SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoffs

SiouxCrew11

I hope that people realize this will be the last home playoff game for at least 5 years. If we get a half-ass crowd, I will be very disappointed. I know it's Winona, but lets send the team off to GVSU with a great crowd in the last home playoff game in D2.

I hope so too...spread the word! I will! How about a ss.com grassroots effort to get as many butts in the seats as we can?

No surprises there -- the winner of the Winona @ UND game is treated with a trip to Grand Valley St. I'd almost rather have a #5 seed and get another shot at UNO earlier.

Wouldn't a win at GVSU, to even the all-time series, be a nice way to leave D-II? Of course, I get ahead of myself, as Winona undoubtedly thinks a win at the Alerus would be a nice way to send us out of D-II...

You have to beat the best to be the best. If we would play UNO and win, we still would have to go to GV a week later, in colder weather and with a more dinged up team. This way, we hopefully jump to a big lead, rest the star players, and go to GV a week earlier and end the streak. Then we can set up a NCC showdown in Omaha for the Northwest title.

If the defense continues to play like they have been, we won't have much to worry about...except hoping we do better next year.

The pass D played pretty well yesterday. I realize SD wasn't dominating us on the ground so they didn't pass as much as they probably would have, but they still played well. Other than the one pass interference that they still caught for a big gain, they limited the big plays. We just need to work on identifying who is carrying the ball and wrapping them up.

Where is the crazy guy from Winona that thought his boys were going to beat the Sioux last season and could only get a couple of points?

Did he graduate? Drop out? I was looking forward to a couple of posts per day this week. I need more humor in my week!

That was warrior08. Haven't seen or heard from him since he left town last year with his tail tucked between his legs! :blush:

I hope that people realize this will be the last home playoff game for at least 5 years. If we get a half-ass crowd, I will be very disappointed. I know it's Winona, but lets send the team off to GVSU with a great crowd in the last home playoff game in D2.

Hunting Pheasnts in SD.

You have to beat the best to be the best. If we would play UNO and win, we still would have to go to GV a week later, in colder weather and with a more dinged up team. This way, we hopefully jump to a big lead, rest the star players, and go to GV a week earlier and end the streak. Then we can set up a NCC showdown in Omaha for the Northwest title.

But, that is our own fault. We shouldn't even have a playoff now if we would have moved up earlier. I guarentee more people will be in Brookings for a meaningless game than this one. Any one want to bet me on that one?

I wish we could turn back the clock and not have been so short sighted.

I guarentee more people will be in Brookings for a meaningless game than this one. Any one want to bet me on that one?

Probably, but they only drew 3300 yesterday, and SDSU vs. Southern Utah more closely resembles the UND-Winona matchup than does SDSU vs. NDSU in terms of expected competitiveness.

Congrats to UND on a great regular season. I trust that the Sioux will enjoy their first round home game even if it is just Winona. I know that GV will use the bye week to full advantage. Sometimes it is hard to believe that GV has not lost since that 2004 game in your tin box. The streak has to end sometime..............................or does it? You are right about beating the best so whatever team fights their way out of the NW....Could......Go.......All.....The.....Way!

WOW! Emmanuel Lewis is here! :D I miss Alex Karras :blush:;)

But, that is our own fault. We shouldn't even have a playoff now if we would have moved up earlier. I guarentee more people will be in Brookings for a meaningless game than this one. Any one want to bet me on that one?

I wish we could turn back the clock and not have been so short sighted.

the time wasn't right for us when the ag college went...now it is...that's the way it goes! I'll give props to them for their undefeated season :blush: but it's meaningless! Who cares if there's a bigger crowd in Brookings this weekend? UND still has something to play for in their final season in D2 so lets do it!

Any chance the Fighting Sioux could end up playing at West Chester or Southern Connecticut in the later rounds? Both would be less than two hours from the here at the New Jersey Shore.

GO NORTH DAKOTA!!!

nope...NW Champ meets the SW champ (probably Chadron St. or NW Missouri) North Alabama will probably roll through the NE :blush:

Can someone supply the link for the playoff pairings that includes the dates and locations? I saw a list of all of the Regions but no dates attached. Thanks and as always Go Sioux!

D2Football.com 2007 Brackets

NCAAsports.com 2007 Brackets

And just for fun here is D2Football.com's

2006 playoff brackets

2005 playoff brackets