SiouxSports.com Forum

Blais Leaving?

drone

I had a friend from the cities ask me if I had heard any rumors about Blais leaving to go coach a NHL. He had heard down there that Blais was leaving to go coach the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Has anybody else heard these rumors? I have not heard anything like that. The last thing I heard was Blais wanted a extension of his current contract.

When I originally read this I thought it was some sort of April Fools joke until I remembered that you were the poster that broke the news that Ziggy was forsaking all scholarship offers to walk on at UND, which most people didn't want to buy into either.

You were dead on before, but I hope that is not the case this time.

I know Blais has been quoted as saying he promised the families of Parise and Murray that he would be coach as long as they played for the Sioux so I doubt he would go back on his word. He interviewed with Columbus before their inaugural season.

I know Blais has been quoted as saying he promised the families of Parise and Murray that he would be coach as long as they played for the Sioux so I doubt he would go back on his word. He interviewed with Columbus before their inaugural season.

Of course, this could mean they're all leaving next year. :huh:

Reality check:

1. Blais is under contract through the 2003-04 season.

2. Blais has a $500,000.00 bonus that kicks in if he completes that contract, if he leaves he leaves $500,000.00 on the table that he was a year away from.

3. The GF Herald reported during the season that Blais was renegotiating a new five year deal.

And most importantly,

4. Today's date is April 1, 2003.

When I heard this I didn't even think about it being April Fool's day. If this was a joke played on me by my friend, he hasn't let me off the hook yet. If he does tell me this was all a joke I will post agian stating that.

Reality check:

1. Blais is under contract through the 2003-04 season.

2. Blais has a $500,000.00 bonus that kicks in if he completes that contract, if he leaves he leaves $500,000.00 on the table that he was a year away from.

3. The GF Herald reported during the season that Blais was renegotiating a new five year deal.

And most importantly,

4. Today's date is April 1, 2003.

The rumor was probably started by someone that was a fan of another wcha school...

I had a friend from the cities ask me if I had heard any rumors about Blais leaving to go coach a NHL. He had heard down there that Blais was leaving to go coach the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Has anybody else heard these rumors?

After hearing from Dean himself after he coached all the overpayed, spoiled, professional national team players several years ago. He wants no part of the professional athelete. All about individuals and not the team.

But money does make people listen.