowing any of the facts or details surrounding a silly incident, except for the fact he got arrested. I've had limited interaction with him, but from where I'm sitting, TJ would give you the shirt off his back if you were cold and definitely wouldn't think that you "owed" him anything for it. Support the Osh!!

You say you want to support Oshie. Great. That's part of being a fan. Nothing wrong with that.

I'd also say it's the other way around. Oshie owes you. I'll say that again. Oshie owes YOU.

YOU are the ones who buy the tickets, YOU pay for his tuition, YOU pay for his equipment, and YOU cheer your guts out for him every weekend, making it possibile to develop his hockey talents so he can bring honor to your school and state and even hit the big NHL payday someday. Oshie represents YOU, the fans of North Dakota, every time he skates out on the ice as an ambassador of your school and your state, and off the ice as well. Oshie owes it to YOU to act in an exemplary way. It's right there in the scholarship agreement he signed...

If he goes out and gets arrested twice, he's not thinking about you. He's thinking about him. And that's the difference, folks. He's no longer a kid. You might think you owe him your support, but he's the one that owes you, especially now. You need to be demanding of your student athletes, because without YOU, there is no high profile hockey team. TJ Oshie is a fine hockey player, but you have every right to question his chacracter and judgment...

I can't believe this, but I find myself agreeing with a Denver Pioneer fan.

So blast him without the facts? Assume he is not living up to his end of the deal? You can not possibly be that judgmental.

TJ has played his heart out every game he's ever laced them up at UND. He gives us a lot better than many people are giving him right now.

Support the Osh!!

Why do people forget that college sports are still college sports. And the players are still college students. As I think we all know, college students do stupid things from time to time. As for the post about the athletes owing us, wrong. The athletes owe the team that they signed up for, they owe the teamates and themselves. They don't owe the fans. Not at that level of play, maybe they do in the Pros. Also, the fans have the right to say what they are going to say and think what they are going to think. But they also have the responsibility to remember that the athletes are still just college students.

Dude I have to agree with you. Seems like a bunch of jock sniffers wanting to weigh in with their opinion - probably 90% of the soapboxers haven't even come within 10 feet of an organized athletic team sport but yet feel righteous in offering a 3rd party opinion.

Being arrested does not necessarily show a lack of character. It sometimes shows great character (Nelson Mandela) or simply a lack of judgement. An arrest is not that big a deal, especially in GF where cops have nothing better to do than arrest underage college and highschoolers out having a good time. Some of the best people I know have been arrested.