SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs NEW HAMPSHIRE

AZSIOUX

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be there...This is my son's Birthday game...Will try to get him on the Video Screen at the game "1st Birthday"

He is wearing his White Sioux Jersey, with Phil's, Kozek's, Bina's and Trupp's autograph's on it...

His old man is wearing his new Black Sioux Jersey...

Momma is wearing her Pink Sioux Swethshirt (Oh Well)

I think it is gonna be a tight game, Sioux win on a Kozek PP goal 2-1

just watched the sioux boosters presser today online and hak said malone had a minor surgery over the break. im guessing a scope and that tj oshie has battled back through some tough injuries and has made great strides and is ready to go.

Don't think Kozek's going to be scoring tonight as he may be one of those guys who is dinged up a bit. I guess we'll see soon enough.

if hes in the lineup i say he gets a goal banged up or not or are you referring to him not even playing?

My only concern is the "hot goaltender" excuse. Bachman was the goaltender du jour when we played CC and he stopped us. Regan is a good goaltender. He's the only guy (other than JvR) who stands out to me. I'm not saying that UNH is a no talent hack that has gotten where they are by luck. I'm just wondering if the prospect of playing against a solid goaltender just gets us derailed sometimes.

per brad

UND's lines

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--17 Rylan Kaip

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--10 Andrew Kozek

26 Kyle Radke--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

5 Chay Genoway--19 Evan Trupp--21 Matt Frattin

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--25 Jake Marto

6 Zach Jones--3 Derrick LaPoint

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

forney, miller and davidson healthy scratches, malone injury scratch

New Hampshire's lines

15 Danny Dries--22 Mike Radja--39 Matt Fornataro

11 Jerry Pollastrone--9 Peter LaBlanc--12 Bobby Butler

8 Greg Collins--17 Thomas Fortney--14 Mike Sislo

16 Greg Manz--23 Phil DeSimone--20 Paul Thompson

2 Jamie Fritsch--19 Brad Flaishans

5 Kevin Kapstad--4 Craig Switzer

18 Nick Krates--7 Joe Charlebois

32 Kevin Regan

29 Brian Foster

Not sure if I like Kaip being on the top line, simply because he really has been a spark plug to get the 2nd line rolling at times. I guess Hak knows best though, and we'll see how it works out.

EDIT: I do like that 4th line though, however, we need Genoway to get his head in the game and play with Trupp and Frattin. He hasn't seemed to play that great as of late.

Not sure if I like Kaip being on the top line, simply because he really has been a spark plug to get the 2nd line rolling at times. I guess Hak knows best though, and we'll see how it works out.

i will go with hak on any line combos for sure. its not like any line has been lights out so why not change it up a bit

EDIT: I do like that 4th line though, however, we need Genoway to get his head in the game and play with Trupp and Frattin. He hasn't seemed to play that great as of late.

I think it works moving Kaip up to the top line. Maybe he was a spark plug on the 2nd line, but no more than VV was on the first line. Both lines have scoring power and grit. If nobody takes a shift off, those are two very hard working and dangerous lines.

TH not with us tonight, due to his father's death. Condolences TH.

Hak pre-game comments:

Nice to be back. Been a long layoff. Be nice to get back to game time.

Consistency is the easy word to use. Not sure if that's the correct word for us. A lot of good things to take out of the first half. Worked hard the last 20 days to see if we can improve off the break. It's a long break, even with Christmas in there. When you lose your last game, it's a long layoff.

The time off did pay off for a few guys. Still have Malone out of the lineup. A couple of guys in the lineup, the 20 days off was very valuable.

New Hampshire is currently leading Hockey East. Some players are very noticeable. Their goaltender is one of the top guys out east and around the nation. Good team speed and team play.

To have a good caliber team like NH come in, it's exciting for our fans, but when it comes down to the game itself, it's important on the national scene. Regardless of who were playing, it's an important game.

On the defensive side of the game, we've done a pretty good job for the most part in being stingy. We still have some areas to work on. On offense, there's been a lot of nights where we've created a lot of offense, but we haven't always finished. We have to work on finishing. We've tried a lot of different things over the break, so tonight, you'll see some new combinations.

We had final weeks, so we were able to take 3 or 4 days to let guys focus on that. We went back to work before the break and tried to look at a lot of things in there.

No one gone for the WJC. Last few years, we've had a 2, 3, or 4 guys gone. It's nice to have everyone here to build towards where we need to be.

New Hampshire is one of the top teams in the country, so it will be good competition. Their leaders are the veterans. We need to go out and make sure we're working. Need to move the feet and play with speed. We can't play in a slow style. We need to play short hard shifts, and work our way into getting our game legs back. We need to go out and work and that's what we're looking for.