SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go as far to say it will be a sweep yet, CC is a good team. I picked them third in the preseason rankings and as we saw a few weeks ago they may be the number two team in the conference right now. This is one of my favorite series to watch because they recruit a good amount of Twin Cities kids, I watched Scott Thauwald in high school because he is from my hometown and I also watched Addison DeBoer and Chad Rau in high school.

I have an off topic question: How soon after the game will it be offered on Sioux Extra on demand? Same night?

Thanks!

i would like to know that has well. i only get to watch about the first 15 minutes due to having to go to my nephews birthday party

i would like to know that has well. i only get to watch about the first 15 minutes due to having to go to my nephews birthday party

I thinking of going to the UW-Steven's Point hockey game, which is at the same time...I'd like to watch the Sioux game when I get home if possible. Maybe they have wireless in the arena, and I can watch it there on my laptop!

I was in the Springs last January. Vande really came out and played the style of hockey we were waitng for that weekend. The team played well and managed 2 pts on the road and it could have easily been a sweep for our squad. Vande was a big part of that as we were short our players that were in the world junior tourney.

Look for V to have a big weekend!

I have an off topic question: How soon after the game will it be offered on Sioux Extra on demand? Same night?

Thanks!

It's usually later the same night, around midnight or so, when it becomes available. All depends on what time the game ends, and how quick they are. I know the Michigan State game was put on demand at about 11:30p.m. Manitoba was a little earlier.

And once again, we ask the question...why on earth would you get married during hockey season? That's what the offseason is for. :blink:

It's good to see some women feel that way. Unfortunately, not all of them do. However, my wedding took place in August. My ex-wife knew better than to even think about scheduling it during hockey season.

Thanks!

C.C. is talented up front and they will be fast. The Sioux need to crash the net get the C.C. goalie off his game...

Looks like the saturday night game is sold out! Thats awesome. Too bad I have to go to a wedding reception. :crazy:

Friday is sold out as well! That is cool! People schedule weddings on crazy dates. My cousin is getting married next summer, and my dad works in Alaska, 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off. He knows his schedule for way in advance. And what do they do? But schedule the wedding for the day he gets back from Alaska. He is going to be beat. He works the night shift and then has to fly all the way to Kentucky. People are idiots when it comes to scheduling weddings, it seems.

Forwards aside, I think the biggest line-up question for tonight and the weekend is with the D Corp. After watching both of last weekends games, LaPoint REALLY made a strong case for that last full-time spot. And it's not as if Marto has been tripping on the blue line, he's played some good hockey so far when he's been in. So the question(s) are: do you play LaPoint tonight and Marto Saturday? Do you give Marto a shot tonight, based on practice this week? OR, and this could be our very own quarterback controversy, do you sit one of the other guys Saturday night based on Friday's game?

Like I said, just my opinion (which ain't worth much), but the Sioux coaching staff tend to reward good play in games AND practice and after last weekend it would be really tough to sit LaPoint. So to the second option, which of the current defensemen would the coaches think about sitting? Chorney, Bina and Finley are no-brainers. So would they sit Jones or Genoway (again, assuming LaPoint plays both nights) if they had an off Friday night? Man, it has to be dam hard coaching when you have SO MANY incredibly talented players to pick from. Just another day for the Fighting Sioux coaches.

Forwards aside, I think the biggest line-up question for tonight and the weekend is with the D Corp. After watching both of last weekends games, LaPoint REALLY made a strong case for that last full-time spot. And it's not as if Marto has been tripping on the blue line, he's played some good hockey so far when he's been in. So the question(s) are: do you play LaPoint tonight and Marto Saturday? Do you give Marto a shot tonight, based on practice this week? OR, and this could be our very own quarterback controversy, do you sit one of the other guys Saturday night based on Friday's game?

Like I said, just my opinion (which ain't worth much), but the Sioux coaching staff tend to reward good play in games AND practice and after last weekend it would be really tough to sit LaPoint. So to the second option, which of the current defensemen would anyone be willing to sit? Chorney, Bina and Finley are no-brainers. So would they sit Jones or Genoway (again, assuming LaPoint plays both nights) if they had an off Friday night? Man, it has to be dam hard coaching when you have SO MANY incredibly talented players to pick from. Just another day for the Fighting Sioux coaches.

Chorney, Bina, Finley, Genoway, Jones, Lapoint in that order! All are too solid not to be in the line-up. Marto will have to wait for an injury or a major collapse by any of the others!

Chorney, Bina, Finley, Genoway, Jones, Lapoint in that order! All are too solid not to be in the line-up. Marto will have to wait for an injury or a major collapse by any of the others!

Hak said in his interview with TH on Wednesday that he thought Marto probably earned a start on Saturday, but he gave it to LaPoint due to him playing well Friday night. I won't be surprised to see Marto play at least one game this weekend.

Hak said in his interview with TH on Wednesday that he thought Marto probably earned a start on Saturday, but he gave it to LaPoint due to him playing well Friday night. I won't be surprised to see Marto play at least one game this weekend.

Neither would I. It's pretty tough to keep a guy out of the lineup when he's earning a spot in practice and has played well when he's been in.

Neither would I. It's pretty tough to keep a guy out of the lineup when he's earning a spot in practice and has played well when he's been in.

Hak also said in his pre-game interview last Saturday night that guys earn spots in the line-up during practice, which is why Forney was getting a shot. He said that Forney had definitely earned a spot in the line-up over the past two weeks of practice.

Hak also said in his pre-game interview last Saturday night that guys earn spots in the line-up during practice, which is why Forney was getting a shot. He said that Forney had definitely earned a spot in the line-up over the past two weeks of practice.

Exactly my point and question. After watching last weekend's games, to some of us novices, LaPoint played his arse off and there was no way he should be pulled. But then you hear Marto has been busting his balls in practice, earning himself a shot. It has to be a hell of a call, but really great for the program and player development. Every practice during the week is like final cutdown tryouts and the reward is to play on the best team in college hockey.

I guess it will all come down to how they all practiced this week. And I'll continue my Forney Fan club boosting and hope that he had a good week in practice and SKATED like hell all week. Now that he's got his shot, it would be a shame to lose it because of lack of conditioning. Still say that kid is the breakout player of the year for returning players. Trupp and Frattin are going to have to duke it out for Frosh of the Year.