SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Fighting Pike

Brasco

The state fish is the northern pike, an aggressive, large and fast moving fish that is commonly found in North Dakota. These fish put up a tremendous fight and are known to have sharp teeth. I have seen some cool logos with aggressive looking fish plus I think someone with logo design talent could easily use the current school colors as they are similar to the natural colors of the fish.

This fish has been known to eat dogs (granted smaller than a lab) but none the less more aggressive then most fish. Additionally, Pike and Sioux have the same syllables and could be swapped in cheers.

Just a thought, clearly I would prefer to keep the Sioux name but I believe it's days are numbered.

State Symbol site:

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/North_Dakot...thern_pike.html

I'm not going to argue whether or not the AFL is successful or not, but it doesn't change the fact that the team was a one year wonder.

I'm simply pointing out that the nickname is nothing original.

One year wonder? Hardly. The team was disbanded after its final regular season game in 1996 and players and staff never did receive a final paycheck. :lol: