SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know for sure how the seating will be this weekend in the student section? They didn't include them in the season pack and when I bought them, they have reserved seating on them. I also rememeber seeing that holiday pack advertised for the general public for the student section. So my question is, will the student who bought tickets be mixed in with the GP or will they have their own section? And if not, will the students obey the seating rule? Just trying to figure out if I need to or just want to wait outside on Sat.

Students are basically considered GP for this series (and other holiday break games). They get reserved seats, but only have to pay the $7/game. For the most part, there isn't a student crowd for these games, just students mixed into the public. It doesn't create much of an atmosphere in an already stale REA.

Students are basically considered GP for this series (and other holiday break games). They get reserved seats, but only have to pay the $7/game. For the most part, there isn't a student crowd for these games, just students mixed into the public. It doesn't create much of an atmosphere in an already stale REA.

Ok so its like the playoff series last year then. It was alright. I actually think it has its advantages then because the students who are there are hardcore and they are all grouped together.

brads points say a lot to our non conference schedule so far then throw UNH in there in a month. the wcha part is just luck as we dont make that part of the schedule but playing these teams out of the wcha will only prep you for march and april!!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Here's probably the most interesting part of the rankings -- every Sioux opponent to this point is ranked in the USCHO.com poll:

Michigan State (5)

Boston College (14)

Northeastern (20)

Michigan Tech (19)

Colorado College (4)

Wisconsin (12)

then the near future

And this week's opponent, Minnesota-Duluth is No. 15. If you want to look in the future:

Nov. 30-Dec. 1 -- Denver (3)

Dec. 7-Dec. 8 -- Minnesota (13)

Dec. 28-Dec. 29 -- New Hampshire (8)

Jan. 5-Jan. 6 -- St. Cloud State (10)

Jan. 11-Jan. 12 -- Michigan Tech (19)

tUMD is only 1-3 on the road this year..

'Tis true, but I'd like to add those were two series at Colorado College and Denver. tUMD has struggled with UND for the last few years, hopefully tDogs play defensive hockey like last years games in Grand Forks and sneak out with a couple points.

Ok so its like the playoff series last year then. It was alright. I actually think it has its advantages then because the students who are there are hardcore and they are all grouped together.

That really all depends on when you got your tickets. If you got your tickets days later than someone else then chances are your seats are much higher, although probably in the lower bowl. The advantages of the holidays are that you can drink beer in the student section! I remember I gave up my season ticket last year and bought a 'student' ticket which is actually reserved seating. There were students who must sit in these seats during the non-holiday games that tried taking these seats during the holiday, which were actually my seats, and they wouldn't move haha. I basically made a threat to them since I was so pissed that I missed the first minutes of the game to their dumbasses, never take a sioux fan's seats! :D They were so pissed when they got kicked out of their seats and I had a huge smirk on my face as they walked by, which probably made them even more pissed Im sure. :D

brads points say a lot to our non conference schedule so far then throw UNH in there in a month. the wcha part is just luck as we dont make that part of the schedule but playing these teams out of the wcha will only prep you for march and april!!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Here's probably the most interesting part of the rankings -- every Sioux opponent to this point is ranked in the USCHO.com poll:

Michigan State (5)

Boston College (14)

Northeastern (20)

Michigan Tech (19)

Colorado College (4)

Wisconsin (12)

then the near future

And this week's opponent, Minnesota-Duluth is No. 15. If you want to look in the future:

Nov. 30-Dec. 1 -- Denver (3)

Dec. 7-Dec. 8 -- Minnesota (13)

Dec. 28-Dec. 29 -- New Hampshire (8)

Jan. 5-Jan. 6 -- St. Cloud State (10)

Jan. 11-Jan. 12 -- Michigan Tech (19)

Hence I don't think 5-3-1 is a bad record at all. In fact it will help the Sioux's power ranking in the future more than it will Miami's (I haven't played anyone yet) of Ohio.

Hence I don't think 5-3-1 is a bad record at all. In fact it will help the Sioux's power ranking in the future more than it will Miami's (I haven't played anyone yet) of Ohio.

This was true up until last year. Now your winning percentage becomes far and away the most important factor in your RPI. Unless of course I missed another new change to the formula. Either way UND need not worry unless they start getting swept.

This was true up until last year. Now your winning percentage becomes far and away the most important factor in your RPI. Unless of course I missed another new change to the formula. Either way UND need not worry unless they start getting swept.

Up until the first of the year all a team has to be is 500. It is not beyond the realm of possibilities that UND is around .500 based on the Sioux's hard schedule. After Christmas it is time to turn it on.

The atmosphere is pretty dead anyways even when the students ARE there. I think as much as everyone does go to the arena for the games, it's also a huge social event for lots of those people. I've heard lots of stories (and have some of my own) of people sitting in awesome seats in the lower bowl and not knowing anything about hockey and having conversations about anything but hockey. These same people will also not cheer and look at anybody who is cheering with a weird look (like actually wondering why we're cheering at a hockey game). It's really sad actually.

Anyways, I will be there cheering loud (as usual) and I hope to see a Sioux sweep against Duluth and a hard-working team. Go Sioux! :silly:

Grinders, Thongs and Beer Pong three of my favorite things ???

You meant Beer Bong right?

bongs, beer bongs, beer pong and thongs work for me as well :silly:

that does it, im heading back to ASU for my masters :lol: or maybe ill just do it online during the hockey season so i can go to the games in grand forks :lol:

OR, you can get your Master's at UND AND get student season hockey tickets!!

good idea but they dont have the program i want to do...or i would :silly: UND was my 2nd choice for college really then bemidji 3rd my good friends played football there. would have gone to either but i couldnt pass up the sun and the 35,000 girlies :lol:

Duluth can be pesky, although we have had good success against them in recent years. Stalock is a pretty good goalie so we cannot allow him to steal a game. Sioux NEED 4 points as CC and Denver are off to good starts and we cannot afford to fall too far behind in the standings.