SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Two UND and UNH

Goon

What was worse is what happened after the tying goal. We just lost all momentum and poise and we gave up two more goals to ice another home split. ;) Our banner-hanging teams from the 1990's would have won this game, either in regulation or in overtime. But I guess it isn't the 1990's anymore. :sad:

yeah, it may be time to move on from the 90's :D

im happy as hell we arnt in the 90's anymore, i can drink now legally with a real ID - fk the 90's

we better go woop some husky ass, and i mean their hockey team. not cheerleaders

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point that people are trying to make is that the second half of the season is now underway (the playoffs are just around the corner) and we are still "finding ourselves" as a team.

We were thinking that it does offically start till next weekend.

Also if the playoffs began today UND is probably a 2 seed.

We were thinking that it does offically start till next weekend.

Also if the playoffs began today UND is probably a 2 seed.

yeah, the playoffs arent around the corner, come on. we are just halfway through the season. playoffs in march and april when it matters. we could dig up threads from the last 3 years and its the same ol stuff. halarious... ill be upset if get dumped early in the ncaa tourney. until then its party on and go sioux

and trust me, our pairwise is good for our record and it could be much worse, thats all ill say to that ;)

I am so dissapointed right now. I totally agree that Chorney sucked tonight. I feel bad saying that, but it seemed like whenever they scored he was out there. He just needs a wake up call or something. Also, I think that it was a dumb move on Hak's part to not put Phil back in after Robbie's goal. We had the momentum and he obviously wasn't thinking at all. I just hope that we can do some soul searching and get a sweep in the near future. This team needs to want it and get some desperation.

yeah, the playoffs arent around the corner, come on. we are just halfway through the season. playoffs in march and april when it matters. we could dig up threads from the last 3 years and its the same ol stuff. halarious... ill be upset if get dumped early in the ncaa tourney. until then its party on and go sioux

and trust me, our pairwise is good for our record and it could be much worse, thats all ill say to that ;)

We are still sitting in eighth place right now...

Our schedule gets better from here on out.

i agree 94%, i wouldn't say that they "can't" perform, though. you can't overlook the times when the sioux dominated play. this game was lost in what 4 minutes. i think the boys (or a few of them) need to work on defensive zone play.

Actually it was 8 minutes and 47 seconds...

I am so dissapointed right now. I totally agree that Chorney sucked tonight. I feel bad saying that, but it seemed like whenever they scored he was out there. He just needs a wake up call or something. Also, I think that it was a dumb move on Hak's part to not put Phil back in after Robbie's goal. We had the momentum and he obviously wasn't thinking at all. I just hope that we can do some soul searching and get a sweep in the near future. This team needs to want it and get some desperation.

yeah you have to win the face off to do that and you have him start half way between the bench and net then he can do what he needs to do depending on the faceoff but thats a moot point. we sucked in the third and blew a 2 goal lead vs a good team. we had our chance to sweep and didnt get it done. i hope we can go into scsu and get some points. i say if you win you leave the lineup the exact same. dont understand that. same thing happened vs minny, we won then a couple changes. oh well. in hak we trust and we will go kick some husky azzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes. The team so far has been cruising, with no emotion. All talk and no walk.

I understand, after the last 3 seasons, that some (especaially younger) fans might buy into the whole "late season surge" idea. However, UND does not hang "Late season surge" banners. When you look up at the rafters of REA, you see WCHA and NCAA Championship banners. Nothing else.

I understand, after the last 3 seasons, that some (especaially younger) fans might buy into the whole "late season surge" idea. However, UND does not hang "Late season surge" banners. When you look up at the rafters of REA, you see WCHA and NCAA Championship banners. Nothing else.

for sure...wcha titles and ncaa title are what he hang but what are we gona do about it? nothing...you go with the flow and hope our team makes another frozen 4 run and a chance to win #8 which you mention above. a wcha title is a stretch as we all would agree at this point but if we can put together a few nice weekends good things can start happening. lets just hope for that to happen.

and yes i may be younger at 26 years old and i agree its not the best way to go about things just turning it on for some reason in the 2nd half has been the norm under hak. no rhyme or reason we as fans know. old fans or younger, who gives a crap. it is what it is and we will be watching the sioux next friday trying to start something great at sccc

OETKB you peed in your cherrios. Yes it sucks that they lost, but is december not april. This is still a good team with lots of potential. i have every confidence that they will be in contention come march and april. Just relax and remember the old cliche, " It is a marathon, not a sprint" It is a long season and I am sure all will be fine.

Since when did fans start considering "no sweep" years to be acceptable going into January? I just don't get the zombie-like reaction this year's fans have to what has traspired this season.

I'm proud to say that I've watched over 300 Sioux games live. I'm ashamed at what this year's team has done so far.

Their loss of composure was horrible and there's no arguing that. I also don't understand having Phil on the bench for the center ice faceoff; there was still 1+ minute left, plenty of time to pull him after you have good possession.

However, this was not like the Saturday CC, UMD and Minny games, where they came out flat. UND was better than Friday, and better than UNH for 53 minutes. They really looked good for most of the game, and generated a bunch more good chances than they did the night before. That Twilight Zone episode at the end ruined a good step forward.

Team looked great last night. Team looked ok tonight for the first 2 periods. I called the loss when we had no puck luck in the third. What can you say...We just flat out are not that good. I have decided not to watch for a few weeks. I threw a little fit tonight, and realized that I am too invested into a team that I have no control over. A team that is OK, but not great. This team is not as good as the Sioux team that lost to Denver in the Regional Final four years ago. We couldn't win it with Parise, we couldn't win it with Toews, I am starting to dout that we can win it with Oshie.

Why you mess with a good thing and change up the lines...I don't know. Team had a lot of chances tonight, but looked uncomfortable to me. Changes tonight were STUPID. I might not have Haks hockey coaching skill, but jeez. We dominated most of the game last night and had some break out perfomances...I am not happy with DH tonight. Oh well, Canadian education system I guess ;)

Why do you put in Michael F*ing Forney? he would be riding pine until next year at the earliest if I were in charge.

Failure, Failure, Failure.

Take the C off of Chorneys chest, bench Duncan and Oshie. This team needs a tall glass of wake the f up.

I know i sound stupid, but I am not patient enough to draw out the defensive failures of Duncs and Osh, or the complete inability to transition the puck by the entire defensive corps, or the failure of Lapointe to play any defense whatsoever...

angry and disappointed. This team is nothing short of a disappointment, and the biggest disappointment is their lack of desire. I am not on the team and I bet I would skate harder (but not as well ;) ).

Disappointment. Wake up call. I'm sick of saying it. I am not sick of saying that tonight"s line combos were a disaster.

This is not our year...unfortunately :D

Since when did fans start considering "no sweep" years to be acceptable going into January? I just don't get the zombie-like reaction this year's fans have to what has traspired this season.

I'm proud to say that I've watched over 300 Sioux games live. I'm ashamed at what this year's team has done so far.

whos said its acceptable? just dont understand what you want want to do about it and im gona get over it as it doesnt do any good to weep about it for more than acouple hours really? what do you wana do about it? line up the team and tar and feather tham or maybe cane them? im sure hak will do what he needs to do after tonight and thats all that can be done. i understand your frusteration it sucks to lose, we know. you dont have to see 300 games live to know that does it

Team looked great last night. Team looked ok tonight for the first 2 periods. I called the loss when we had no puck luck in the third. What can you say...We just flat out are not that good. I have decided not to watch for a few weeks. I threw a little fit tonight, and realized that I am too invested into a team that I have no control over. A team that is OK, but not great. This team is not as good as the Sioux team that lost to Denver in the Regional Final four years ago. We couldn't win it with Parise, we couldn't win it with Toews, I am starting to dout that we can win it with Oshie.

Why you mess with a good thing and change up the lines...I don't know. Team had a lot of chances tonight, but looked uncomfortable to me. Changes tonight were STUPID. I might not have Haks hockey coaching skill, but jeez. We dominated most of the game last night and had some break out perfomances...I am not happy with DH tonight. Oh well, Canadian education system I guess ;)

Why do you put in Michael F*ing Forney? he would be riding pine until next year at the earliest if I were in charge.

Failure, Failure, Failure.

Take the C off of Chorneys chest, bench Duncan and Oshie. This team needs a tall glass of wake the f up.

I know i sound stupid, but I am not patient enough to draw out the defensive failures of Duncs and Osh, or the complete inability to transition the puck by the entire defensive corps, or the failure of Lapointe to play any defense whatsoever...

angry and disappointed. This team is nothing short of a disappointment, and the biggest disappointment is their lack of desire. I am not on the team and I bet I would skate harder (but not as well ;) ).

Disappointment. Wake up call. I'm sick of saying it. I am not sick of saying that tonight"s line combos were a disaster.

This is not our year...unfortunately :D

well apply for a coaches position :sad: just trying to lighten ya up....im gona stick with them along with the team this season and i have a feeling you will as well, ill buy you a beer or 4 in denver if you make it when the sioux do :D time for some more beers

If we make it to Denver, AZSioux, I will hapily buy you numerous rounds as well. I will get over it too, and anyone who reads my posts knows that i spas out a little and then come back to being rational.

Bummed out by losing a game we could've won. We have not had puck luck this year. We definitely should've swept Bucky...a;though, we easily could've ben swept by Goldy if not for a stellar third period...

AZSioux, I like your posts. If we do get to Denver, I'll give you my cell. ;)

If we make it to Denver, AZSioux, I will hapily buy you numerous rounds as well. I will get over it too, and anyone who reads my posts knows that i spas out a little and then come back to being rational.

Bummed out by losing a game we could've won. We have not had puck luck this year. We definitely should've swept Bucky...a;though, we easily could've ben swept by Goldy if not for a stellar third period...

AZSioux, I like your posts. If we do get to Denver, I'll give you my cell. ;)

cool, deal.........

i fell ya, the worse part about tonight is that we had the damn lead and was holding it nicely then all of a sudden BAM, it was gone. shouldnt happen at all like that. been a strange season for sure.

We had the game in the bag and failed to protect a lead. That's what hurts.

WHy would Hak change the line combos?

Both Osh and Kaip were trying to play center tonight....

Vande centering Oshie and DUncan

Kaip centering Watkins and Kozek

Zajac centering Radke and Malone

Trupp centering Genoway and Frattin