SiouxSports.com Forum

DII Playoffs - Round I

The Sicatoka

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? I don't know. Our fssn coverage signed off & they went back to the cable channel right away anyway, so a 10 minute wait means no comment from the coach!

Dan Hammer was talking about the cooling off period, but maybe it was to interview players. They have Dressler on the radio right now.

EDIT: Now talking with Coach Lennon.

He said he is very excited to go to GVSU and we just need to get some guys healthy and they are ready.

I'm as glad as you are to see those egotistical a-holes lose, but I wish you hadn't polluted a thread about our D2 playoff game with news about that program. I think it would have been better stated in a new thread.

Or just kept it to yourself and we all could have read about it in Sunday's newspaper. Thats quick enough for me to find out. :D

Grand Forks. Don't know which HS. (quick edit - I hear it was Central :D)

Game over!!

SIOUX WIN LAST HOME PLAYOFF GAME FOR AT LEAST 5 YRS

ps Doors player of game = Chappell

Battle didn't play h.s. ball in Grand Forks. I believe he's actually from Massachusetts. Not sure how or why he ended up here. I'm pretty sure he's a walk-on.

Call me negative, but it's tough to get excited about the probability of going to GVSU with UND starting its 4th string tailback. It would have been an uphill battle with everyone healthy...

IMO, there's no way UND could realistically run the same offense and play Battle against GVSU. In order to have any chance to win, you'd almost have to either i) go empty backfield and throw on every down, a la Mankato and Duluth; ii) line up Dressler at running back; iii) move Ryan Kasowski to offense; or iv) take the red shirt off Solum (highly unlikely at this point).

Great job by the defense today. I know Winona's offense isn't of the same caliber as UNO or USD, notwithstanding their regular season stats, but it was nice to see a running game completely shut down by the Sioux defense again.

Battle never played football at und he played in Texas and moved here after or during his senior year.

I knew his parents were GF natives, and game audio referred to him as from Grand Forks. After I posted, I saw other posters saying he'd gone to Grand Forks Central - thus the 'quick edit'.

Here's the official UND info: (don't know how to post the link) I believe Amesbury is in Massachusetts.

Hopefully he won't have to 'carry the ball' or 'cover the backs' alone next week - :D - but he did ok today!

Steven Battle

# 1

Running Back - RB

Height: 5-10 Weight: 190

Redshirt Freshman

Previous Affiliations

Amesbury High School

Hometown

Grand Forks, N.D.

Courtesy: FightingSioux.com

Release: 01/22/2007

Enters the season fourth on the depth chart at tailback.

2006: Redshirt season.

Before UND: A 2006 graduate of Amesbury High School ... A three-year letterwinner in football and an all-league selection at wide receiver ... Also competed in track and field as a prep and was named team's most valuable player ... Lettered in basketball once.

Personal: Undecided on a major ... Son of Earl Battle and Jeani Driscoll.

A few comments and observations from the game:

1) The crowd was in spectator mode.

2) My daughter asked why the BLIMP was not flying. I had to tell her about the evil known as the NCAA.

3) Even though the score was very similiar to last years match-up...we did not look sharp today.

4) If WSU is a 10-1 NSIC team...SCSU, UMD and MSU-M are already looking forward to the 2008 playoffs.

5) I don't care if the NCAA fines me...the officiating SUCKED.

6) To the guy sitting behind me...dump your girlfriend. You are one miserable SOB...I feel for you.

7) Blue Moon is my new favorite beer.

8) When they announced the final score for the Dakota Marker game...I smiled.

9) I'm glad I got to see Dressler score one more TD at home...thanks.

10) If Ryan Chappell needs a new leg...he can have mine.

Congratulations to Coach Lennon and the boys...get healthy.

2) My daughter asked why the BLIMP was not flying. I had to tell her about the evil known as the NCAA.

3) Even though the score was very similiar to last years match-up...we did not look sharp today.

4) If WSU is a 10-1 NSIC team...SCSU, UMD and MSU-M are already looking forward to the 2008 playoffs.

6) To the guy sitting behind me...dump your girlfriend. You are one miserable SOB...I feel for you.

Best. Post. This. Weekend.

If WSU is a 10-1 NSIC team...SCSU, UMD and MSU-M are already looking forward to the 2008 playoffs.

Its called wsu cant not beat und....EVER......but i think thye can beta the new 4 schools coming in

Congrats on a job well done. Now bring that national championship back to Grand Forks where it belongs & GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. As for myself i'm getting ready for FSU coming to THE SWAMP so GO GATORS CHOMP ON THOSE NOLES. GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXX.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973

:D:D

I'm as glad as you are to see those egotistical a-holes lose, but I wish you hadn't polluted a thread about our D2 playoff game with news about that program. I think it would have been better stated in a new thread.

I wasn't the first one to mention the Bison in this thread, plus i was encouraged by another member to keep the updates coming. :D

Meaning SDSU recovered?

Please keep us updated on this game!

Ticker on ESPN says that SDSU is leading NDSU 20-10 coming up on the half.

This was the first update about the Bison it was from Smoggy. Who started the pollution of this thread?? Thats what I thought.

The highlight for me was the capers of the Lennon Boys dragging in and out the FG net. Absolute comedy. :D

I think it's funny that the little guy always is always on the end that looks like it would be the hardest to pull out. I've seen the older brother come to his rescue many times.

Then shame on whoever mentioned them before you did.

Posting scores of interest is not a big deal. Sometimes people will post scores that are of interest from IA football. Yesterday, there was some interest in a IAA game. Where the thread got off track is when a poster misunderstood a semi-sarcastic remark and started spouting off.