SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All it takes to see the Frozen Four is a two-game winning streak. Miami's probably a lot better than most here think. I'll just worry about the Sioux and let the rest happen.

actually, for them, with that schedule, it will most likely take a 3-game winning streak: Conference championship game + 1st 2 rounds. but i doubt it will happen.

i like all your picks az... but i say forney notches his first collegiate goal, and watkins has a multi-point weekend. oh hell, who cares as long as we sweeeeeeeeeeep! GO SIOUX!

I don't even know if he will play, but I would definately love to see Forney with at least one point this weekend if he makes the lineup.

I don't even know if he will play, but I would definately love to see Forney with at least one point this weekend if he makes the lineup.

I get the feeling that his first goal will lift the weight of the world off his shoulders. Assuming he can take some defensive responsibility I wouldn't mind seeing him on a second line with Kaip and Watkins or Kozek.

I get the feeling that his first goal will lift the weight of the world off his shoulders. Assuming he can take some defensive responsibility I wouldn't mind seeing him on a second line with Kaip and Watkins or Kozek.

forney is playing friday as hak stated that in his coaches show tonight, no word on whos sitting but ill guess radke

What is your reasoning to suggest Forney on the second line? He certainly hasn't warranted that opportunity IMO. Kozek, with his 4 goals, has earned that right a lot more than Forney this year.

He played very well on Saturday and if he were to repeat that with more talent around him he might serve to figure into the scoring.

He played very well on Saturday and if he were to repeat that with more talent around him he might serve to figure into the scoring.

don't get me wrong, it sounded like he played a good game, but i don't think he is ready to step into the second line, yet. other players have earned their spots, and will most likely stay there. we will see, by the end of the year who knows.

He played good on Saturday night in Houghton...I wouldn't say great. To me, he seemed gassed often, my guessing is because he hasn't played lately. He had one good opportunity, but it was at the end of his shift and he didn't get much on it. He also got stuck down low trailing the play a few times. He deserves to play this weekend, just not on the 2nd line IMO.

Does the label "2nd line" really matter? Isn't the job of the coaching staff to put the best combinations together in order to put the guys in the best position to win the games? I'm sure no matter the role Hakstol and company want for MForney, he'll be happy to fill it.